[NO SPOILERS] "Positive nitpicking" - what you loved about this episode.

I adored this episode. It was rich with dialogue and history straight from the books but it never felt like I was being force-fed exposition. The scenery, the costumes... so lush and vibrant. I've got a new TV and everything just looks amazing. Easily one of the top episodes of the series so far. Could be my favorite episode. The end with Dany's armies and her dragons flying... Wow.

When I've rewatched the episode my favorite scene has eventually become Beric Dondarrion's first scene. I really enjoy all the characters there, I love that The Hound gets to speak more, and my favorite moment is Beric announcing that he's the one to fight the dog.

I also like that Sansa is praying to a white tree stump. It's not enormous but it can still be taken as some sort of hint that there had been a Godswood at King's Landing before.

Without echoing everyone else in this thread...

...the score in this episode was fantastic!

The most obvious example is the 'Dracarys' scene, but my favourite piece was the mixing of Theon's theme with the Stark theme. Absolutely beautiful and painfully melancholy.

small detail but nonetheless cool, we see exactly 8000 unsullied on screen.

in the pan shot there are 10 big blocks of unsullied, each containing 4*5 small blocks, with each one of those holding 8*5 unsullied. it could be two more big blocks in the top right corner, but after all they are not on screen so we cant be sure allthough it would make sense.

8*5*4*5*10=8000

each big block containing 800 men, so lets assume one of the blocks we dont see are the 800 not finished training and the last block are no unsullied but the place where they piled up the corpse of the slavers, so we end up with the said 8800 in total :D

Archived