[NO SPOILERS] "Positive nitpicking" - what you loved about this episode.

I know, I loved his interaction with Beric quite a lot. I enjoyed Sandor in the books too, but he has an even better presence in the TV show thanks to a very strong actor. "You want to cut my throat? Get on with it!"

He's one of my favourite characters and Rory is totally killing it. I think he's wonderful.

I loved his disdainful reaction to the name of his Brother.

What's really impressed me about Gleeson this season is while last season Joff was pretty much the devil incarnate, the actor has actually been able to humanize such a despicable character. He conveys Joffrey's insecurities and desire to impress Margaery superbly, as well as his fear of the people he's oppressing.

He's one of my favourites, definitely. I think Joffrey this season is hilarious. :lol:

Joffrey is fantastic this season. He's so funny and Gleeson does it perfectly. He's just like, "Aw yeah this hot bitch likes me, she thinks I'm so cool, she likes the things I like, I'm so giddy, I don't need my mom anymore, I'm such a fucking boss" but he's so awkward about it and terrible at it. I never thought I'd enjoy Joffrey.

"My real father lost his head at King's Landing". :bawl: :crying: :bawl: :crying:

I was being completely thick when I saw that and was like, "but Balon Greyjoy is ali...OH! Awwww" (cue waterworks). Seriously. The show made me like Theon so much more. I felt bad for book Theon, but I never really liked

him much.

Pretty much this.

I can't think of one scene in this episode that I didn't like. Even the Varys x Ros scene, while a little useless, was fun.

Also: "And what happens when the non-existent bumps against the decrepit" might just be my favorite line uttered in this show so far.

Yes. Yes yes! And no pointless nudity in this episode. Maybe they're holding out for next episode...although those scenes are actually part of the story...soooo...what have we learned today? Less pointless scenes=more story=better scenes=better episodes!

We do not sew. We crochet !

Couldn't resist

Oh my god I almost died of laughter :drunk:

Always enjoyed him in Torchwood and had the chance to see him in Oliver in London's West End. He is a very fine actor and has a real presence. I'd like to see him do more work.

I had the most geekiest fit when I saw him. "OWEN what are you doing in Westeros??" Hahaha.

Margaery... :bowdown: I really like what the writers are doing with her character, and Natalie Dormer portrays her so well. Again I love how out of his element Joffrey seems when dealing with Margaery. Makes me almost go "aww" until he starts acting like the sadistic little child he is.

Also Dany in this episode... :bowdown:

I'm rejoicing as much as Jorah and Barristan were at that last scene. It was beautifully shot! The slo-mo dropping of the whip, then the camera panning over the massive Unsullied army...I apologize for this long post. I don't think there was anything I disliked about this episode ahaha

I cannot praise the set of the Great Sept enough. It's stunning.

And it has such an enthusiastic little tour guide as well. :D

Even knowing what we do about her it's hard to not feel badly for Cersei when she's looking up at the young couple with tears in her eyes, and realizing that she's "losing" him.

And it has such an enthusiastic little tour guide as well. :D

Even knowing what we do about her it's hard to not feel badly for Cersei when she's looking up at the young couple with tears in her eyes, and realizing that she's "losing" him.

Her love for her children is her one redeeming quality, after all. (Well, that and her cheekbones, according to Tyrion!) As fucked up as she is, and as bad as Joffrey is, she does love him. And it's sad that she is finally recognizing how awful and reckless he is. She wanted him to be like Jaime, and he's nothing like Jaime but more like Aerys... Viewing her as a mother, it's very sad, and Lena acts it flawlessly.

But hasn't that already happened with Ramsay "Boy" :lol:

I think this is just the tip of the iceburg with Joffrey, and we'll be getting a few reminders of just who he really is soon.

Remember the "Everyone is mine to torment" line from the trailers? That seems relevant.

The part were Emilia Clarke as Daenerys says AXIO XENTAS MENTIO XENTAS . I dont speak Valyrian but i can just tell

those words were the part about killing and she sounds like a demon when she says them, gave me

goose pimples and a smile at the same time :)

I like Mormont's death, although it is cliche for the tough guy who gets stabbed to grab the stabber as he dies, it was well done, very badass, the coughed up blood is when it really hit me. Just sad we didnt get his last words

This is what an episode of Game of Thrones should be.

Things were elaborated on, that we didn't see in the book, such as Varys/Olenna, Joffrey/Margaery, Tywin/Cersei and Theon's journey into becoming Reek, and were great scenes.

The scenes from the book...Jaime getting bullied, Dracarys, and the trial of the Hound, were perfect.

And where stuff had to deviate from the book like Sansa being married to Loras, the scenes were beautiful and acting was spot on.

One of the best episodes ever!! No pointless nudity either!

Probably my favorite episode of the series so far! I loved the Varys/QoT scene. I thought the show-invented dialogue was witty and sounded like something the actual book characters would say. 'what happens when the nonexistent meets the decrepit?' :)

Archived