[NO SPOILERS] "Positive nitpicking" - what you loved about this episode.

I find it so hard to not watch the second half of this ep over and over...

Sets.....

Baelor. It's not what I had envisioned - its more closed in than what I had pictured but the location they chose is mindblowing

BwB - there was something special about it, both the outside and the actual entrance to the cave.

There was a lot about this ep that felt like a series final, most particularly because of the events at Astapor, but the whole episode just seemed really well paced. Jaime/Brienne at the start got you in. a little piece of Bran early (to fill a Bran quota I guess), all the scenes in KL that seemed to really work together and push the story - then the big 3: Craster's, BwB v Sandor and Astapor.

After a second watch, I have a few more:

- Sansa praying to a Weirwood stump.

- Eddison Tollett: "We're like the sons he never had."

- Speaking of Edd, he and Grenn actually seemed like characters. First time they've appeared in a scene without Jon or Sam?

- Craster's axe was the one given to him in 2x01.

- Mentions of "Brightflame," Aegon and Rhaenys.

- Jaime reaching for the sword with his stump.

I could go on forever, so I'll stop there.

I genuinely think that at least 80% of characters are more interesting and better portrayed on the Show than in the Books. This is partially at least because the acting is superb, but also because we are not PoV restricted, it has its downsides like making some motivations and decisions harder to understand but I think it really helps the story, in general

After a second watch, I have a few more:

- Sansa praying to a Weirwood stump.

- Eddison Tollett: "We're like the sons he never had."

- Speaking of Edd, he and Grenn actually seemed like characters. First time they've appeared in a scene without Jon or Sam?

- Craster's axe was the one given to him in 2x01.

- Mentions of "Brightflame," Aegon and Rhaenys.

I could go on forever, so I'll stop there.

I noticed the bold and I liked those sooo much as well. The shot of Sansa praying was beautiful. And I love Grenn so much, but Pyp always stuck out to me on the show more than Edd. It's a shame because I like Edd so much in the books but I don't know if nonreaders even know his name?

The italics I did not notice but I have to re-watch for them because that is fucking AWESOME. Small details like that are my favorites.

I genuinely think that at least 80% of characters are more interesting and better portrayed on the Show than in the Books. This is partially at least because the acting is superb, but also because we are not PoV restricted, it has its downsides like making some motivations and decisions harder to understand but I think it really helps the story, in general

The characters I believe that are present in both the show and in the books that are better in the books are Cat, Littlefinger, and Stannis. I think everyone is else at least almost as good or better in the show. And I've been reading since 2001 or so, shortly after aSoS came out.

I don't particularly agree. Stannis, Catelyn and Petyr Baelish are miles better in the books. But there certainly ARE characters that are better in the show, ie Osha and Theon.

I don't particularly agree. Stannis, Catelyn and Petyr Baelish are miles better in the books. But there certainly ARE characters that are better in the show, ie Osha and Theon.

I agree with those three, but most everyone else is as good or better to me. Although Jon Snow could be argued, and Asha/Yara seemed pretty lame although in general her role is pretty small. For a cast of so many, that's actually quite remarkable.

The crow that stabbed Craster....I forgot his name in the book....was he even mentioned in the episode....he was a pretty sinister character.....very well played .....also I would have liked a little cameo from the Goat...would ahve been comical to hear the slobbering and the lisping

Brienne and Jaime's scenes. They were superb! Damn, NCW is doing some of his best work in this role.

Theon's monologue in the Dreadfort. Well written superbly delivered.

Ramin Djawadi's music for Dany's Dracarys scene. Astoundingly good. The music is what makes that scene. He has to get an Emmy for it, anything less would be a travesty.

Varys' scene with Tyrion - the sorcerer's tale. Such an intimate and powerful scene. So well written, acted, shot, plotted, blocked. It was just perfect.

ETA:

Yes, that was such a wonderful moment. Again, NCW is superb.

I like Jorahs new armor.

The armor from season 1 and 2 was kind of a hodgepodge. but this new blue set is very fetch.

Between Jorah's yellow shirt in Qarth and his new blue armor... Unf. Most stylish man on the show award.

"He would see the kingdom burn if he could be the king of the ashes"

goosebumps!

one of the most powerfull quotes of the whole series!

This quoteeeee, yes. So marvelous.

Great sept of Baelor was awe inspiring. Joffrey's enthusiasm for the crypts for darkly amusing.

Good comedy from QoT and Edd.

Theon's monologue. Alfie Allen is awesome.

Jaime and Brienne saying so much with so little.

Tywin writing more letters. Ominous.

Conleth nailing all his Varys scenes as usual.

Burn Gorman's appearance as the Night's Watch revolt instigator,

the majority of this episode is rather awesome, seeing it the second time is even better.

Alfies performance when he confesses his fault is outstanding. im in awe!

a thing im not sure was mentioned allready was the hounds spit in the middle of the sentence when he speaks of his brother.

"Ned Stark ordered me to execute your brother. in king roberts name!"

"Ned Stark is dead! King Robert is dead! My brother is alive" *spit*

seriously, how can one not root for sandor!? hes the man!

i would also like to link the expression on danys face at 2 occasions but the forum wount let me post or link to a picture uploader?!

Archived