[NO SPOILERS] "Positive nitpicking" - what you loved about this episode.

No spoilers:

- Everything Margaerey (holy shit! she's perfect)

- Queen of Thorns comparing "Growing Strong" to "Winter is Coming" and "We Do Not Sew"

- Varys' story of how he got cut

- Sophie Turner's acting has improved so much since Season 1

- All the backstory on the BwB. I was so worried their intentions were going to be lost in the world of the show. It's good to see how faithful to the books it all was.

- Beric Motherfuckin' Dondarrion!

- The mutiny.

- The Dracarys

- And Theon and Boy.

No spoilers:

- Everything Margaerey (holy shit! she's perfect)

- Queen of Thorns comparing "Growing Strong" to "Winter is Coming" and "We Do Not Sew"

- Varys' story of how he got cut

- Sophie Turner's acting has improved so much since Season 1

- All the backstory on the BwB. I was so worried their intentions were going to be lost in the world of the show. It's good to see how faithful to the books it all was.

- Beric Motherfuckin' Dondarrion!

- The mutiny.

- The Dracarys

- And Theon and Boy.

Pretty much this.

I can't think of one scene in this episode that I didn't like. Even the Varys x Ros scene, while a little useless, was fun.

Also: "And what happens when the non-existent bumps against the decrepit" might just be my favorite line uttered in this show so far.

It's almost hard to nitpick even positively since there were so many great things.

The Hound has never been better.

Beric mixed nobility with still fitting into the BwB.

Tywin has presence like no other.

Olenna and Varys being two master schemers.

Daenerys speaking Valyrian.

Margaery making me wish it was me she was playing for a fool.

Theon thinking back on his deeds and truly realizing what everything was worth.

Jaime and Brienne just keep having perfect chemistry.

Best Bite On The Arse: Micah the Butcher's Boy coming back to haunt The Hound edges out Craster starving the Crows.

Best Scenery: Tie between the long shot of the tree Bran subsequently climbs and falls from, and the ferns outside the BWB's cave.

Best Dress: Sansa's new one.

Most Piquant Delayed Gratification: Varys' Scorcerer In A Box.

Most Useful Crowd Seeding: Margaery organising people to cry out "Bless King Joffrey".

Season's Most Gutting Burn: Tywin dis-Heiring Tyrion still trumps Tywin telling Cercei, "It's not because you're a woman, it's because you are not as intelligent as you think you are."

Best Varys-Littlefinger Verbal Joust: Varys-Olenna.

Best Acting: Sansa's lower lip wobbling at finally getting her Knight-In-Shining-Armour-With-Beautiful-Castle and a woman who WANTS to be her sister.

Only Goosebumps Up The Neck: Unsullied thumping their spears for Daenerys Stormborn.

I loved:

- The Queen of Thrones talking about how shitty a Golden Rose is as a sigil and that the words Growing Strong don't scare anyone. She is so witty!

- The Sept of Baelor. I never pictured the statues of the 7 to be that big! It looked absolutely amazing!

- The References to Rhaenyra Targaryen and Aerion Brightflame. I love how Marg is playing Joffrey.

- Varys and the sorcerer. When the scene started it felt really out of place that he started telling about how he was cut. But once he said 'It's been a long time, my old friend' and 'The revenge you want will be yours in time' it all fell into place. This scene also showed how dangerous Varys really is. I was really surprised about him saying these lines in this context though.

- Dracarys, the look of the city, the unsullied, the dragons, the last shot of the episode. AMAZING! And the Valyrian, wow i was blown away it sounded to realistic and Emilia is a natural! Loved it! can't wait to hear more.

- The Marg and Sansa Scene. Great acting from both ladies! Sansa looked like she was about to cry out of happiness.

- 'My real father lost his head in Kings Landing'

Ramsey's evil look right before we saw Theon was going back to the Bolton flaying cross. Awsome

Obvious aside (dracarys), the conversation between Cersei and Tywin. I absolutely loved it. I'm not very much into Lena Headey's acting but I thought it was pitch perfect, especially when Tywin says "you're not as smart as you think you are" because you could see she was hurt, as it brought back Tyrion's words ('still more clever than you'). On the other hand, Charles Dance is always perfect.

Boy's totally psycho smile when Theon is recaptured. Brilliant.

'My father lost his head in King's Landing' . Heartbreaking, a fantastic addition.

Those last three storylines with Crasters, the Hound telling off the BWB and Dany were amazing! The mutiny at Crasters was well done. Mormont was so powerful right up to the very end. I really believed Sam when he told Gilly that they had to leave NOW! The ending with Dany was just fantastic and visually stunning. And of course, in the BwB scene I loved the dialogue. The Hound was perfection and I am fascinated by the guy who plays Beric. Man, I am so friggin excited about the trial by battle next episode!

THEON: My real father lost his head at King's Landing. I made a choice... and I chose wrong.

All of season 2 my heart was breaking for Theon. Even when he got to Winterfell and turned on everyone there, even the burnt little boys, I was all "no no no there is no love for you, and no respect for you this way, you are now completely alone." That one scene where he was being being (re?)baptised to the Drowned God, and the seawater ran like tears drenching his face, it haunted me then, and it's seemed to follow his every move since. Whenever I see him, I see him drenched in inner tears.

I absolutely LOVED the Sept of Baelor. I love how they imagined the ceiling and the seven-pointed star. I could see a few of the bases of the various statues but would love to see them up close. I believe the two I recall glimpsing were the Maiden and the Warrior

Olenna Tyrell and Varys. Great characters, great dialogue, great acting.

Joffrey's insane delight at the insanity of Targaryens past. Yeah, that would be the parts of history he'd remember.

Margaery calmly and expertly manipulating psycho Joffrey, then turning around and just as expertly manipulating Sansa.

Tywin and Cersei. Every scene with any combination of Tywin/Tyrion/Cersei just shines. And the irony of Tywin seeing clearly how messed up Joffrey is, and blaming it on Cersei, but even though he sees how messed up his kids are that obviously can't be his fault in any way.

Jaime in the mud, and the look on Brienne's face as she tried to come to his rescue.

The Hound refuting every death of a child the Brotherhood tried to blame him for, only to get caught out by Arya.

Theon. Lost, lonely Theon, not at home anywhere, realizing just how deep into a hole he's dug himself.

And now his watch is ended. "He came to us from... Where did he come from?" "Never thought Bannon could smell so good." Fare thee well, Mormont. (Please don't turn into a wight.)

All the Dany stuff. Kraznyz struggling with the dragon, Valyrian, Dracarys, freeing the Unsullied, the little look Barristan and Jorah exchanged...

Can we just say Everything? This was one of the BEST episodes of this series. All of the acting was spot-on from goofy Joffrey to Alfie Allen to Tywin and Emilia Clarke. I'm totally mixing up the actor and character names. The Hound! He steals every scene he is in. Jaime and Brienne. The only thing to dislike is that the Old Bear died and that scene was very well-done, too. The tension that was building up until it spilled over.

I loved all of it, including Sansa's dress - so beautiful.

I think I could listen to Conleth Hill telling stories as Varys all day long.

Also, I don't know if it's just me but Beric Dondarrion totally looks like Buck from Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs

Archived