How would you rate episode 304?  

867 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

Whoever voted 5/10 should stop watching now. It won't get much better that this. Amazing.

Obviously someone, who wants a page by page, word by word adaptation.

I will be in the minority on these boards for saying this, but every book change, I have been behind. The books have many short commings and I'm glad to see many exercised from the series. I will agree Jon Snows storyline isn't as good as it could be, but up to this point in the books, it pretty much crap too.

Edited by TheMountianNick

Best episode of the Season so far, I gave it a 9.

What worked for me:

• Queen of Thorns and Varys - Conleth Hill and Diana Rigg --two exquisite actors doing their thing. Loved, loved this scene. Some of Lady Olenna's dialogue seems like a direct shout-out to the readers (especially the part where she rips on the house motto of the Tyrells), and that just makes a good thing outstanding.
  • Hound vs. BWB - Rory McCann was simply awesome in this scene. My usual sympathies are with the BWB, but The Hound was so convincing that it had me wavering in my allegiance....
  • Dany vs. the Slavers - Emilia Clarke's performance isn't usually at the top of my list considering the depth of this cast, but she really brought it in this episode -- she provided a truly epic moment, so some well deserved kudos to her.
  • Brienne and Jaime - I am loving the interaction between these two, it seems to get better each week.
  • Tywin and Cersei - Now there's the dickish Tywin that we all know so well! Charles Dance delivers as usual, and Lena Headey succeeded in making Cersei sound both rational and sympathetic this episode, which is no small feat.

What didn't work for me:

• Varys captures the "sorcerer" - What, what, what are they going for here? As much as I adore Conleth Hill, and normally dig any excuse to see him on the screen, I didn't really see the point here, other than possibly pointing out how truly dangerous Varys is, which anyone paying attention should already know.
  • Joff and Margaery - While I haven't always dug Natalie Dormer's performance as Margaery, I think that she's been killing it this year, but Joff has suddenly gone from dangerous psycho with a slightly goofy vibe to a giddy, lovestruck schoolboy. Not that I'm faulting Jack Gleason's overall performance, I just think that someone in production is overselling the influence that Margaery has on Joff to an almost ridiculous extreme. We get it already, okay?

Still a very effective episode overall, where even the parts that didn't totally work for me were still much stronger than previous episode weak points were to me so far this year.

I'm still in awe. That was so badass. What's really amazing is the quality of the acting. Jorah looking proud when Dany freed the unsullied was awesome.

A fuckin' dragon is no slave!

Ian Glen has been amazing. One of the most underrated actors on the show. He really conveys so much without even talking or with the cadence and tone in his voice alone.

Seriously. She became Daenerys Stormborn in so many ways this episode. Her accent and tone were PERFECT. Valyrian sounds amazing. They did such a good job. I rewound her reveal 5 times and still got goosebumps each time...

I agree. I had goosebumps when that scene started. They did a good job, from Dany speaking in Valyrian but the head Slaver not noticing because he was busy with the dragon. She was excellent and her character is really developing into a legitimate force!

I also really liked the Jaime scenes. They had his rotting hand around his neck and made him drink horse piss, just like in the book. I expect the non-book reading viewers will start to have pity on his character now, too.

Great episode, the best of the season for sure!

Ever since I read the scene with Dany taking Astapor I've been waiting to see it. I was not disappointed.

Same. It is my favorite scene in all the books and they nailed it.

Everything else tonight was great too. Favorite part aside from the final scene was the look of mad twisted joy on Iwan Rheon's face when he pulls the bait-and-switch on Theon. That look told me he'll be perfect for his role.

Oh, and I gave it a 10/10. Duh. :P

Edited by Ferrum Aeternum

Jon Stargaryen: I wasn't too impressed with this episode but I've definitely enjoyed other episodes in the series. So to respond to your comment, I will continue watching the series expecting it to get better. The Dany scene was done well but the rest of the episode wasn't, in my opinion. The NW's scene was disappointing and the Pod joke is distracting.

Jon Stargaryen: I wasn't too impressed with this episode but I've definitely enjoyed other episodes in the series. So to respond to your comment, I will continue watching the series expecting it to get better. The Dany scene was done well but the rest of the episode wasn't, in my opinion. The NW's scene was disappointing and the Pod joke is distracting.

Well, everyone's entitled to their own opinion. Blackwater had a small ammount of haters as well, and it was a masterpiece of television. As D&D said, you can't appeal to everyone. And neither should you.

Edited by Jon Stargaryen

Dany's scenes were awesome, as was Beric/Clegane! Also so pleased to see Jaime/Brienne developing their relationship.

No Cat (save for Bran's dream) or Robb, and no Shae or Jeyne Wester--- Talisa (??), was also quite nice.

Fantastic episode!