How would you rate episode 304?  

867 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

This episode was good, but I really don't get the love that's been showered on it. It was no Baelor or Blackwater. I really wish I could enjoy this as much as everyone seems to be, but I just don't understand what's so extraordinarily good about it.

I actually agree with you. I like it fine, but am far from being as impressed people here seem to be :dunno: It was the best episode so far though. I give it an 8.

This episode was good, but I really don't get the love that's been showered on it. It was no Baelor or Blackwater. I really wish I could enjoy this as much as everyone seems to be, but I just don't understand what's so extraordinarily good about it.

I totally agree

I gave it an 8. I probably should have given it a 7.

-1 for the stupid Bran scenes. This is starting to get a little ridiculous with him running through the woods chasing the 3ec. Then flashbacking to Jojen. Its just pointless.

-1 for the ever greater possibility that we will not get to see Sam the Slayer. (I would have given a 10 if they showed Sam the Slayer!!)

-1 for dragging on with the scene between Joff and Marg. Its just dumb. It didnt add anything. No charcter development at all. No story advancement.

But overall it was a pretty damned good episode.

I totally agree

I agree here too. I think its just the dragons at the end. It was pretty powerful way to finish and, alas, thats what ppl remember most.

Earns a 9 from me. I'd give it a 9.5 if I could. It was not a perfect 10, but I will say that it was probably my favorite episode thus far.

I was also surprised to hear my wife say that she liked this one. She's not too into the show, so that's saying something. If non-regular watchers watched this one they might be hooked now. I think the episode was very well done.

There were differences, of course, but for the most part I enjoyed them and it was good television.

EDIT: Now that I see people asking why some of us think it's so good, I'll answer that with the word "momentum". It had great dialogue, story movement, and you got to see most of the characters, but more than any of that the momentum of the episode was perfect.

Edited by Steve Stark

The last 20 minutes of the episode were amazing. The rest was pretty good. I normally would give it a 9, but the end was so amazing, it would be criminal to give it anything but a ten.

Well, I guess I'm criminal. Don't get me wrong, I want to give it a 10, but that means that this is as good as it gets. One of the best of the shows if not the best. The ending was epic. So I give it a 9.25. I still want them to get better.

This episode had the most consistent acting from everyone, even Samwell, Sansa and Ros which had some weak outing of resent. Thank the gods, hee hee, Shae was not involved. It would have brought it down to 8.

The only two cons I really saw was

1. The segway to Vary's cutting story. It didn't flow into it well, but it was acted well nonetheless.
  2. Sansa and Loras was expected, even though it is not in the book. He reaction was well done. A little forced, but not enough for me to say in my head, "hey, she is just acting."

Great job.

I gave it a nine. The Bran scene really didn't need to be here... or, at least, it should have had more meat to it. Not much to complain about, other than the Varys/Ros scene being a little dull, but serviceable for progression of that particular storyline. Starting with the Vayrs/Olenna scene, the episode sustained a brilliance unmatched by any of the other three episodes this season.

Edited by pntrlqst

10/10. The first episode this season I really enjoyed. Sorry to see the Lord Commander go, but knew that would happen. It was fun to watch Varys and Tywin, this episode. Dany's scene stole the show. That was fantastic. I must admit I will miss Kraznys. I've known people like him and he nailed it.

The only thing that annoys me is that they didn't release a soundtrack album, this season, which assuredly would have had the end credits music. I hate the thought of having to download it from you tube when some thief uploads it.

A very strong 9.

Jaime/Brienne continue to provide the best character interactions on the show.

Theon's arc is a wonderful insight/deviation. I don't care if people deem it "unnecessary", I would rather have brilliant inessentials than following the book to a word. Sue me, I love it.

RIP Old Big Bear, he loves the honey. Well shot, intense, violent scene at Crasters. My show-only friends stopped what they were doing once Craster stood up, and just stared...leading us into...

Dany and Dracarys was phenomenal. I don't like her character, but tonight Emilia Clarke impressed the hell out of me with her deliverance of the Valyrian speech. The whole scene was great, especially Jorah's reaction.

Great, great episode that is one of the best of the series so far.

RIP Old Big Bear, he loves the honey. Well shot, intense, violent scene at Crasters. My show-only friends stopped what they were doing once Craster stood up, and just stared...leading us into...

I wonder how many people realised that Jorah's father had just been killed up North beyond the Wall.

I gave it an 8. A very strong 8 at that. I agree with other posters that while it was the best episode thus far, it wasn't up there with some of the other great episodes this show has had. I especially enjoyed watching it with unsullied. I loved their reactions from the death of the LC to Dany's Dracarys scene (been waiting for that for a looooong time). The rest of the season should see more 8, 9, and possibly one giant 10 from me.

4 Words.....

"I LOVE RAMSEY SNOW!!!"

He is what made ASOS my favorite book; and Now my favorite. thought they was gon have the "mystery dark haired savior"(Ramsey Snow unbeknownst to Theon.) sub for Kiera I WAS SO RIGHT!!! .BEST SCENE EVER!!!!

.REEK I have been waiting for you!!!

Ps. I LOVE HOW THEY GAVE LYANNA HER "PROMISE ME" LINE TO CAT!!!