How would you rate episode 304?  

867 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

Best episode... I think ever

Really? Come on. Dracarys was good... but not as gory or epic as I would have liked. I'd rather they stretch out the seasons and show more of what is actually going on than cut back and forth so much. At least this was the first episode without any Catelyn monolouges that are completely made for TV.

Best one this season, liked Blackwater better though so I gave it an 8.

*Queen of Thorns is so great!

I cared very little for her in the books but the actress really makes her come alive, her and Varys' scene was incredible to watch.

*When Ramsay dropped his pious mask to show his true face I thought "finally, Here´s Ramsay!"

.*I really liked the BwB part, especially Beric vs Sandor.

*Crasters Keep was... OK I guess, it did what it was supposed to do...

*Jaime and Brienne... Good conversation between them, but I'm really not feeling the re-imagined Mummers, they seem pretty dull compared to the excellence that the original had to me, I'm not asking them to tame Zebras for them to ride but they could have at least got some of the dothraki costumes put on one or two of them to make them a little more exotic...

*Epic ending, but am I the only one who feels Astapor seems kinda empty and heavy on the CGI? It's like they killed five guys and then everybody was free, why wouldn't the slaves rebel if it was just as easy as 123?

(gonna watch it again today but those are my initial feelings about this episode)

The scale. When something is 10 out of 10 it means it's perfect. If it's 5 out of 10 is average. If it's 1 out of 10 it's garbage. That's how it works.

Not necessarily. 5/10 could imply half as good as perfect (and frequently does) which would be far less than the modern interpretation of "average" or it's actual meaning if we work on the basis of hypothetical levels of quality rather than actually rating every single work of fiction/art against each other and then working out what average quality is which is an impractical idea at best. Or one could use a logarithmic scale where 10 is 100000 as good as 5. What you describe is NOT the only or even the most popular or correct interpretation of a 0-10 scale

10/10

I can't think of anything I didn't like in this episode.

Someone said too bad it's all downhill from here for Dany. I agree to an extent. I think at least in the books she has a few more good moments before she gets bogged down with a war she don't need and can't win. I only hope the end of A dance with dragons is not the end for her as well.

Top 5 of all the episodes...9.5/10. Amazing to be that good without any Tyrion-Bronn dialogue. Those two could spin off a sitcom.

One thing that has been a little overshadowed is Margaery's character, which is coming along very nicely. Natalie Dormer was perfect casting. I've loved her since The Tudors. Easy to get overshadowed with Varys/Queen of Thorns, Tywin/Cersei, and of course the Astapor scene, which was perfect and true to GRRM's version.

Not necessarily. 5/10 could imply half as good as perfect (and frequently does) which would be far less than the modern interpretation of "average" or it's actual meaning if we work on the basis of hypothetical levels of quality rather than actually rating every single work of fiction/art against each other and then working out what average quality is which is an impractical idea at best. Or one could use a logarithmic scale where 10 is 100000 as good as 5. What you describe is NOT the only or even the most popular or correct interpretation of a 0-10 scale

You're thinking way too hard about this. A scale from 1-10 is just that. Pretty sure when someone throws something up to rate on a scale of 1-10 they aren't looking to trick anyone.

Sansa has no motivation to be queen anymore. She just wants to be happy.

Margaery spoke about her cousin and Sansa quipped about how the cousin will have to feign happiness and interest at Marg's wedding. It was somewhat awkward seeing as how Sansa will probably share those sentiments. At one point, being a queen was all she longed for.

I also agree that most are way too lenient on their ratings. A "10" is a perfect episode. Absolutely perfect. Nothing can be critiqued. A "5" is not a bad rating. That is average. As the season progresses the viewers get blinded by their lust for more and give out ridiculous ratings.

That seems illogical. Given how extremely rare perfection is (I don't know if any film or TV series episode in history is without the tiniest flaw) it doesn't make sense to dedicate a grade just for that on such a rough scale as that. The sensible way to create a scale is to have all grades useable, not to set aside a tenth of the scale to something virtually unattainable.

Holy Shit!

I could write a 1000 word review of this episode, but 'Holy Shit!' pretty well sums it up. The death of Jeor Mormont, the death of Craster, the sacking of Astapor, the final unmasking of 'Boy' as Ramsey Snow, Varys's incredible revenge, Margaery Tyrell playing Joffrey like a fucking harp, the sacking of Astapor (mentioned this twice 'cos it was just that awesome!) Charles Dance being a boss, Beric-fucking-Dondarrion!

Ten out of ten. Easiest. Rating. Ever.

Holy Shit!

Gave it a 9. (That's 7.5/7 8.5/8 9/9 and 9/9 so far from me). Although, I've only seen it once and it was in a sadly talkative environment. So this could end up becoming a 10 once I have a chance to re-watch it...

Dracarys is right up there with Baelor as one of the best scenes in the show. Just brilliant.

the final unmasking of 'Boy' as Ramsey Snow

Easily one of my favorite "Evil Bastards!" in all of literature (because man is he horrible) so I was severely disppointed last season, thinking he got cut entirely. So when I heard he was being cast I jumped for joy...and although his storyline would appear drastically changed, I absolutely loved the reveal last night. That look on his face was priceless!