Why do the writers feel the need to embellish Ros so much? Not only did she have to continue that Pod joke that was chuckle-worthy at best the first time round, but they also imply she's smarter than Varys. She sees that Littlefinger booked two beds and Varys, the MASTER OF WHISPERS, whose job it is to see the things that others don't, can't, without her to point it out to him? It's a bit much. Every scene she has I come to loathe her a little more

accurate

Why do the writers feel the need to embellish Ros so much? Not only did she have to continue that Pod joke that was chuckle-worthy at best the first time round, but they also imply she's smarter than Varys. She sees that Littlefinger booked two beds and Varys, the MASTER OF WHISPERS, whose job it is to see the things that others don't, can't, without her to point it out to him? It's a bit much. Every scene she has I come to loathe her a little more

Srsly. No one is better at this shit than Varys. Ugh, enough with Ros. Are we going to find out she's been a spy all along, or she's some noble's daughter in hiding? Whores don't know how to read!

Okay list of observations and differences -

1) I don't remember Varys saying he would fight the Red Priestess specifically just magic.

2) Also, I am very curious as to what the storyline will be (if any) with his revenge on the sorcerer. One of my personal theories was that when the books revealed more about Varys we'd have more of an answer to his motivations so the show may have just kissed that bye bye...

3) lol at the QoT foreshadowing the PW with her "sons yearning for the grave" line - Cersei's face was hilarious

4) I wish I knew where they were going letting it leak that Bran and Rickon might be alive. Theon telling the Bastard about the miller's sons? Ugh. This is one change I haven't approved of since Robb heard the news. But I'll wait and see what is gonna come of it.

5) I wanted to cry when Theon said "My real father lost his head at King's Landing." GRRM does a good job of making you pity Theon but that line did more than anything in the books.

6) Brienne saying "You sound like a bloody woman!" hilar

7) Tywin telling Cersei "I wish YOU knew how to manipulate him."

8) The QoT flirting with Varys. "Are you here to seduce me?" "What happens when the nonexistent bumps against the decrepit?" Favorite line of the series so far.

9) Margaery and the pigface and porridge plague stories. Sansa's reaction was perfect - about time she showed something this season.

10) Do not approve of her being changed to marry Loras instead of Willas even though many predicted that was where this was going. Part of her disillusionment is realizing she can't have that perfect knight.

11) I knew it was coming but Lord Mormont dying still really got to me =(

12) What did they do to Beric? He's supposed to be like 22, not grey haired and balding.

13) And The Hound demanding trial by combat was his way of one-upping the BWB. Doesn't make a huge difference that he was "sentenced" to it instead but eh. Not a change I like.

But all in all... I thought this was the best episode of the season so far.

i love her.

1) I don't remember Varys saying he would fight the Red Priestess specifically just magic.

2) Also, I am very curious as to what the storyline will be (if any) with his revenge on the sorcerer. One of my personal theories was that when the books revealed more about Varys we'd have more of an answer to his motivations so the show may have just kissed that bye bye...

3) lol at the QoT foreshadowing the PW with her "sons yearning for the grave" line - Cersei's face was hilarious

4) I wish I knew where they were going letting it leak that Bran and Rickon might be alive. Theon telling the Bastard about the miller's sons? Ugh. This is one change I haven't approved of since Robb heard the news. But I'll wait and see what is gonna come of it.

5) I wanted to cry when Theon said "My real father lost his head at King's Landing." GRRM does a good job of making you pity Theon but that line did more than anything in the books.

8) The QoT flirting with Varys. "Are you here to seduce me?" "What happens when the nonexistent bumps against the decrepit?" Favorite line of the series so far.

9) Margaery and the pigface and porridge plague stories. Sansa's reaction was perfect - about time she showed something this season.

10) Do not approve of her being changed to marry Loras instead of Willas even though many predicted that was where this was going. Part of her disillusionment is realizing she can't have that perfect knight.

12) What did they do to Beric? He's supposed to be like 22, not grey haired and balding.

13) And The Hound demanding trial by combat was his way of one-upping the BWB. Doesn't make a huge difference that he was "sentenced" to it instead but eh. Not a change I like.

1. I agree about the nonexistent line....lol

2. Considering Beric's been killed and resurrected like 6 or 7 times I doubt he would look like much a looker anymore.

I wonder what to make of Varys's scene with Tyrion. He says he hates magic, but in the books, isn't he always doing magic to disguise himself? I can't help but to read into the obvious foreshadowing DD are doing for books 6 and 7. I wish they wouldn't, I don't want them spoiled :(

But it make me think about the whole mummer's dragon situation.. and the fact that magic has come back since dragons have returned.. ok, I'm sidetracking here.

GREAT episode. Dany was as hot as dracarys! Not one thing I would have changed about that scene. Just amazing. How there's information on learning dothraki, I hope they put some out there on Valyrian! I can't wait for Daario!

one poster mentioned that they wished they would have included LC's last wish of having his son join the NW and I agree. I wonder if the viewers even know that Jorah is Jeor's son. My bf surely did not!

I was kind of waiting for Tywin to tell Cersei that she is to remarry. It would have been the perfect time to include that then. Charles Dance is just an aboluste gem on the show, some of the finest acting I've ever seen.

Why are we still talking about Pod's Package? It makes me think that there's something more to it, the way they keep beating this dead horse. We get it!

Feeling sorry for Theon! Is it just gonna be him being tortured for the next few seasons until he goes to treat with Moat Cailin? I hope they find something else for him. I don't usually like it when they make up material but they totally can in this case!

That ONE Bran scene was random and short. I didn't think much of Lady Stoneheart in that scene until I came here and everyone said that's what they were thinking.

Oh, Dany <3

Yeah. It's not like Varys could be feigning ignorance to see if she really could read or was just handing him what she heard was the ship's cargo. Or feigning ignorance to see if she was capable. Or feigning just for shits and giggles.

I mean, I understand disliking a character, but damn...

Theon's confession about Ned being his true father moved me. We can kinda get it from him in aDwD, especiallly down the crypts, but listening to him actually speaking that... That was powerful.

And I gotta love Olenna parroting fan's opinions of the Tyrells' motto... Unless that scene was in the book and I can't recall it...

EDIT: Oh, and also... "I don't mistrust you because you're a woman... I mistrust you for thinking you're much smarter than you actually are" (Or something like this). Best line so far. Almost a "Take That". Yes, Tywin. You're a bastard, but sometimes, you tell it exactly as it is.

Edited by Ser_Patreck

Well I do think it is obviously deliberate as the words are chosen for her. It was weird to hear her say, but I think it's supposed to be, as you said, some kind of internalized hatred.

Well, it is deliberate, I just don't know if she believes them like Cersei or she thinks they'll get through to Jaime. The former seems more realistic but I'm torn.

When is Sam the Slayer going to happen? It has to be in front of the NW, or it doesn't have the same impact. This is really frustrating me.

To be honest I didn't even remember that he killed an Other in front of the NW. But probably Grenn / Ed will witness the slayer in action.

#4 isn't really a change. In ADWD Roose and Ramsay have an agruement where part of it is about the Stark boys. Roose basically says "what if they happen to show up". The knowledge is there so the fact they put that in Theon/Ramsey story shouldn't change much.

#12 Beric looks terrible because he has been brought back to life several times at this point. The wounds don't heal, he just comes back to life. In the book he was described as being pretty much mangled.

My only problem with the episode is the continue character assassination of Littlefinger. Now Varys, Ros, Shae AND the QoT will now where Sansa is after the PW.

Not really. Littlefinger is leaving NOW, and Sansa will still be there for a long time after he is gone. They will think it was for someone else.