I love how LF threatened the shit out of Ros for being a "bad whore" and now he's just "too distracted" to care about four whores not charging a virgin because he is OMGANAMAZINGLOVER. yes, I'm sure there have been a lot of whores in history, not one, not two...but 4 that agree together to turn down a client's money.

okay i see your point. but tywin's death at tyrions hand is definitely season finale material so i cant see his trial go on for a whole season

I don't think it's quite season finale material. My money would be on the battle at the Wall. Even if it is, tough, I can quite see his trial going for a whole season. I mean, one hour is barely enough to move all plotlines simultaneously. Actually, scrap the barely - it just isn't. What did we see of Jon and Robb today? Naught. On S04, Dorne and the Iron Islands come in (Hopefully). I dunno, I see things moving in a considerably slower pace.

I know someone suggested earlier that Varys was talking to Olenna about planning the PW, and I don't think that's the case. But what I do wonder is why sow the seed of not trusting Littlefinger knowing that Olenna (at least in the books) works with him later on.

yes, i was being sarcastic with rage. i think the idea of LF killing her is a good one.

Thank the Gods, I thought I was dealing with an insane person here. Nice avatar by the way, I love Chrono Trigger

:lol: I'll never understand the amount of sheer rage that unremarkable Ros generates. Is it just because she's not in the books or what?

For me it's because she's a Mary Sue of sorts, the whore who comes from nothing, accomplishes everything she could ever want, do things she could never possible do in a realistic world (like reading), thus reducing the beleivability of the realistic world George created, reduces the image of other characters, like Littlefinger and Varys by always having some clever insight into their character (knowing that LF can't be trusted) or knowing something they don't (seeing that LF booked 2 beds when Varys didn't), and all this from a character who shouldn't be taking up screen time that could be used to get more plot from the books that is cut to save time, simply because D&D want to place their stamp on the universe regardless of what fans think. That is why I hate Ros so much.

Me neither. I'd argue that just book reader zealotry about a new character that wasn't in the original series (See also: Talisa), but there seems to be something else going on.

See the above. And to be fair I like Talisa. I would have liked to see Jeyne Westerling, but Talisa is fine as well since she is at least based on something from the books, has a reason to be around Robb and fall in love with him being a nurse on the battlefields and actually serves a useful part in the plot without diminishing other characters.

Edited by Blair Dale

I may be completely off here, but did Tywin just imply to Ceresi he may have a part in the purple wedding? He said something along the lines of how he will control Joff, and then it cuts to a scene with the QoT who obviously plays a huge part in it...

Perhaps this would also be a way for him to pin this on his son and get Tyrion out of the picture as well?

I may be completely off here, but did Tywin just imply to Ceresi he may have a part in the purple wedding? He said something along the lines of how he will control Joff, and then it cuts to a scene with the QoT who obviously plays a huge part in it...

Perhaps this would also be a way for him to pin this on his son and get Tyrion out of the picture as well?

He does not need a premise to get Tyrion out of the picture.

I think people are reading too much into it. It was simply Cersei saying "He's uncontrollable, see for yourself" and Tywin answering "Oh, I do intend to".

I think people are reading too much into it. It was simply Cersei saying "He's uncontrollable, see for yourself" and Tywin answering "Oh, I do intend to".

I kind of took it as Tywin will be stepping in to curb Joff in the show as Tyrion did to some extent in the books. Correct me if I'm wrong but the only thing I remember Tyrion doing is slapping him at Winterfell.

I thought Brienne’s comment was a deliberate reference to their previous conversation. Jaime said something about “thank the Gods I’m not a woman” and she called his behavior cowardly and womanly in an attempt to goad him into survival. I don’t think Brienne’s words here should be taken as her opinions on womanhood; she’s obviously saying what she thinks Jaime needs to hear.

I wonder if Varys sorcerer is somehow going to be related to Qyburn’s plotline? I like that they’re keeping the Varys / LF rivalry alive. Seemed like Olenna got the best of Varys, think that’s the first time somebody has flummoed him. They’re changing around motivations and simplifying plots here, but keeping the snakes nest aspect to Kings Landing, which seems important to me.

I was sure that Pod’s “prowess” was an arrangement between Tyrion and the whores, but I guess not? Weird.

In the book, Tywin was contemplating giving Joffrey a sharp lesson at about this time, which Tyrion interpreted as something on the level of Tysha’s gang rape. I think TV Tywin’s comment was intended in that light, though I imagine they don’t want it to be immediately obvious who is behind PW. That actually might be interesting – in the book we immediately know from Tyrion’s POV that he’s innocent, but that might be unclear in TV. Could be interesting if we think Tyrion did actually do it for a bit.

Ros had time to study the manifesto; Varys glanced at it for 5 seconds. Don’t hate on Ros! She’ll probably be dead in some gruesome way soon anyway.

Me neither. I'd argue that just book reader zealotry about a new character that wasn't in the original series (See also: Talisa), but there seems to be something else going on.

When I actually saw people giving reasons for hating Roz they were just book reader zealotry. That she was taking up too much time from real characters and stuff like that. I don't think it has exactly changed, but people have stopped even bothering to supply reasons because "UGH, it's Roz"

So we can now confirm that Marwyn was not the one who "unmanned" Varys, provided D&D weren't deviating from the script there.

(sounds stupid but it's been bandied around on general)

I had to look up who Marwyn was. And even after I read the wiki I still only dimly recall this character.

Um, no. Ros is awful and a plot device for flat-out lazy writing. She is completely unrealistic for a woman of "those times" and her whole double-agent role is ludicrous. Her "moving up in the world" as Littlefinger's Hand of the Pimp makes no sense.

Um, no. Ros is awful and a plot device for flat-out lazy writing. She is completely unrealistic for a woman of "those times" and her whole double-agent role is ludicrous. Her "moving up in the world" as Littlefinger's Hand of the Pimp makes no sense.

rofl :rofl: