I, once again, really liked the little things. Like the "Promise Me" Stark dream; albeit different characters and absolutely dif context, it is SUCH a nod to the whole Lyanna backstory through Bran theory.

Sansa praying outside in nature as opposed to the sept almost makes up for Robb's vows to the Seven during the wedding last season. Almost.

Varys: Proof? Will there be a trial? *snickers*. So so many trials...

Random notes

-everything Tywin

-Theon: talking about his inner conflict/troubles, poor poor Theon

-The Hound/Beric: the entire scene was brilliant, can't even pick out one bit worth mentioning

-Jaime: whether it was the opening blank stare scene, the conversation with Brienne, or him trying to fight with his left hand, perfect delivery

-Cat

Edited by Kasrith

This is the second episode where Brienne has made a comment about women being weak. The first could be seen as striking at Jaime's pride. Here? Internalized Misogyny? Deliberate? Unfortunate? I'm honestly not sure how I feel about it.

I don't think it's misogyny at all. Brienne, like Cersei, hates the role that the world has forced on women, but unlike Cersei, has refused that role full stop. Cersei has embraced it and tried to use it to her advantage. "A women's greatest weapon is between her legs. Learn how to use it."

I can't get over Theon. "My real father lost his head in King's Landing." HFS that was awesome.

Yes, Tywin is writing letters. No, we haven't seen the Frey's yet, since they haven't received those letters. Yet.

Edited by Moët

Actually he was, remember he replaced Barristan in the 1st season and covered up Sansa with his white cloak in the 2nd when Joff was having her stripped and beaten.

The Hound was a member of the KG in the books, but not in the show. In season 1 Joffrey dismissed Barristan from the KG, but never said that Sandor would take his place. In season 2 Sandor gives his cloak to Sansa, but even though it was white, it was just his cloak, not a KG cloak because if you pay attention, through out the whole season 2 he never wears the KG armor.

Pretty sure Sandor was made KG, but even if he wasn't, it does not matter, as they are clearly not making a big deal about the kingsguard rules on the show.

It's just like how the Kettlebacks were removed from the show. Who knows if Balon Swann ever gets used. I think many KG characters will be replaced or plotlines that require them changed.

The Hound was a member of the KG in the books, but not in the show. In season 1 Joffrey dismissed Barristan from the KG, but never said that Sandor would take his place. In season 2 Sandor gives his cloak to Sansa, but even though it was white, it was just his cloak, not a KG cloak because if you pay attention, through out the whole season 2 he never wears the KG armor.

Wrong. In the Blackwater episode Tyrion directly told the Hound "you're kingsguard Clegane" when he was trying to coax him to engaged in another sortie. So it IS pretty clear that the Hound was indeed a member of Joffrey's KG

Edited by Winterfellian

Um, no. Ros is awful and a plot device for flat-out lazy writing. She is completely unrealistic for a woman of "those times" and her whole double-agent role is ludicrous. Her "moving up in the world" as Littlefinger's Hand of the Pimp makes no sense.

Her character is way more realistic than Brienne or Arya. Where's the hate for them?

And who cares if she wasn't in the books? There were a lot of whores in the books that aren't in the show, like Chataya, Alayaya, etc. She serves a purpose.

Pretty sure Sandor was made KG, but even if he wasn't, it does not matter, as they are clearly not making a big deal about the kingsguard rules on the show.

It's just like how the Kettlebacks were removed from the show. Who knows if Balon Swann ever gets used. I think many KG characters will be replaced or plotlines that require them changed.

Yeah and I don't get why not. Their celibacy and inability to inherit drives quite a few important plot lines, especially with respect to the Lannisters and Casterly Rock. Same with the fact that a queen has to be defended by a KG in a trial by combat - that moment when Jaime burns Cersei's letter is a huge turning point. Not to mention the whole "for life" thing - which is why Selmy's dismissal is supposed to be so shocking and the whole Robert the Strong storyline.

Dany was amazing. It's all downhill from here for her, but that was awesome.

Funny that the Hound hasn't mentioned Sansa yet. It seemed like the bit with Sansa confirming that Mycah had attacked Joffrey would be mentioned by the Hound, as he did in the books. Seems odd.

Looks like the Tyrion/Sansa engagement will come up in 3x05 (Tywin mentioning a "plot" where they need to act first sounds like what Tywin said in the books where he broached the issue, and there was a quick cut to Sansa in the promo after this in case we were in any doubt on the subject), but the wedding isn't until 3x08. Seems like a big lag for wedding planning, especially since the synopses for 3x06-3x07 allude to wedding-related stuff. I seem to recall the Tywin/Tyrion/Cersei conversation and the wedding proper being really close together in the books. Is Sansa going to be flitting around blissfully unaware for the next three episodes? Or will she have some warning?

So, who leaks the news of the Loras/Sansa match? Tyrion, on information from Shae? We know from 3x04 that Littlefinger hasn't left KL yet, so it could be him, I suppose. It looks as if we'll know by the end of next week, from the looks of it.

Interior of the Sept was gorgeous (and the exterior wasn't too shabby, either). The Tyrion/Sansa wedding will be a nightmare, but at least the venue will be beautiful.

Edited by Newstar

Her character is way more realistic than Brienne or Arya. Where's the hate for them?

Am curious In what way do you find her more "realistic"? She's a prostitute that can read and write (that should start cluing you in about the realism aspect. How many smallfolk in a medieval setting actually had this skill?) and now she's ascended to hand of the pimp, to borrow another poster description of her job. How many powerful men go about the city with a prostitute as executive assistant in Westeros?

Thought that was a given.

ep 9 - Red Wedding

ep 10 - Purple wedding.

Season closes with Tyrion being accused and restrained.

How would this be possible? Oberyn Martell has not even been mentioned by name yet, and he and Tyrion have already befriended each other by the time of the Purple Wedding. How will Oberyn volunteer to be Tyrion's champion when he has not even arrived at King's Landing?

Am curious In what way do you find her more "realistic"? She's a prostitute that can read and write (that should start cluing you in about the realism aspect. How many smallfolk in a medieval setting actually had this skill?) and now she's ascended to hand of the pimp, to borrow another poster description of her job. How many powerful men go about the city with a prostitute as executive assistant in Westeros?

I am bothered more by the fact that LF keeps her out in the open like that. So she has skills - still, bookLF would have been more circumspect about it.

HOWEVER - look where he comes from. Hard not to see a reflection between her rise in station and his own.

And who cares if she wasn't in the books? There were a lot of whores in the books that aren't in the show, like Chataya, Alayaya, etc. She serves a purpose.

Arya and Brienne are quite realistic. Have you never known any Tomboys in your life?

Exactly they cycle through whores in the books, because no one whore is able to gain any prominence in Westeros due to the profession being looked down upon. Anyone who uses whores does not respect them, or casts them aside when they are no longer wanted. It shows the lack of empathy the characters have for women who have lived hard lives, rather than showing how anyone can make a name for themselves in Westeros as long as they're willing to get naked.

Yeah and I don't get why not. Their celibacy and inability to inherit drives quite a few important plot lines, especially with respect to the Lannisters and Casterly Rock. Same with the fact that a queen has to be defended by a KG in a trial by combat - that moment when Jaime burns Cersei's letter is a huge turning point. Not to mention the whole "for life" thing - which is why Selmy's dismissal is supposed to be so shocking and the whole Robert the Strong storyline.

It was important for Jaime but do you really think non-book readers would draw the same conclusion as book readers when it comes to Selmy? And we don't even know if they will use the Robert the Strong thing.