Few obsevations

I love the fact that the rack that Theon is tied to matches the Bolton Sigil, for an observant viewer that should be a great clue.

Tywin Cersei-Tywin lecturing Cersei on her responsibilities for Joffrey's behavior without acknowledging how he screwed up raising his own kids

I am not a big fan of the Theon arc this season, though it is decent, why would theon believe they were near Deepwood Motte, where did he think he just escaped from? didnt he get a view of the castle he just escaped from? Yes small detail and not a real issue, a nitpick if you will.

Dracirys was awesome. Dany was outstanding in this episode, truly regal and I loved how they just had Jorah and Selmy watching her in awe.

He's KG in both. During the Blackwater episode, Tyrion specifically says, "You're King's Guard, Clegane." That's when The Hound says, "Fuck the King's Guard, fuck the city, and FUCK THE KING."

Edit: :ninja: I am so behind in this thread. :huh:

lol Yes, many people have already pointed that out. But thanks for clarifying anyways ;) I had forgotten that moment. I already said that I was wrong. You're right, it was stablished that he was a member of the KG, but I think it wasn't pretty clearly explained or stablished. But well, at least they did stablish it.

Of course Ros can read. She's helping LF run his business. And just as a matter of history, Courtezans/Geisha not only read, were well educated, and played music, they were very well versed in politics.

Whores know more than you think they do, they have to be able to count their money.

I know about Courtezans/Geisha, but Ros is not one. She is a whore, or well now she is running the business? I don't know exactly how to say it.

You don't need to know how to read to know how to count. Just because someone doesn't know how to read, doesn't mean he/she is stupid. I had to teach adults to write and read for a school project. These people had jobs and knew how to count their money perfectly fine. They were very clever, and had experienced many things in life that I have never expirienced, and knew things that I didn't know and some that I haven't learned, yet. They just never had the opportunity or resources to learn how to read and write.

Few obsevations

I love the fact that the rack that Theon is tied to matches the Bolton Sigil, for an observant viewer that should be a great clue.

Tywin Cersei-Tywin lecturing Cersei on her responsibilities for Joffrey's behavior without acknowledging how he screwed up raising his own kids

I am not a big fan of the Theon arc this season, though it is decent, why would theon believe they were near Deepwood Motte, where did he think he just escaped from? didnt he get a view of the castle he just escaped from? Yes small detail and not a real issue, a nitpick if you will.

Dracirys was awesome. Dany was outstanding in this episode, truly regal and I loved how they just had Jorah and Selmy watching her in awe.

I know. My non-book reader friend told me that they where going to the same castle. He said " They are going back to te same place. How can Theon not recognize it? Well, I think he knew he was going to the same place, didn't he?" I started laughing so hard.

ALso for the 1st time I noticed that they have a small Twins set on the opening montage. It doesnt rise up but it is there.

Ah, so I wasn't the only one who noticed it :>

Edited by Winterz

Loved Dany's white horse! A shout out to Drogo' gift!

Also noticed on 2nd viewing in the very last shot they showed Dany's not Unsullied friends, riding horses behind her, I thought they may have missed the rest of her Khalasar!

Edited by SerMixalot

A bit uneven until the last few scenes.

It made no sense that Mormont would set up camp at Craster's Keep. In the books, it was just to put a roof over their head until morning. Their goal was to get to the Wall as fast as possible. Why would he set up camp?

Hopefully non-book readers will be too thunderstruck by the coolness of the Night's Watch killing one another to notice the illogicality of setting up camp at Craster's Keep.

I'm here to sing the praises of the Jaime/Brienne scenes. They were glorious. The highlight of a stellar episode. Great chemistry between those 2, and NCW does a truly broken Jaime justice His suicide by assholes attempt when he grabbed the sword, gave me chills. Simply wonderful.

Emilia Clark still can't act her way onto a horse, but the scoring of her scenes did for me what she could not do. Ramin Djawadi elevated that sequence to no end.

Theon made me teary when talked about ned as his real father, and I never ever feel sorry for Theon, but today that one sentence managed it.

A wonderful episode, truly.

ETA:

Oh, and Iwan Rheon, chewing scenery with the best of them. He needs to tap it down a bit on the evil eyes. Ramsay, I would hope, is a bit more subtle in his sadistic glee.

Edited by Sun

After having read the books about a thousand times, I'm still coming away from the TV show feeling differently about the characters. I love TV Danerys, and I feel sort of meh about book Danerys. I'm finding myself hoping TV Danerys and TV Jaime somehow get together and fall in love and do a spin-off show ;) Kidding, but TV Danerys is a total boss.