The question should be whether D&D's line is as good as 'are you so craven?' which I don't see anyone arguing. Instead of sexism etc. I thought they were just trying to make Brienne look 'hard' or 'badass' in her back-and-forth with Jaime, and misjudged it.

Actually, she did call him a coward , they just avoided using craven because it would likely confuse many people.

Also, are you implying Brienne isn't badass??? :fencing:

Actually, she did call him a coward, they just avoided using craven because it would likely confuse many people.

Also, are you implying Brienne isn't badass??? :fencing:

Hahah, she is cool and badass but in an understated way! The showrunners are getting her backwards and making her badass by having her remorselessly kill people in combat, absolutely own Jaime and insult him all the time.

That's what I thought the 'coward' comment was, more of an insult than her trying to help. It's open to interpretation but the tone was very harsh (we don't know how she said 'craven' in the books but to me it comes across as desperate and imploring and she whispers it). It sounded just part of the 'bloody woman' insult she next came out with.

It's not impossible that one whore could read, nor is it odd that Varys didn't see the two beds on the bill of lading. He's not Sherlock Holmes, he's a schemer.

The odd thing to me was that Ros saw 2 beds and she deduced it was a plot to whisk away Sansa. Makes me think this is a LF scheme.

Much of Varys' knowledge comes from others. Ros seems to be a special kind of little bird.

BTW that Sorcerer scene just freaked me out! I loved it! It wasnt out of character for the story itself nor for Varys. MHO. I was like WTF is Varys doing with that big crate - I didnt recall any big crates in his story line. And he leads such an austere life - what would he need a whole crate full of?

This episode was masterful and the best dialogue of all was Theon's. So moving. Anyhow, it had those "Wow' moments that season 1 had every episode and that season 2 sometimes lacked. Good stuff. Very good episode.

Same here. I thought the Slayer scene happened before Craster's Keep?

I think it has to happen (Sam slaying the Other) I trust it will be satisfactorily presented. I had no complaints with the way the wights marched on the Fist even though it was totally not by the book. And Sam could not have sent off the ravens given his situation in that last scene. Otherwise we would all be asking how the heck he beat the wights back to the Fist. It was Mormont who sent him out to shovel sh*t to begin with so apparently that wasnt his ONLY job. Mormont is being a little harsh.

Brienne thinks of women the way Arya thinks of "stupid girls" BTW her speech was magnificent - about Jaime whining about the loss of his hand as if he were the only person to ever lose his or her purpose in life. I kept expecting her to go all Dr Phil and tell him to rub some dirt on it.

Edited by rmholt

I loved this episode. My hubby hasn't read the books and he is in love w/ Dany.... AND Cersei. I myself am not a Dany fan but that was a great moment for her in the books and the show was awesome.. A dragon is no slave. Theon... sob.. that arrogant little shit, I actually cried when he said that about Ned. Hubby thinks he deserves it.. poor Jaime, Brienne was trying to get him to man up. Nothing sexist about it

I cant help it Missandei is just Not Right.

It doesn't help that Missandei in the books is like 10 years younger than on the show. The Dany/Mis interactions are very different as a result. The exchange in E03 about "we are mot men" wouldn't work as well, for instance.

If they keep in that gratuitous Dany + Irri scene except with her it's going to be all kinds of awkward. On one hand she's absolutely gorgeous, on the other... aging up a character primarily to give her sex scenes? A little odd.

Edited by chareth cutestory

It doesn't help that Missandei in the books is like 10 years younger than on the show. The Dany/Mis interactions are very different as a result. The exchange in E03 about "we are mot men" wouldn't work as well, for instance.

Yes and given character aging we might have a Bran situation between seasons. Still glad they covered her up in this episode.

Ros telling VArys about the feather beds that Little finger has for his travels is bothering me because I suspect there's going to be some big story changes in that arc.

I think she might actually be playing Varys and that's how Littlefinger will find out and tell the Lannisters about the Tyrell's plans for Sansa.