wait, but, Littlefinger colludes with The Queen of Thorns (Tyrells) to shuttle Sansa out with him. Varys helps them, against the Lannisters.

No he(Littlefinger) doesn't, Littlefinger and Olenna only worked together to poison Joffrey. In the books Olenna originally tried to marry Sansa to her grandson Willas Tyrell in order to give the Tyrells Winterfell, but Littlefinger spoils her plan my telling Tywin before she had the chance to set up the marriage. Olenna doesn't know Littlefinger is the one who spoiled her plans, so actually she was just being played by Littlefinger. In the TV series Olenna had no idea of Littlefinger's intention to shuffle out sansa, until Varys told her, which means Varys and Olenna are actually working against Littlefinger. That's why right after the scene with Olenna talking to Varys about Sansa it switches to the scene where Margaery proposes to Sansa that she marry ser Loras. Which I believe Littlefinger will counter by telling the Lannisters of the Tyrells plan. Littlefinger wants to take Sansa to the Vale with him, but the Tyrells want sansa to marry into their house so they can eventually claim Winterfell. Littlefinger and the Tyrells are pushing two seperate agendas in their plans for Sansa.

Edited by Jon Icefyre

who's Locke?

The character they created to replace the Bloody Mummers I believe? It's been a while but Vargo was the guy who cut off Jaime's hand and they were a group of outlaws. Not really a huge change, but not sure why they would do this. And Locke was under the Bolton banners I think, so he would be under obligation to return him to Robb. I doubt Robb would have wanted Jaime's hand cut off without his consent, and the Northmen would know that so it doesn't make sense in that regard but whatever.

I was under the assumption that one of the bigger climaxes this season along with RW will be the defense of Castle Black? I assumed the season would end with Stannis joining the battle triumphantly much like Tywin did in Blackwater with Jon Snow holding out as long as he can much like Tyrion last srason with Stannis replacing Tywin as the conquering hero. Anyone else think this is likely?

I think it has to happen (Sam slaying the Other) I trust it will be satisfactorily presented. I had no complaints with the way the wights marched on the Fist even though it was totally not by the book. And Sam could not have sent off the ravens given his situation in that last scene. Otherwise we would all be asking how the heck he beat the wights back to the Fist. It was Mormont who sent him out to shovel sh*t to begin with so apparently that wasnt his ONLY job. Mormont is being a little harsh.

That's a big detail in the book. Doesn't Davos read Sam's plea for help which then leads him to convince Stannis in moving to divert his forces north to the wall?

That's a big detail in the book. Doesn't Davos read Sam's plea for help which then leads him to convince Stannis in moving to divert his forces north to the wall?

I have to check. I think the message that went to Pylos was from Castle Black. It said they received messages from the Fist but also some ravens without messages. It says loss of Mormont *feared* with all his stench, I mean strength. Sam wouldnt have said anything like that in his message from the Fist - the rout had not quite happened. He wrote a lot of messages that never went off - just the first ones

Anyone else think the mutiny at Craster's isn't done yet? It seemed kind of short.

I think it's done. What else is there to do? Not much else happens in the books except the stuff obviously skipped. Anyway nobody is naked so they wont stretch it out <G>

Can someone tell me what the heck is going on in the intro (where the cities etc are modeled) in Astapor with those long linear forms that look like an unusually well organized set of train tracks with walls rising at the end of the columns a la Survivor? that is one creepy harpy though.

I really wish the scene at Craster's Keep was done better. It was just chaos. You couldn't tell who was who, and it made it seem like the entire NW attacked the Keep. It wasn't done justice. They could have totally cut Bran's scene to add more time to this one.

Some other posters have said that maybe they will go back to it in the next episode, but I can't see how. The only person they follow in the NW is Sam and he took off with Gilly and babe already!

dracarys

I was under the assumption that one of the bigger climaxes this season along with RW will be the defense of Castle Black? I assumed the season would end with Stannis joining the battle triumphantly much like Tywin did in Blackwater with Jon Snow holding out as long as he can much like Tyrion last srason with Stannis replacing Tywin as the conquering hero. Anyone else think this is likely?

I hope it will be in there, I think some of it has to be, but like the rest of this season I think they will cut it dramatically short. Remember, first Jon has to have his love affair with Ygritte, who we hopefully see naked (love redheads, even though she is grimy), then he has to assualt their camp, Bran warging or whatever as Summer assisting, and then Jon escapes to defend Castle Black. If they do it right, this should extend over a few episodes. Anyone know if there are only 10 episodes this season? I wish they could make it 13, but I guess the budget for this show is probably pretty outraegous to begin with. People who think that Joffrey will be killed this season are sorely mistaken and who knows what else they will change. How they end up doing the Bran scenes from ADWD is anyone's guess, I would think a lot of computer graphics and what not would be necessary. The whole Sansa plot is unfolding strangely too, I don't see who is going to play the part of Dontos, and I really don't think her marriage to Tyrion will take place this season. I also have no idea who will give her the veil of death, possibly the Queen of Thorns just to take all the speculation from the books out which they seem to like to do these days. As far as Stannis defending Castle Black, we don't even know where Melissandre is going, that was never in the book, so who knows. It would be pretty hard for them to just leave that out I would think.

I really wish the scene at Craster's Keep was done better. It was just chaos. You couldn't tell who was who, and it made it seem like the entire NW attacked the Keep. It wasn't done justice. They could have totally cut Bran's scene to add more time to this one.

Some other posters have said that maybe they will go back to it in the next episode, but I can't see how. The only person they follow in the NW is Sam and he took off with Gilly and babe already!

dracarys

If it made it seem like the entire NW attacked the keep with 1 man (Craster) in it then why were there sounds of swords, mean screaming, and fighting amongst themselves?

It doesn't seem that way at all if you simply pay attention. And I think chaos is what they were going for.

Edited by DarkAndFullOfTurnips

Can someone tell me what the heck is going on in the intro (where the cities etc are modeled) in Astapor with those long linear forms that look like an unusually well organized set of train tracks with walls rising at the end of the columns a la Survivor? that is one creepy harpy though.

Yeah, I noticed that too. My theory is that the tracks represent the slaving/slaves/slave trade somehow. The harpy is indeed huge and scary. I keep looking at the intro for clues, but I've not noticed any true "giveaways" that haven't been noticed before. Also, now that the search function is back operational, There are 2-3 opening credit threads that are older. Some other interesting findings and questions I've had since then:

- Will they keep Astapor now that Dany is moving on to Yunkai?

- Winterfell has had smoke rising from it during this entire season - nice touch

- Riverrun I think has the water gate included

- Can't wait to see if they show Dorne, Braavos, Volantis eventually

If it made it seem like the entire NW attacked the keep with 1 man (Craster) in it then why were there sounds of swords, mean screaming, and fighting amongst themselves?

It doesn't seem that way at all if you simply pay attention. And I think chaos is what they were going for.

Oh geez. I mean, it was dark, you couldn't see anything, they didn't show many faces. Who was the guy that called Craster a bastard? We've never seen him before, or at least I haven't. I don't think they really established WHY those members did what they did, they've only said once about Craster feeding a pig better than the NW. They could have used the previous episodes really leading up to it, really showing how disgruntled those members were. Obviously they were going for chaos, but in MY humble opinion, it could have been filmed better. Several other posters have their gripe about it too.

I simply pay attention. Thank you.