I hope it will be in there, I think some of it has to be, but like the rest of this season I think they will cut it dramatically short. Remember, first Jon has to have his love affair with Ygritte, who we hopefully see naked (love redheads, even though she is grimy), then he has to assualt their camp, Bran warging or whatever as Summer assisting, and then Jon escapes to defend Castle Black. If they do it right, this should extend over a few episodes. Anyone know if there are only 10 episodes this season? I wish they could make it 13, but I guess the budget for this show is probably pretty outraegous to begin with. People who think that Joffrey will be killed this season are sorely mistaken and who knows what else they will change. How they end up doing the Bran scenes from ADWD is anyone's guess, I would think a lot of computer graphics and what not would be necessary. The whole Sansa plot is unfolding strangely too, I don't see who is going to play the part of Dontos, and I really don't think her marriage to Tyrion will take place this season. I also have no idea who will give her the veil of death, possibly the Queen of Thorns just to take all the speculation from the books out which they seem to like to do these days. As far as Stannis defending Castle Black, we don't even know where Melissandre is going, that was never in the book, so who knows. It would be pretty hard for them to just leave that out I would think.

Why do you think Tyrion and Sansa's wedding won't happen this season? I hope it will, it's one of the bigger storylines from ASOS!

Unfortunately, there are only 10 eps this season. The episode titles have been posted, and I think 8 is titled The Bear and Maiden Fair which leads me to think Tyrion and Sansa's wedding will take place during that ep.

I kind of hope that they will have Ros fill the role of Dontos, since she is LF's right hand man anyway (or woman). Then I hope he does Ros just like he did Dontos and off her. I'm sorry, I am not a fan of her character, and this little deal she has with Varys! She was ok first season, didn't care for her second season, now I'm just over her!

I wish they had more episodes too. We only get it once a year too, but I understand it must cost a fortune to make this show. Also, does anyone here know anything abut CGI and why it's so expensive?

Oh geez. I mean, it was dark, you couldn't see anything, they didn't show many faces. Who was the guy that called Craster a bastard? We've never seen him before, or at least I haven't. I don't think they really established WHY those members did what they did, they've only said once about Craster feeding a pig better than the NW. They could have used the previous episodes really leading up to it, really showing how disgruntled those members were. Obviously they were going for chaos, but in MY humble opinion, it could have been filmed better. Several other posters have their gripe about it too.

I simply pay attention. Thank you.

I thought it was fine. They were starving their asses off, most couldn't fit inside the house, they just lost at the Fist, and everyone was on edge. They've complained during multiple scenes about how hungry they are, especially the one agitator. I think that was Chett, who was pissed at Sam taking his steward position and wanted to slice himself a rasher of bacon off of Sam the "Piggy." If they telegraphed it any more it would have spoiled the surprise.

I thought they made it abundantly clear that there was tension among the NW all the way back from the Fist. Last week, Rast was talking about 'having to look out for themselves' as Craster wasn't feeding them well and Mormont wasn't doing anything about it. Then it all came to a head as Craster was eating meat round his fire whilst the NW were expected to wait outside in the cold with sawdusty bread. Craster's remark about slitting the throats of the sick and injured just sparked what had been building up for a while. How anyone could watch the show and not understand what led to the mutiny, I don't know.

the chaos being mentioned was the NW members loyal to the old bear fighting with the NW members who were allied with the group that killed him.

I believe in the book, crasters daughters were raped and all things that come with sacking a keep(in this case, hut) so i wouldn't be surprised to see next episode open with the aftermath of the battle.

They at least could have shown some more action sequences at the mutiny and in Astrapor. Maybe they saved the budget for Castle Black and Yunkai. However, if those prove underwhelming as well I'll be thoroughly disappointed

Battle of Castle Black is out. Also, how was Astapor lacklustre? They showed more than the book did!

Edited by Joyful Union

I thought they made it abundantly clear that there was tension among the NW all the way back from the Fist. Last week, Rast was talking about 'having to look out for themselves' as Craster wasn't feeding them well and Mormont wasn't doing anything about it. Then it all came to a head as Craster was eating meat round his fire whilst the NW were expected to wait outside in the cold with sawdusty bread. Craster's remark about slitting the throats of the sick and injured just sparked what had been building up for a while. How anyone could watch the show and not understand what led to the mutiny, I don't know.

Agreed. The scene where Sam stops marching, Rast wants to leave him there, and Mormont makes Rast personally ensure Sam makes it was clearly the show's foreshadowing of discontent on Rast's part, and it's also a nod to the stuff in the book with Small Paul carrying Sam before the Others attack, although obviously that scene was changed up significantly.

I thought it was fine. They were starving their asses off, most couldn't fit inside the house, they just lost at the Fist, and everyone was on edge. They've complained during multiple scenes about how hungry they are, especially the one agitator. I think that was Chett, who was pissed at Sam taking his steward position and wanted to slice himself a rasher of bacon off of Sam the "Piggy." If they telegraphed it any more it would have spoiled the surprise.

Yeah, I figured it was probably Chett. I just think they could have shown more of him than the one bastard line.

They at least could have shown some more action sequences at the mutiny and in Astrapor. Maybe they saved the budget for Castle Black and Yunkai. However, if those prove underwhelming as well I'll be thoroughly disappointed

This. It was very rushed, as was everything else in this episode. We could have totally done without Bran, and it would have been more screen time for more important events. The last half was the best part of the episode. And they definitely cheated us on the timing, it was only 53 minutes! I don't know much about television filming and time, but it was definitely one of the shorter episodes. I remember us posters discussing this same issue last season.

Yeah, I figured it was probably Chett. I just think they could have shown more of him than the one bastard line.

This. It was very rushed, as was everything else in this episode. We could have totally done without Bran, and it would have been more screen time for more important events. The last half was the best part of the episode. And they definitely cheated us on the timing, it was only 53 minutes! I don't know much about television filming and time, but it was definitely one of the shorter episodes. I remember us posters discussing this same issue last season.

They can't add episodes as that's just not how it's done in Hollywood. Everything is negotiated, decided upon and allocated with time, budget beforehand. Shows are bought by the season with a set number of episodes usually.

We are however going to have almost an extra episode of GOT this season as they announced last year during production that episodes will run longer equaling something like a 40-45 minute longer season this time around. If they could only cut down on the credits, which they aren't allowed to, they could squeeze more in but so many people work on the show in so many locations that the credits are longer than most shows both the opening and closing ones

It's really simple....

The show focuses on big moments! RW, PW, The Old Bear's death, Jamie's hand etc. The problem is that by focusing so much on the big moments, they neglect the slow build that goes into them, therefore degrading the overall experience. From a mile away, you can see the potential for problems with the RW. The same as with the Old Bear's death, there wasn't the right kind of build up to raise the emotional level to that of the books.

Most people I know could care less about Robb and find him annoying and a horrible leader. In fact, I've met more fans of Tywin than Robb. This is a real problem for the show and certainly a sign of how poorly they have handled creating appropriate amounts of character development.

Oh geez. I mean, it was dark, you couldn't see anything, they didn't show many faces. Who was the guy that called Craster a bastard? We've never seen him before, or at least I haven't. I don't think they really established WHY those members did what they did, they've only said once about Craster feeding a pig better than the NW. They could have used the previous episodes really leading up to it, really showing how disgruntled those members were. Obviously they were going for chaos, but in MY humble opinion, it could have been filmed better. Several other posters have their gripe about it too.

"You're a daughter-fucking, wildling bastard" is Burn Gorman from Torchwood. He was in last week's episode, and said, "You feed that pig better than you feed us."

How much more "disgruntled" do you want them to be? Did you miss the funeral scene where Edd said the corpse smelled good, and Rast said he was "starved to death"? They've been "disgruntled" since they had to help Sam on the road in episode 2. You think having them at Craster's should last more than two episodes?

I kind of hope that they will have Ros fill the role of Dontos, since she is LF's right hand man anyway (or woman). Then I hope he does Ros just like he did Dontos and off her. I'm sorry, I am not a fan of her character, and this little deal she has with Varys! She was ok first season, didn't care for her second season, now I'm just over her!

I hope Ros outlives everyone.

Also, does anyone here know anything abut CGI and why it's so expensive?

Because it takes TIME, and needs a lot of people.

And if you have 30min - this is how they did Blackwater:

Edited by Moët

I don't think you do pay attention, since the entire argument leading to Craster's death is about how Bannen was killed by starvation, Rast mentions he has a hidden larder, and Edd talking about how good a burning man smelled, Craster saying how he needs to feed his wives, and Karl saying quite obviously that they were starving and the bread his wives gave him was not sufficient. These are all very obvious points regarding the NW starvation. And if you watched the scene when Sam is fleeing and didn't hear the obvious sounds of sword-on-sword clanging and understand there was a fight, you can't have been paying attention. You also see Grenn and Edd fighting against their own brothers.

I'm not arguing that the scene could have been shot better. Sure, almost every scene could be. But to say it wasn't obvious is only giving credence to the fact that if you don't pay attention, you have no idea what's going on. It was dark? Of course it was dark!!

Edited by DarkAndFullOfTurnips

I thought he was Chett too, but apparently the name he's billed as is Karl - as in Clubfoot Karl.

I hope Ros outlives everyone.

I feel the same way, and I have no strong like or dislike for her. All the hate just makes me laugh. It's amazing how angry people get at incredibly innocuous two minute scenes like her chatting with Varys, even accusing her of being a Mary Sue(?). Are they forgetting the American Psycho scene with Joffrey last year, or when Littlefinger threatened to sell her to a man who mutilates women unless she "bucks up"? I think "Mary Sue" has become just another way of saying "female character I dislike" in the online lexicon. :lol:

Edited by chareth cutestory

Battle of Castle Black is out. Also, how was Astapor lacklustre? They showed more than the book did!

A closeup of the slaver's eyeballs melting would have been nice. Also, they showed like 5 people getting killed and then boom an entire city is destroyed. It just could have had a little more depth.

Edited by TheWhiteRabbit

A closeup of the slaver's eyeballs melting would have been nice. Also, they showed like 5 people getting killed and then boom an entire city is destroyed. It just could have had a little more depth.

Seriously? This is Game of Thrones, not Raiders of the Lost Ark FFS.

yea i think if Beric takes off his armor next episode & shows his chest wound with putrid blood oozing & festering out of the cuts it will add more depth to the show... lol naw i really just wanna see JS do a lord's kiss on some lips that are kissed by fire! will the carpets match the drapes?

Again more sarcasm, but yes actually showing that would add depth. It would let the audience know he's technically not alive.