Non-spoiler discussion of the show goes here, for those who've not read the books or those who have but are happy to not actually reference them at all in discussion, taking each episode as it comes.

This topic should open automatically when the show begins airing.

Did they change Beric's character?

What about Grenn? I sure hope he's not dead.

Who was the guy who killed Craster?

Also, am I the only one who likes Locke, or whatever his name is?(the one who cut off Jamie's hand, unlike others I have not forgotten what he has done, Jamie that is.)

Edited by theJoker501

Okay, not a Jamie fan but poor guy.

What's with Varys' gimp-in-a-box? That's new...

It is the wizard (aka "his vengence") that he is telling Tyrion about. Tyrion wants vengence now on the person who ordered him to be killed at Blackwater, and Varys is telling him that sometimes Vengence comes with Patience.

Edited by Forgottenire

Did they change Beric's character?

What about Grenn? I sure hope he's not dead.

Who was the guy who killed Craster?

Also, am I the only one who likes Locke, or whatever his name is?(the one who cut off Jamie's hand, unlike others I have not forgotten what he has done, Jamie that is.)

Yep, they changed the actor

Grenn survives the mutiny in the book but DD are always changing stuff so we will see if he sticks around in the show.

I don't know who he was. I've never seen him before, I don't think they said what character he plays.

Some people like him. I don't like or dislike him.

Yep, they changed the actor

Grenn survives the mutiny in the book but DD are always changing stuff so we will see if he sticks around in the show.

I don't know who he was. I've never seen him before, I don't think they said what character he plays.

Some people like him. I don't like or dislike him.

I like Grenn pretty well, so I hope he comes back.

The guy that killed Craster was awesome until the whole mutiny thing. It seems that the Nights Watch is pretty well done for, besides aemon and a few others. I wonder who they will fight when Jon Snow and Tormund climb the wall.

Dany's side of the story seems to be shaping up well, but I wonder who they will be fighting when they cross the narrow sea.(man or dead men).

Also I hope that somehow Jorah will be the one who kills the a-hole who killed the Old Bear.

Is Loras Kingsguard?

Nope, why would they suggest him as a match in marriage if he was? As it's a position for life where you can have no wives nor kids.

I really didn't want Mormont to die, or at least wanted him to take some of those bastards with him... Loved him :(

Alizard. the thing is, that paticular series of events is not in the books, so we can only speculate. i would say, with what i know from the books, that ramsay is trying to completely mess with theon, to break him psychologically. you have to remember, theon still doesnt know that that boy is ramsay bolton, his captor himself.

Non-spoiler discussion of the show goes here, for those who've not read the books or those who have but are happy to not actually reference them at all in discussion, taking each episode as it comes.

Yeah, right. In the books, in the books, in the books....

Edited by Anonymous918

I still feel nervous for Sansa - I feel like the less she says to Margaery the better - I just don't trust that little schemer! Loved her granny's' little rant about roses and other stronger house names/words. When Varys and granny were talking, it felt like someone brewing up a homemade nightmare. Someone's going to take it in the shorts if those two are plotting, that's for sure. (Sounds like LF's in for it.)

Arya so far is safe, thank goodness. She's a pistol. Love that she stood up to the Hound - loved the "Is being born a Clegane a crime?" part - poor old horrible Hound, nobody loves him.

I didn't get the part about Catelyn and Bran in the tree. Weird.

Thanks for the answer, it's good to think we'll be all waiting for the answers, either book-readers or non-book-readers.

Gotta love that Ramsay Bolton (or is there a special bastard's name near the Dreadfort?) him plus Locke really give that house a badass reputation.

Since the Dreadfort is in the North, that would be Snow... But it would be wise never to call Ramsay such.

Arrow: I agree with you, no one can be trusted. Yet if Margaery says Sansa could marry Loras, I see it as an attempt to broker an official alliance in the most "common" way. I can't see how it could be a trap. The Tyrell are the Warden of the South, they have a foot on King's Landing (whatever Olenna says, if she came herself to the capital it means marrying the King isn't such a bad idea after all) and now they want to reach out far north.

What I thought when Varys and Olenna talked was: Varys seek powerfull allies. He sees Olenna as one potential ally and tries to convince her to help him fulfilling his own plans. After all what business does she have with LF? None. That's why Varys uses Sansa as a way to interest her and make way to his other ideas about LF...

I wonder who they will fight when Jon Snow and Tormund climb the wall.

Remember, all of the builders were left behind with the vast majority of stewards along with I'm sure at least some rangers as well. And all are trained to fight in some capacity.