[book spoilers] Your non-reader friends/family thoughts and their predictions.

I totally wrecked a friend of mine when I pointed out Dany would be arriving in Westrose not only to take the throne, but to kill those that took her family: Baratheons, Lannisters and Starks.

She paled.

:lmao:

Edit

Had some discussion in the lunch room today. Here is what went down.

One thinks Brienne will be raped in front of Jaime, he will kill Locke with a sword in his left hand (having showed prowess last night).

Someone thinks Dany will fall in love with Jon and that Barristan is actually her real father, NOT the King.

:lmao:

Stop! You're killing me!

Had some discussion in the lunch room today. Here is what went down.

One thinks Brienne will be raped in front of Jaime, he will kill Locke with a sword in his left hand (having showed prowess last night).

Another is pretty sure Jaime will be killed by Robb and Sansa will be forced to flee with Littlefinger as the Lannisters will want to repay in kind.

Someone thinks Dany will fall in love with Jon and that Barristan is actually her real father, NOT the King.

Everyone agrees that Varys is one scary dude

Everyone here loved the episode, specially because of the Dracary's scene, but they had lots of questions too. The main issue here at home is about Theon, they still don't get who is keeping him captive from start and why the boy took him back and specially why the boy is such a good fighter with arrows and sill submit to this gang that has Theon, so this part is kind of a mess for them. I try to avoid saying things to them and this time was almost impossible!

Another hot topic of discussion here was Marg, I mean some of my friends believe that she can't be trusted regarding all her friendship attempts with Sansa. However they are not going against the Tyrell's family as a whole because they love the Queen of Thorns.

One funny thing was that after the end my mom simply said to herself - "I wonder how Dany will be able to keep all this army"!

Yeah, one of my favorite comments was someone saying, "Wait, so how is she (Daenerys) going to keep all those men fed?"

welp, welcome to the next 3+ years of Dany's story

I have to wonder if they set up all the Craster "WE WANT FOOD" mutiny stuff with Dany's liberation of her new army so that would be on people's minds.

My husband is Dany fanboy now and thinks she is just such an awesome badass.

I tried to explain how she left the city worse off than before, that astapor is "eroeh" all over again, but he just thinks its cool how she freed the slaves.

little does he know she spends the next three books drooling over Daario's sexy blue mustache and eating lots of figs and olives while trying on new sandals and tokars.

My friend is really confused about the Theon thing. He can't figure out why Ramsay would go through all that trouble, only to lead Theon back to the cell. He even said that Ramsay didn't find out anything, until I pointed out Theon's revelation about the Stark boys.

Oh, and he also said that Sansa seems to be getting hotter every episode, something which I totally agree with :)

Assuming your friend has read the books, I think a fair interpretation is that Ramsay does what he does for his own very personal enjoyment, and also as a stage in the process of reekifying Theon. Even though it might seem to us viewers that Theon has now lost his trust in 'Boy', I think he is very confused, and that Ramsay may well use this previously gained trust to mess with his head further.

Excellent and bizarre comments by the other half.

"We'll that's dark" about Varys keeping a man in a box.

"She's a blatant lesbian" in reference to Dany.

After the the sack of Astapor. "F****, three dragons and an army of hard bastards, my money's on her now."

"She's going to be evil isn't she" in reference to the Marg / Sansa scene.

"Poor girl. She's so stupid." In reference to Sansa in the Marg / Sansa scene. (This did cause a little "discussion")

"Oh mate" in reference to Theon. Me: yeah it's not going to get better for him until about Season 6.

My non-readers loved it. Their hearts broke for Jaime. They thought he was badass for fighting with one hand (I think it was a suicide by Bolton attempt), and Brienne badass for trying to help him.

Ahh! I never had that thought. I love it. It fits with how he had given up.

Oh my god. That's so soap opera. And he was in the Kingsguard and takes vows very seriously, so I doubt he'd sleep with a woman. And I can't imagine he could have gotten close enough to her mother in order to father her.

Interesting theory though.

one of my non-readers said she was very nervous about the tyrells being nice to sansa because everyone who is nice to her winds up screwing her over. she then went on to say that sansa's best bet was with the pimp. i thought she meant tyrion but no, she meant littlefinger. when i asked my friend if she thought littlefinger was trustworthy after double crossing ned and lying to cat, she said no, but that it was the only way sansa could get out of king's landing. she said, she's not too bright getting all excited about marrying loras because she knows nothing about him but she deserves a break. she kept saying she deserves a break.

she also loved dracarys and said her boyfriend predicted the whole scene perfectly.

Almost everyone I talked to suspected Dany wouldn't give away her dragons, so I think last week's episode made it pretty clear.

People are confused about the Night's Watch rebellion and the whole Theon/Ramsey "escape"

For some unknown reason my Dad believes Sansa wants to get back with Joffery and is jealous of Margery for getting to marry him. Which I find really absurd and hilarious. I've tried to explain to him that Sansa loaths him and does not want to marry him.

People are also starting to sympathize with Theon and Jaime.

I just looked at TWoP forums and the unspoiled are still confused about Theon and Boy, hope that now Dany will conquer Westeros,are,for some reason, thinking that Margeary is as evil as Joffrey and that as TBWoB follow the R'hllor they will burn Gendry and they are servants of melisandre.Strange ideas...

My friends are sure that Dany is on her way to Westeros, and get mad at me for my condescending "yeah, sure" :P. To be honest, though, that last scene was really powerful and did seem to suggest that she's coming.... Do you think that the writers are heading in that direction?? It would be a huge deviation from the books, one that I'd hate (because non-readers need to see how irritating and whiny she is) but I think I can see it happening. Dany is a powerful card for the show, and I think D&D would want to make better use of her, rather than having her sit in Meereen

The reason the scene suggested she was coming is because, at this point, Dany still intends to march West through Slaver's Bay and Essos, liberating cities and plundering resources to fund her eventual campaign for the throne. She doesn't even think of remaining in Slaver's Bay until she hears that Astapor has fallen again.

My boyfriend only had two comments.

1.) He's pretty sure Beric Donderian is going to kill the Hound.

2.) He does not think Dany is coming to Westeros any time soon. He's pretty certain she's going to "stay on that continent and take over more cities" (that continent being Essos.)

So ... he's half right.

My friend knows Sansa's about to get screwed... But I think anyone can see that.

In a way, it's a double-edged sword to show Margaery being so clever and scheming already. We know that the Tyrells wanting to marry Sansa into the family is ultimately self-serving, but a lot of people are assuming that Margaery is actively out to harm her for some reason.

Archived