[book spoilers] Your non-reader friends/family thoughts and their predictions.

A non-reader friend of mine almost got tears of joy at Dracarys and declared Dany's story can finally get better. Yeah, sadly it's only downhill from there...

Also, my mum (who watches the show almost only for the Starks and Night's Watch) is getting tired of the lack of Robb and co, and said that after Mormont, not more ''good'' characters need to die this season. I think the show will lose a watcher come RW.

A non-reader friend of mine almost got tears of joy at Dracarys and declared Dany's story can finally get better. Yeah, sadly it's only downhill from there...

Also, my mum (who watches the show almost only for the Starks and Night's Watch) is getting tired of the lack of Robb and co, and said that after Mormont, not more ''good'' characters need to die this season. I think the show will lose a watcher come RW.

It shall lose more than one; it is known. :frown5:

Assuming your friend has read the books, I think a fair interpretation is that Ramsay does what he does for his own very personal enjoyment, and also as a stage in the process of reekifying Theon. Even though it might seem to us viewers that Theon has now lost his trust in 'Boy', I think he is very confused, and that Ramsay may well use this previously gained trust to mess with his head further.

He hasn't read the books, so he remains thoroughly confused. I explained that it will make more sense down the road. He was still confused about who burned Winterfell, and correctly guessed that it was the Bastard of Bolton, but I wouldn't confirm it for the sake of spoiling events for him. He started reading ASOS, but I convinced him to start from the beginning, as the changes in the show would only confuse him further.

Oh, and everyone loves Daenerys now. It's hard not to tell them that her arc goes downhill from here.

i know a lot of unsullied who were confused by Berics introduction scene. the build up for his reveal and the way he stepped in made it look like he was an already established character making a dramatic reappearance, like it was ned stark suddenly walking in with his head intact or something.

lots of friends went like "wait, who is this guy? am i supposed to recognize him?"

I think Daenerys's storyline will deviate. I highly doubt they'd go from something as epic as that to just chilling as ruler of Mereen. I think this season her Unsullied with battle with a Dothraki army. Seems possible that Drogo's previous followers might war with her.

I think Daenerys's storyline will deviate. I highly doubt they'd go from something as epic as that to just chilling as ruler of Mereen. I think this season her Unsullied with battle with a Dothraki army. Seems possible that Drogo's previous followers might war with her.

I think there will be deviations, but not too great. GRRM seems to have put a lot of effort into developing things in Meereen to a climax we just haven't seen yet.

If anything they might move Meereen closer to Volantis so it least appears that she is headed in the right direction instead of cooling her heels. This might also explain the non presence of Meereen on the map in the opening credits.

It shall lose more than one; it is known. :frown5:

For every viewer it loses, it'll gain two. People will be upset, they'll talk about it in turn exposing the show to new viewers, but not all will quit the series. How many people do you know that quit the books after the Red Wedding? If anything, I wanted to read it more after that chapter.

"Wow, this Daenerys is so awesome! She always makes the right decisions! I can't wait to see her invade Westeros and unite with Robb to fight the Lannisters by the end of this season!"

Not that anybody I know said this, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did

One can only hope. It seems that Dany will invade westeros in the last episode this year. She will probably meet Cat in the first episode next season to discuss the terms of alliance. An alliance of ice and fire, so to speak. Next season will feature the onset of battle between this alliance and lannisters + their allies. In the mean time, Jon will unite wildlings with NW to lead a defence against the white walkers.

Non-readers are so innocent, aren't they? Sort of like sheltered 5 year olds who don't know how harsh this world truely is.

One can only hope. It seems that Dany will invade westeros in the last episode this year. She will probably meet Cat in the first episode next season to discuss the terms of alliance. An alliance of ice and fire, so to speak. Next season will feature the onset of battle between this alliance and lannisters + their allies. In the mean time, Jon will unite wildlings with NW to lead a defence against the white walkers.

Non-readers are so innocent, aren't they? Sort of like sheltered 5 year olds who don't know how harsh this world truely is.

This is hilarious because this was pretty much my prediction before I read the books. Realism is a bitch.

I think there will be deviations, but not too great. GRRM seems to have put a lot of effort into developing things in Meereen to a climax we just haven't seen yet.

If anything they might move Meereen closer to Volantis so it least appears that she is headed in the right direction instead of cooling her heels. This might also explain the non presence of Meereen on the map in the opening credits.

There is no Mereen in the opening credits because we haven't visited it yet. For example, they showed Qarth in credits last season. Now that she moved to Astapor, Astapor has replaced Qarth in the credits. Once she moves to Mereen, it will replace Astapor.

My friends now believe that Theon is tortured by the Ironmen, they have no clue of who Iwan is, but they think that he'll play a major role in the end. Also they expected that Drogon will return to Dany, and they rallied for her in the end. What upset me the most was the fact that at the start of the episode they were all laughing at Jamie and happy to what happened to him, calling him daddy's boy and so on. I think when they will see his true colors, their view of his character will change. I told them that he saved Brienne, when he was not obliged to do it, that shows a glimpse of his changing.

Archived