[book spoilers] Your non-reader friends/family thoughts and their predictions.

When Beric sentenced the Hound to trial by combat, my son said (referring to Beric), "well he'll die..." (I resisted the urge to say "yeah, he does that alot" and so didn't spoil that aspect anyway).

The TV show just hasn't had the time to build up Beric at all, so not sure if anyone thinks Sandor is in trouble. I think I remember being more uncertain about the outcome of that fight when I first read ASOS.

I can't recall exactly, but I feel like Sandor sort of laughs or mocks Beric in the novels. In the episode he seemed to be somewhat pensive and almost cautious about it when Beric announces he will be fighting. That should give the viewer the idea that he's not a total puss and can actually fight. I don't know if we know for sure that Beric is always resurrected by Thoros until we meet them at Sandor's trial. Up until then it was purely speculation and word of mouth that he could not be "killed."

Im so tired of arguing with unsullied who STILL think theon is deserving all the torture he can get. i mean seriously, if you have only watched the series, you should be able to feel some sympathy for him after his abuse from balon and his confessions about Ned right before being recaptured. I mean when i read ASOS i thought theon was dead for sure and that he deserved it, book theon was always less likeable but in the show he really feels three dimensional and sympathetic (to a degree) but the show watchers seem to hate him even more than the book readers.

i fear D&D has made the series too much of a "Justice league, consisting of Robb and Dany, vs the evil Lannisters" story. every non book-reader i know is a Stark/Dany fanboy who laughed at Jamies terrible abuse in this episode. Cant wait for episode 9

There are tons of readers who do not appreciate or understand the depth of some characters and plots. They just don't post here. This board is not an indication of the level of knowledge or appreciation among aSoIaF readers.

I shall share with you a couple of text messages I received from a non-reader friend of mine:

Awww by the way, I LOVE that dude who killed the dude who pumps all his own daughters. I must have rewinded that scene 'bout 30 times!! Never seen him before but he was brilliant! "You are a bastard, a daughter-fucking wildling bastard" Fucking immense. It was soooo awesome & the way he said "there are no laws beyond The Wall" sent a chill down my spine!!!!

and

What the fuck is up with the boy who was apparently saving Theon? Boy is a maniac!!

I lol'd hard at the second one :)

My friend is always getting characters confused.

I was talking to her about the episode yesterday and she was saying poor 'Robb, does he ever get out from there?'

Me: "From where?"

Friend: "From that dungeon"

Me: sigh, "that was Theon not Robb - Robb is the one that leads the army."

My friend thinks Arya will lead the Brotherhood, team up with her brother and Danny, crush Joffrey, and help Sansa.

Such a sweet summer child, I try to not telling him winter is coming.

PS. This episode really build hope up for many non-reader, they're really optimistic about the show, now.

Yeah... its so depressing knowing its all down hill from here.

I've told my partner too much, he doesn't freak out at stuff anymore.

My friend is always getting characters confused.

I was talking to her about the episode yesterday and she was saying poor 'Robb, does he ever get out from there?'

Me: "From where?"

Friend: "From that dungeon"

Me: sigh, "that was Theon not Robb - Robb is the one that leads the army."

LOL

that's remain me the joke that many series watcher confuse about characters.

Robb = Silent stark

Theon = Another Robb

One thing that's really been annoying me is my Mum (who has read the first four books) keeps saying "THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN" every time Theon appears on screen. And while, yes, she is correct, I keep having to remind her about all the flashbacks in ADwD that she hasn't read yet. I thinks she assumes Theon vanished into thin air after Clash.

My friend noticed that Cersei's right hand is a bit twitchy and looks uncomfortable in her scenes for this episode. Can it be a subtle way that the directors are showing the connection between the twins that they feel each other's pain even when not seeing one another?

My friend noticed that Cersei's right hand is a bit twitchy and looks uncomfortable in her scenes for this episode. Can it be a subtle way that the directors are showing the connection between the twins that they feel each other's pain even when not seeing one another?

That's an interesting idea. When I watched it, I thought it was an indication of how nervous and upset she was when she finally confronted her father.

One thing that's really been annoying me is my Mum (who has read the first four books) keeps saying "THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN" every time Theon appears on screen. And while, yes, she is correct, I keep having to remind her about all the flashbacks in ADwD that she hasn't read yet. I thinks she assumes Theon vanished into thin air after Clash.

I was that person the first time I re-watched the series after having read the books. Then I realized everyone hated me and I learned to shut up. There's a definite curse to being a book reader when watching the show.

I love this thread! I wish I had some non-book people to regularly watch the show with. I would just love to see their reactions. I will be spending time with a non-book reading show watcher this week. I cannot wait to ask her what she thinks! Hopefully I will have something to add to the thread. Keep the info coming.

I love it too. I immensely regret that I spoiled.my mother about so many surprises! She teicked.me into it she would say I don't care much for this show so you can tel me...Like, who else dies? But she is avid now and won't miss the show for nothing. She likes Jaime I think cause when Locke was abusing him last episode, she went "Ooooooh no!!!" and later she said "It 's awful how they mistreat that poor boy". I thought she meant Theon but she when I said that she said "No no I mean the Kingslayer!". She is still unspoiled about a lot of things to come. I learned my lesson (its more fun to watch her yell in shock).

Mom's predictions:

Arya will be very powerful and will have an army! She tinks Arya is the most important characrer.

Daenarys will sit the IT.

Jon will unite wildlings and crows.

I've read at least 4 different reviews naming Lord Volton as the man behind Jaime's capture. *eye roll*. One even said Lord Bolton delivered Jaime to Lord Volton in episode 5.

This show should come with warning labels.

I've read at least 4 different reviews naming Lord Volton as the man behind Jaime's capture. *eye roll*. One even said Lord Bolton delivered Jaime to Lord Volton in episode 5.

This show should come with warning labels.

Lord Voldemort + Lord Bolton = Lord Volton. It is known.

My brother is almost caught up, and he is a nonreader, and he makes tons of comments and preidctions. Soon I'll be able to post them here and that's exciting.

We were watching episode 1 of this season the other day, and this made me laugh hysterically.

Sansa: Because the truth is either terrible, or boring. [Littlefinger approaches]

My brother: How fitting for someone who is both to enter the scene.

I was surprised nobody caught on that Dany understood what the slave on the Walk o' Punishment said to her.

You are right , no I did not catch that.

I did notice that when Kraznys said "The bitch has her army." That Missandei did not translate that.

But Dany gave him the 'your ass is toast' look!

Kraznys did not realize she understood what he had said.

Archived