[book spoilers] Your non-reader friends/family thoughts and their predictions.

My sister thinks the hound will survive his fight, and that he will take Arya back home, since he likes her sister.

It was so hard keeping a straight face.

She also think Dany is heading to Westeros to fight Joffrey, and that she will side with Robb.

They're so pumped about Dany's "inevitable invasion of Westeros now."

Sweet summer children.

This!

I had to fake an excited smile as my friend went on and on about how awesome it's going to be when Dany hits Westeros, and King's Landing...yup! :blushing:

Also, despite how Hollywood the dracarys was, it really was so exciting to watch - felt really close to how I'd pictured it reading it! Wasn't COMPLETELY sold on Emilia Clarke until that moment - but I believe her now.

Overall, I think this was the most exciting episode for my non-reader co-watcher...it had it all.

And they gave Lord Mormont a great exit...I teared up!

The stories felt well fleshed out this week, and there wasn't a major amount of hopping. There's some excitement in my house about Sansa and Loras, so I had to hide my confused face on that one - and on the Spider and Queen of Thorns unlikely friendship, though it's pretty believable for the show. Lot's of 'who's he' and 'what's he doing' about Boy, so excited to see where that's taking us.

All in all, I thought this was the easiest episode of the third series to watch with a non-reader...not as many confused questions at the end, trying to get to grips with the story. Solid!

My (non-book-reader) husband’s impressions after the fourth episode are mostly the same as everyone else :

What is the boy’s game with Theon? Is he a sadist or what?

Poor Sansa. Margery is playing with her.

The Hound will win his trial by combat.

How is Dany to feed all these soldiers? They will go all the way to Westeros on foot? (I showed him a map).

Where it gets more interesting :

He predicted Mormont’s death.

He also predicted, from the episode’s title, that Jorah Mormont’s watch over Dany would be over and that he would have to leave her...

My (non-book-reader) husband’s impressions after the fourth episode are mostly the same as everyone else :

What is the boy’s game with Theon? Is he a sadist or what?

Poor Sansa. Margery is playing with her.

The Hound will win his trial by combat.

How is Dany to feed all these soldiers? They will go all the way to Westeros on foot? (I showed him a map).

Where it gets more interesting :

He predicted Mormont’s death.

He also predicted, from the episode’s title, that Jorah Mormont’s watch over Dany would be over and that he would have to leave her...

Your husband is quite perceptive. You should be proud! :)

Your husband is quite perceptive. You should be proud! :)

And I haven't told him a thing. I look forward to another of his predictions: the death of Catelyn, Robb and Shae.

He predicts Jon Snow will sit on the Iron Throne in the end.... but the jury is still out on this one! I believe it will end in a confederation of sorts.

I just hope he's not the "I told you so" kind of person!

He is.... And he also believes Brienne. Loras and Theon will die. :cool4: If I remember correctly Loras is near death, and Theon dies (figuratively speaking). As for Brienne, who knows?

Just finished re-watching with a friend who hasn't seen it yet. She still can't get over Jaime's hand and thinks it will "humble him." She thought the mutiny was really random and didn't understand why it happened. She called it "cray." lol. Can't believe the NW would do it to their own men. When I told her what happened in the books she said that made a lot more sense and wishes they did it that way (would have been difficult).

Confused as hell by Theon story and begged me to tell her who "boy" is. She begs for so many spoilers that we've come to an agreement that I'll give her one for every ten times she asks, lol. She is really excited to see Jon Snow's dick this weekend. She says Varys reminds her of LF, they're both people from nothing that are ambitious and want to be on the top. She doesn't get them at all but says they're very smart. Margaery and QoT are very cunning.

She thinks Theon has already redeemed himself basically. Not so much for Jaime. She thinks he deserved it. When I mentioned the deaths Theon caused she said he was just "crazy in the head" at the time. Funny how she holds Theon and Jaime to much different standards.

She thinks Sansa is a complete idiot for trusting the Tyrells and that she's naive and "should have learned her listen." When I said, "do you trust the Tyrells with Sansa?" she screamed NOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol. Her feelings for Brienne are on the fence. She really seems to like the BwB and says they seem like "heroes."

As soon as Kraznys took Drogon she said, "that dragon is gonna burn him alive." lol. She still screamed when it happened though. Rewinded it about five times (ten times with Jaime's hand, lol, oh and Renly's death too). Obviously, she thought Dany's scene was awesome and "showed her power."

One of my friends is sure that Balon is the one holding Theon alive and that Boy is just one of his pieces.

He thinks the BwB may be two-faced and up to something evil.

Oh and he said. One day Jon will face Robb and tell him: "I may be the bastard, but my girl(Ygritte) is hotter than yours" I wanted to laugh and cry at the same time. I've already told him that he cannot stop watching the series after may 26th.

My mother is quite good at predicting events, despite the fact she's never even read a word of the books. Like for example, in last week's episode "Walk of Punishment", as soon as Jaime got laid down on the table, she called it. "He's going to lose his hand, and he's going to be worth nothing, thus begins character redemption arc." But for this episode, her predictions fell flat. She said Daenerys wasn't going to go through with selling her dragons, but she definitely couldn't have predicted Dany wrecking shop like that.

She also had a misfire prediction about the Night's Watch. She had told me that Jeor would eventually give into his other Night's Watchmen and take out Craster and they would free the women. Prolly not.

She's predicted that the Hound will win the fight and take Gendry and Arya along with him to Riverrun. She thinks the "Boy" is working for Balon and all this punishment is for his acts at Winterfell. Jon Snow will also apparently be sitting on the Iron Throne at the end, hahah.

My brother is all caught up now so I am excited to see his predictions week to week.

Every time Jorah is on screen, he says "Pleaaaase say khaleesi this scene, Jorah." He is as infatuated with Iain Glen's voice as I am with Iain Glen's everything.

ETA, I found this on youtube and now he thinks I am a god.

:lol:

He got chills for the first time since Ned's beheading during dracarys.

He was sad Old Bear died because he really liked him.

He believes Marg is going to screw Dany over very, very hard.

He loved Varys' lines: "I choose my friends carefully, and my enemies even more carefully" and "He would see this country burn if he could be king of the ashes" (paraphrasing on that first one)

He thinks Pod the Stud is definitely some sort of plot point, not a running joke, because he doesn't understand why it's in to episodes otherwise.

He loved that Arya spoke up in the cave even though he is afraid that if the Hound lives, Arya is in for it.

My brother is all caught up now so I am excited to see his predictions week to week.

Every time Jorah is on screen, he says "Pleaaaase say khaleesi this scene, Jorah." He is as infatuated with Iain Glen's voice as I am with Iain Glen's everything.

Iain Glen's cadence is phenomenal. Same with Charles Dance. These guys can just say words and it seems amazing.

Just finished re-watching with a friend who hasn't seen it yet. She still can't get over Jaime's hand and thinks it will "humble him." She thought the mutiny was really random and didn't understand why it happened. She called it "cray." lol. Can't believe the NW would do it to their own men. When I told her what happened in the books she said that made a lot more sense and wishes they did it that way (would have been difficult).

Can't forget though - the Night's Watch are comprised of a bunch of criminals. Under extreme stress is it really that surprising that they fall apart?

She thinks Theon has already redeemed himself basically. Not so much for Jaime. She thinks he deserved it. When I mentioned the deaths Theon caused she said he was just "crazy in the head" at the time. Funny how she holds Theon and Jaime to much different standards

So far in the show, it's only really Theon who has expressed regret for his actions. So I can understand that.

Can't forget though - the Night's Watch are comprised of a bunch of criminals. Under extreme stress is it really that surprising that they fall apart?

So far in the show, it's only really Theon who has expressed regret for his actions. So I can understand that.

She thought it was neat that he tried to help Brienne, but not enough yet, I suppose. I explained the NW thing to her more carefully, but she still thought it was too random. She looveeddd this episode though. I think most people did.

Archived