[Book spoilers] Dracarys!

It's funny, I always thought this actress was more attractive in RL than in the role of Daeny. But speaking the made up Valyrian she sounded amazing. By the time she got to "Dracarys!" I was in love.

One of the only scenes that were way better on screen than in print.

As an aside, did anyone else catch the expressions on Jorah and Selmy's faces? No dialogue, but Selmy looked as if he was saying, "yeah, that's how you do it. Nice." While Jorah was, "Hubba hubba, I've got the biggest boner I've ever had right now!"

Hahaha! I'm actually quite sad that things between them, and Dany, will turn out the way they do. Since the two of them exchanged that worried look when Dany offered Kraznys one her dragons last episode, I haven't been able to stop thinking about how awesome a bromance between Jorah and Barristan would be.

With that said, I was fistbumping into free air all alone for the last five minutes of the episode.

Such an epic scene. To the people that were disappointed, prepare to have a disappointing life.

As far as the guy who says it is not plausible that they would sell all their unsullied, they took a gamble. They went all in and lost.

Great episode overall, and the last scene was really good. After the hatching of dragons, this was THE moment for me as far as Dany is concerned. Best wishes to the 'breaker of chains'.

Awesome scene! But I kinda loled when Drogon flapped in the air like it wasn't a big deal. Yeah, I'm a big lizard with tiny wings. Screw physics!

Its all magic. Where does physics come in? Where was science when fire was coming from the dragon's mouth? Stop dragging in science where dragons are concerned!

Awesome scene! But I kinda loled when Drogon flapped in the air like it wasn't a big deal. Yeah, I'm a big lizard with tiny wings. Screw physics!

He breathes fire. Maybe he's actually a hot air balloon and the wings are just for steering.

Also, the music. Love the unsullied theme!

Emilia was great, the looks on everyone's faces when she spoke were great, the visuals were great, and the music was great. It was great.

Except...

The underlying premise was really stupid. It always felt to me like GRRM made the slavers unbelievably stupid so that Dany could get her army, and that translated right over to the show. Why don't they train the Unsullied to never be able to kill an Astapor slaver. And if that's not possible, why would they ever agree to sell their entire army?

I know they have "dragon envy" or whatever, but I can't believe they would be so shortsighted. Them not understanding the nature of a dragon? That makes sense. Them not understanding that someone might try ordering bought Unsullied to attack them? That doesn't.

I didn't like the chapter, and I didn't much like the scene. I was really hoping D&D would change the scene a bit, maybe show that the slavers do have quite a lot of soldiers (and not just a handful of guards) and have the Unsullied really have to fight it out a bit.

So, as is, it was very pretty nonsense. Sorry.

Yes, The scene doesn't stand up to examination, or common sense, neither in the books, or now in the show. But as a TV moment it was effective in that it had that Indiana-Jones-outwits-the-german-army-and-escapes-with-the-arc rush. Once you sit down and think about it, it doesn't hold up, but as a moment it is effective, and that's all the show wants. For the logic, they can always point to GRRM.

Really? I didn't catch any similarities.

The music is what really made the scene good. as it quietly rose from nothing into a crescendo accompanying the very final shot. The music was astounding and elevated that scene to no end.

Thought they could've shown more of the Unsullied killing the slavers / freeing the slaves in the city cos it looked a bit small-scale.

BUT

Loved it, esp the shot when they're leaving Astapor with the militaristic 'fire and blood' music in the background. Just really really good.

That's the thing though, it's not a big deal. If problems with physics are going to be a an issue, this may not be the series to watch or read.

Loved the scene - especially when the slaver was so engrossed with Drogon he missed Dany speaking in Valyrian.

I absolutely LOVED the scene! I rewinded twice to watch it again!

The dragons, the unsullied, the look of the city, the last shot. All AMAZING!

Especially the language, it sounded so realistic and it felt like Emilia Clacke was a native Valyrian speaker.

The languages -to me- sounded like it was a combination of French, Spanish and some eastern european languages! The Ghiscari dialect sounded like it has some Arabic influences as well. Can't wait to hear more, and I wonder if the Merenees dialect has influences of other languages.

Archived