(Book Spoilers) Jaime

Seeing Jaime Lannister utterly helpless, getting kicked and repeatedly slammed face down in the mud and horseshit was.. shocking, as it was meant to be. It sort of mirrors what Theon is facing--the brutal stripping away of everything that made him who he is. Who and what comes out the other side of that furnace--that's the question.

Feel incredibly bad for him. It took being held captive, for his sister's influence to leave him. He does the right thing in saving Brienne, and what does it get him? The look on NCW;s face this episode is heart breaking. You can tell he is broken. I think he is realizing that he was nothing but a tool for everyone around him for so long, and now he is a broken tool. What does he have left?

Feel incredibly bad for him. It took being held captive, for his sister's influence to leave him. He does the right thing in saving Brienne, and what does it get him? The look on NCW;s face this episode is heart breaking. You can tell he is broken. I think he is realizing that he was nothing but a tool for everyone around him for so long, and now he is a broken tool. What does he have left?

That's the perfect summary for Jaime. And once a tool has broken, who needs it around anymore? Ugh, Jaime... <3

NCW earned his paycheck this episode, that much is for sure. I wonder how many takes he had to do of having his face buried in horseshit. "Sorry Nikolaj, the light wasn't quite right in that one. Okay Nikolaj, we need a wide shot of that for the editor. Okay Nikolaj, come on, man, that take wasn't quite convincing. Really bury your face in that shit."

My brother and dad were laughing at first. I love that non-reader fans hate Jaime since the book fans are all over his nuts for some reason.

But after a few minutes into the scene they seemed a bit more sympathetic, so I think showJaime will eventually get to his current fangirl status.

I love that non-reader fans hate Jaime since the book fans are all over his nuts for some reason.

In the books, Jaime is funny and Bran is immensely boring. He was so boring at some point I started thinking: Had Jaime killed Bran we wouldn't have to endure Bran POVs, and in the end actually stopped feeling bad about Bran and started resenting Jaime for botching the murder. Show viewers are never confronted with the sheer drudgery of reading thru a Bran POV, so they don't forgive Jaime that easily. ;)

In the books, Jaime is funny and Bran is immensely boring. He was so boring at some point I started thinking: Had Jaime killed Bran we wouldn't have to endure Bran POVs, and in the end actually stopped feeling bad about Bran and started resenting Jaime for botching the murder. Show viewers are never confronted with the sheer drudgery of reading thru a Bran POV, so they don't forgive Jaime that easily. ;)

Even as a "Jaime fangirl" who nonetheless totally loves Bran and doesn't find him boring at all (and OCCASIONALLY feels a bit guilty about loving Jaime so much despite what he did to Bran), I still find the pure shamelessness of this completely awesome.

My brother's reaction at the beginning of the jamie sequence "hahahaha"

He kept laughing right until jamie threw up and took the sword....

Then silence throughout...

At the end....damn i am actually feeling sorry for him now...

By the way he is a non book reader :) the makers/directors/actor got the job done perfectly

That scene of him vomiting and wallowing in the mud, ugh. Really brutal. Even if the name is changed, Locke's pretty obviously got Hoat's personality/sick sense of humor.

Did kind of laugh out loud when one of my friends asked, "Uh, why does that guy carry around a flask of horse piss?"

Archived