[No spoilers] Funniest lines of episode 4

Ok not exactly a ton of laughs in comparison to some of the others, but still some pretty good lines.

The Margeary/Sansa scene was amazingly mean spirited in a funny way.

I laughed when Sansa told Margary you must think I'm the dumbest person ever, and margaerys mouth said no, but everything else said yes

Also couldn't believe they put that line about having a pigs nose in there. D&D have to have a lot of balls to even think about putting something like that in.

"I never thought Bannen could smell so good"

Oh Edd

This :D

Some of the humour in this episode also comes not from actual lines, but subtlety, to me.

Olenna's remarks on the Tyrell sigil (I've said literally the same words on a couple of occasions, lol).

The Old Bear: "He came to us from... err... Where did he come from?"

Joffrey trying to act like a pimp telling Margaery horror stories. Also his waving like a douche.

Tywin 'You're not as smart as you think you are.' and his long pause before saying 'Contribute.' Also 'You're still here....' You could just see his annoyance xD

Kraznys: "You speak Valyrian?!" (his expression did it)

Ramsay's horrible expression also made me laugh, in a 'Ramsay you're such a douche' kind of way.

Locke: "Can't say I've ever seen a man drink horse piss that fast." :D I know it's horrible, but I didn't see it coming and it made me laugh in an uncomfortable 'oh god no' kind of way.

Jorah and Barristan looking at each other like bro's also made me smirk. I know they don't like each other, but two of my favourite characters getting along even if only briefly gets a smile on my face...

I just made a thread about this kinda, and am suprised nobody above mentions the scence with Joffrey talking about how the women targaryn was eaten by her brothers dragon while her babies watched. All the while Joffrey is giggling like a schoolgirl. Brilliant acting by that kid, just amazing..

Maybe my favorite one liner of the series(for comedic value)

Ok not exactly a ton of laughs in comparison to some of the others, but still some pretty good lines.

The Margeary/Sansa scene was amazingly mean spirited in a funny way.

I laughed when Sansa told Margary you must think I'm the dumbest person ever, and margaerys mouth said no, but everything else said yes

Also couldn't believe they put that line about having a pigs nose in there. D&D have to have a lot of balls to even think about putting something like that in.

I thought it was such a sad scene. Sansa almost cried of happiness when Marg told her her place would be at Highgarden is she married Loras.

Great acting by Sophie Turner and Natalie Dormer.

What Theon said about Ned being his real father (don't remember the actual quote) gave me a kind of sad lol. Oh, Theon, you Captain Hindsight of Westeros :P

This was so sad! He said something like; 'My real father's head was cut off in Kings Landing.' 'I had to make a choice and I choose wrong' I almost cried. But when we saw the Bolton cross and I felt really excited. I went from feeling bad for Theon to feeling really really excited about the rest of his storyline.

Oh Edd

I laughed so hard.

I also really like the witty Lady Olenna to the Tyrell cousins about the Golden Roses. ' I even have a golden rose painted on my chamber pot, as if that makes it smell better' and making fun of how not scary the golden rose and their words going strong are lol.

Edd while tending the pigs cracked me up but his line "I never thought Bannen could smell so good" was priceless, I love Edd!

Tywin scene with Cersey was also funy in his cold and kind of annoyed way to say the lines.

But the best for me was the Queen of Thorns, she was simply amazing in this episode and had great moments like:

"I even have a golden rose painted on my chamber pot, as if that makes it smell better" and "What happens when the non-existent bumps against the decrepit". Varys face on that scene was great!

I can't help myself:

When Mormont asks where he (edit: he being Bannen) came from, then said he fought well, I wanted Edd to say:

"He was a steward!"

But Olenna's lines, all of them really, were great. Especially the 'non-existent and the decrepit'. Why did you look, Varys?

Oh Edd

Yeah, that was funny; they are really hungry. :D

Some of the humour in this episode also comes not from actual lines, but subtlety, to me.

Olenna's remarks on the Tyrell sigil (I've said literally the same words on a couple of occasions, lol).

The Old Bear: "He came to us from... err... Where did he come from?"

Joffrey trying to act like a pimp telling Margaery horror stories. Also his waving like a douche.

Tywin 'You're not as smart as you think you are.' and his long pause before saying 'Contribute.' Also 'You're still here....' You could just see his annoyance xD

Kraznys: "You speak Valyrian?!" (his expression did it)

Ramsay's horrible expression also made me laugh, in a 'Ramsay you're such a douche' kind of way.

Locke: "Can't say I've ever seen a man drink horse piss that fast." :D I know it's horrible, but I didn't see it coming and it made me laugh in an uncomfortable 'oh god no' kind of way.

All these. You summarize them pretty well.

Jorah and Barristan looking at each other like bro's also made me smirk. I know they don't like each other, but two of my favourite characters getting along even if only briefly gets a smile on my face...

It's a perfect time to ship them while they're still together --- Ser BOrah!

I loved Edd's remarks.

The QoT was a boss. I love how she mimicked the North's accent when talking about "Winter is coming." And her acerbic flirtation with Varys, paired with his downward glance at his nethers at her "nonexistent" line.

This is funnier on a rewatch, but Ramsay's saying "wait" as he lights the torch. It sounds so much like he's getting to a punchline--there's a subtle uptick that sounds overeager. Plus, his total jackal grin.

Joffrey acting like a lovesick puppy--giggling like a schoolgirl is dead on. Also, his little "Ha!" glance at Cersei when he walks by, arm around Margaery's waist.

I just made a thread about this kinda, and am suprised nobody above mentions the scence with Joffrey talking about how the women targaryn was eaten by her brothers dragon while her babies watched. All the while Joffrey is giggling like a schoolgirl. Brilliant acting by that kid, just amazing..

Maybe my favorite one liner of the series(for comedic value)

Totally this. It might well be my favourite one liner for the series. I nearly died. He sells a psycho so damn well. WOW. That was just... brilliant.

Archived