[BOOK SPOILERS] Nitpick without repercussion?

This was a hit last season. Ideally, it's a thread where no complaint is too big or too small and no one will harass you for it; a venting area. If it really bugs you to see people nitpick, this thread probably isn't for you.

I actually don't have a whole lot of nitpicks because the show is just now so radically different from the book with a huge amount of made up scenes, but I can't help but still hate how LF is portrayed as a complete idiot.

Okay, here goes.

Now usually I like Varys' scenes, in-fact he's one of my favorite characters in either the book or show. I also think Conleith Hill is incredibly talented, his scene with the QoT was brilliant...

But.

Didn't his speech about being cut seem a little... forced? I don't know what I was expecting from the scene but something about the way he delivered it just didn't sit well with me.

Didn't his speech about being cut seem a little... forced? I don't know what I was expecting from the scene but something about the way he delivered it just didn't sit well with me.

I liked the scene but it came out of a left field a little.

"Ah Tyrion! I was just about to tell you about when I was cut!"

It wasn't the story in and of itself that felt forced but I felt like it didn't come up organically.

Okay, here goes.

Now usually I like Varys' scenes, in-fact he's one of my favorite characters in either the book or show. I also think Conleith Hill is incredibly talented, his scene with the QoT was brilliant...

But.

Agreed, it did seem a bit rushed. Might be he was very eager to get the box open or whatever, but he seemed really stressed while delivering the speech.

I don't know if it's a minor nitpick or not, but leaving Willas out of the Tyrell household is going to make things really complicated later on. Since if Loras as the Heir to Highgarden he will be less likely to join the Kingsguard.

I knew it was coming but I'm still incredibly annoyed.

Finally somewhere where I can bitch and whine all I want.

1. Brienne saying "You sound like a bloody woman".

2. Tyrion trusting Varys too much.

3. Varys having the sorcerer. seriously WTF?!

4. Mormont didn't say his last words. I don't know if this is a nitpick. But it was kind of disappointing.

5. Ros being smarter than Varys.

6. Podrick's joke...

7. As much as I enjoyed the history and Joffrey, the Targaryens being buried.

8. Theon admitting that he did the wrong choice. It was touching. But it is too early!!! He should be totally broken when he admits it! And I didn't like that he called Ned he's real father.

9. No Willas :(

10. Varys giving the QoT the idea of marrying Sansa to some Tyrell.

11. Not having The Hound's badass quote:

"For the night is dark and full of terrors."

"This cave is dark too, but I'm the terror here."

It better be in the next episode.

Well, that's pretty much it. Other than that it was a fucking awesome episode.

ETA: I wrote a pretty long list, didn't I?

Tiny nitpick:

In the same scene you have Tywin pronouncing Tyrell as "tyrr-ELL" and Cersei pronouncing it "TY-rell". Which is it!

Agree, especially since their lines were directly following each other.

Also hated Brienne's "You sound like a bloody woman" line, especially since it seems so out of character. Reminds me of the line with Asha/Yara calling Theon a cunt. So OOC.

Okay, here goes.

1. Character Assasinaton of LF, everyone seems to know his plans

Tiny nitpick:

In the same scene you have Tywin pronouncing Tyrell as "tyrr-ELL" and Cersei pronouncing it "TY-rell". Which is it!

:agree: Add those to my list.

Finally somewhere where I can bitch and whine all I want.

1. Brienne saying "You sound like a bloody woman".

Thank you! I am so glad to see this mentioned this line that Brienne said to Jaime. I love the Brienne-Jaime story this season and the actors are perfect. But, the Brienne who had that very nice moment with Cat last season where she tells her that she has a "woman's courage" would not say something like this.

Also, now Ros, Varys and Olenna know that LF is interested in Sansa and was going to try and take her to the Eyrie. So, how are they going to handle the search for her after the purple wedding when Sansa completely disappears? I don't buy that absolutely no one, including Varys and Olenna, is going to wonder if LF took her and got her to the Eyrie somehow, especially after word starts to get out that LF's long lost daughter that nobody ever knew he has shows up with him there.

Otherwise, it was a great episode and I really enjoyed it.

- The delivery of Varys' monologue seemed off.

- Varys' darker side has been shown too early.

- Everyone know's Littlefinger's plans.

- Everyone keeps referring to Lord Baelish as Littlefinger.

- The Tyrell's didn't come up with the marriage proposal on their own.

- Theon was shown too regretful too soon.

- Bran's scene was too short to be anything else than pointless.

- Brienne's incredibly out of character line.

- Tyrion didn't really need to be in this episode.

- Too much Margaery and Joffrey, not enough Arya.

- The sack of Astapor should have been much longer.

I have one little nitpick. It wasn't from this episode but since we only have a nitpick topic for this episode i'm just going to post it here.

I believe this was in episode 1. When Tywin was telling Tyrion that he would never give him Casterly Rock.

Twyin said 'I have 7 kingdoms to rule, and 3 of them are in open rebellion'

The only kingdoms rebelling are the North and the Stormlands. The Riversland are in open rebellion, but the Riverlands are not a kingdom!

It kinda annoyed me (i know it's nitpicking)

Correct me if i'm wrong tho.

- The sack of Astapor should have been much longer.

That was a little disappointing yeah but I've come to accept that we'll never really get real battle scenes but *start of battle* *fade to black* *aftermath* instead because of budget constraints.

At least this season feels much more balanced in terms of "wow" scenes compared to last season where nothing great happened until Blackwater.

Archived