[BOOK SPOILERS] Nitpick without repercussion?

I didn't like Theon's remorseful confession to Ramsay, it was too soon, and was out of the blue.

In the books I was very moved by his remorse after seeing him be broken and then try to redeem himself; on screen it felt out of place and didn't have the same emotional impact as it did in the books.

Actually, I have to agree. It felt forced and too soon, like "hey look at this redemption arc!!" In the books I remember Theon's thought about how he should have been with Robb at the RW when he was completely broken down and mentally gone. That was heartbreaking and not forceful. I wouldn't call it a terrible addition, but it was definitely not the greatest.

The show lacks any kind of subtlety, honestly, which is something I love about the books.

I agree about the Pod thing. Worst show-only plot element so far, and that's saying something considering all the shitty stuff they came up with last season.

If it's mentioned again next week, I'm gonna lose my shit haha.

I agree about the Pod thing. If it's mentioned again next week, I'm gonna lose my shit haha.

I actually think it will be...watch it be an ongoing joke for the rest of the season, especially every time Tyrion and Bronn are around Pod.

I actually think it will be...watch it be an ongoing joke for the rest of the season, especially every time Tyrion and Bronn are around Pod.

ugh, I know it will be, and it's so annoying. "pod is such a sexmachine, har har" is going to be the "fun times with tyrion and bronn" joke of the season, even though it isn't really that funny in the first place.

Just wanna repeat what people have said about Brienne's "you're acting like a woman line" It was kinda misogynistic and not really something I feel book Brienne would say. I like Gwendoline Christie's portrayal of the character, but I don't think the writers always hit the mark.

ugh, I know it will be, and it's so annoying. "pod is such a sexmachine, har har" is going to be the "fun times with tyrion and bronn" joke of the season, even though it isn't really that funny in the first place.

I'm still clinging on to the slim hope that there's a plot point hidden in there, because as a joke it's really not working.

WHERE DANY'S STORYLINE FUCKING GOES FROM HERE.

Dracarys was SO cool, and she has a huge fucking army. And now she's just going to..... chill? Liberate cities? HOW will that translate to TV?

Just wanna repeat what people have said about Brienne's "you're acting like a woman line" It was kinda misogynistic and not really something I feel book Brienne would say. I like Gwendoline Christie's portrayal of the character, but I don't think the writers always hit the mark.

I think she said it because she knew THAT'S what would get under Jaime's skin. She didn't honestly believe it, but she knew he'd buy it and she wanted to say anything to help him.

WHERE DANY'S STORYLINE FUCKING GOES FROM HERE.

Dracarys was SO cool, and she has a huge fucking army. And now she's just going to..... chill? Liberate cities? HOW will that translate to TV?

Am really curiuos to see how they would handle this since most nonreaders are expecting her to head back to Westeros at this point now that she's got an army. My guess is that they will maybe have her pillage and conquer cities to raised enough money for a navy fleet. In the episode the army is marching afoot and there's no way they are ging to fit in her small ship. So Dany's new obstacle between her and Westeros is going to be a fleet.

I could be wrong, but it seemed as though she was giving Jaime a taste of his medicine. I think it was supposed to be ironic in the sense that she wasn't being serious, illustrating how foolish his misogyny sounds. It did catch me off guard immediately though.

Mormont dying without saying his last words -- though maybe he somehow survives a while longer and next episode he'll tell Green or Edd.

Lack of dialogue from the books. This really sucks -- Jaime and Brienne, the Hound and the outlaws. They should've used more dialogue from the books. Woudl've made it a whole lot better.

I know they're on a tight budget but even so, I thought the action scenes were horrible. At least two NW brothers just stood there while everyone was dying. That and they could've had a few more slavers around to make Dany's victory look a bit more compelling.

I agree about the Pod thing. Worst show-only plot element so far, and that's saying something considering all the shitty stuff they came up with last season.

If it's mentioned again next week, I'm gonna lose my shit haha.

I agree about the Pod thing. I have no idea where the hell they're planning on taking this. My only thought is that it's nowhere at all; it's just some played out joke that needs to die.

This was a good episode. I liked most of it and found it to be reasonably faithfull to the books (al least by the current standards of the series). There were just two additions which really bothered me:

- the overly long (and so far pointless) gag about Podrick and his quality as a lower. I wanted to groan.

- the scene with Varys and the sorcerer. Wrong! Wrong! Wrong!

It was good they showed him tell the tale. This is a well-proven narrative technique: characters that have suffered some trauma in the past and are driven by revenge are often encountered in fiction. It makes the character more interesting and allows the audience to sympathise with him.

But you don't let that character have his revenge right away! The revenge you want will be yours in time! that is the keyword. You need to let that plotline grow for a while.

All the audience should have gotten from that scene is that Varys hates magic and has a burning (pun not intended) desire for revenge. Not that he has allready got his revenge. We don't know if that might not happen at a later date in the books.

Besides, Varys doesn't hate that socreror in particular. He says it himself that he doesn't even remember the face. He hates magic in general

Finally this thread is back in business.

*takes deep breath* Here we go...

I can't really "nitpick." It seemed that mostly the entire first half of last episode was just made up scenes that shouldn't have existed. I don't know what is going on anymore. Margery and Joffrey were only together in the book during their purple wedding. I know some scenes between such characters will be added for lack of POVs but this is too much. Margery is everywhere now.

The episode got pretty good starting with the scene where Craster is offed. That was when they started going back to the books. From there until the end was solid.

Overall I'd consider this show a poor adaption at this point. When I go back to season 1, I'm shocked at how faithful it was compared to now. By season 7 if TWOW is not out it may not be a big deal since D+D are just doing their own thing.

I know that we are not supposed to comment on other people nit picks, but people complaining at brienne callin jamie a women seems a little thick skulled. Brienne was trying to get Jamie to stop acting like a huge bitch, she likely just said what she thought would make him start eating n what not.

I agree, she was trying to get some life out of him.

I didn't necessarily HATE Brienne's woman comment to Jaime... I just kind of tilted my head at it. I understand that she was trying to insult Jaime and rile him up, but still. She could have totally said "baby" or "child" but I guess being called a woman is more insulting to some people, and Bri knows it.

My nitpicks are:

How LF is portrayed.

Ros getting way more screen time than she deserved. She was in S1 to soley serve the purpose of the shock/nudity scandal surrounding GoT. She no longer serves that purpose so why have her. Let's concentrate on the actually important characters. And why is it that she can read? Who taught her? A wayward maester who visited her brothel?? Then again, she did apparently sleep with Pycelle.

Podrick's Package is starting to become a pet peeve. If they mention it again next episode I will scream!

How LF is portrayed.

I wish they would have shaved Jaime's head. Nikolaj, your beautiful coif would have eventually grown back.

Not really relative to this episode or season, but the new Mountain.

They are ruining Stannis. I know, I know, he wasn't begging for the gumbo pot, he was begging for another Shadow Baby. But he was still BEGGING!

Shae and Sansa, BFF! Until my boyfriend is forced to marry you, apparently.

Mother fucking Littlefinger! I can't even, just, no! Especially that dumb scene last season where he's talking to Cat. Whatever.

And DD's stupidly obvious foreshadowing of every single thing. If viewers (the non bookies) don't know by now that Joff will die, then I don't know what. There have been two blatantly obvious hints of his upcoming death this season so far.

I'm sure I have more but this is all I can think of now :)

Finally this thread is back in business.

*takes deep breath* Here we go...

I can't really "nitpick." It seemed that mostly the entire first half of last episode was just made up scenes that shouldn't have existed. I don't know what is going on anymore. Margery and Joffrey were only together in the book during their purple wedding. I know some scenes between such characters will be added for lack of POVs but this is too much. Margery is everywhere now.

The episode got pretty good starting with the scene where Craster is offed. That was when they started going back to the books. From there until the end was solid.

Overall I'd consider this show a poor adaption at this point. When I go back to season 1, I'm shocked at how faithful it was compared to now. By season 7 if TWOW is not out it may not be a big deal since D+D are just doing their own thing.

Season 1 was a lot more faithful I agree. Some of the changes since then are probably necessary, but I'm not sure how anyone can argue for changes like "Pod Super stud" The show is still worth watching, but like you say, it's really doing it's own thing now.

I don't quite understand how Theon is supposed to have circled around to the same building and not noticed. He's a pretty savvy guy, raised by Eddard no less. I reckon he's capable of knowing if he's going north east south or west, capable of recognising the same building, and for that matter, probably knows that there aren't any other large keeps as close to Deepwood Motte as it took them to apparently travel there.

And agree with all the pronounciation gripes; my big bugbear for the whole show. Send one email round agreeing on pronounciations - done. It isn't difficult.

Archived