[Book Spoilers] Varys

After this episode I'm a little more convinced that Varys might be related to the Targaryens. The sorcerer throwing his manhood on the brazier to complete his spell sounds a lot like what a red priest would do if he had some blood of a king.

But he tells the exact same story in the books. Why did the episode make it more concrete?

Great scene, and I agree the box had just arrived and was opened in front of Tyrion to make a point.

But ewww, wouldn't Tyrion have noticed the box smelled really, really badly and asked, "What the hell is in that anyway???" right off the bat? Sorcerer friend had come a long way, and there were air holes to let out his scent.

You should write a letter to D&D, these kind of plot holes simply won't do.

But ewww, wouldn't Tyrion have noticed the box smelled really, really badly and asked, "What the hell is in that anyway???" right off the bat? Sorcerer friend had come a long way, and there were air holes to let out his scent.

I honestly had that same thought, hahaha. Then I realized I was over thinking it.

I LOVED this scene, and am SO happy that Varys finally, finally is able to get revenge justice!

About the smell thing that somebody else mentioned, though -- that's true all through the series, and I think we just have to suspend belief over that....can you imagine how Jaime is smelling right about now?

I couldn't help but laugh that there was another shot of someone talking into a dirty mirror. That's been at least one per episode now, I think. And the premiere had two.

After this episode I'm a little more convinced that Varys might be related to the Targaryens. The sorcerer throwing his manhood on the brazier to complete his spell sounds a lot like what a red priest would do if he had some blood of a king.

It might also explain why his head is shaved.

That part about the Sorcerer throwing Varys' junk in the fire directly relates to the scene where Stannis throws the leeches in the fire. I was worried they weren't going to include that scene but now it's all but guaranteed.

Nice connection... Especially before Mel gets her hand on a Baratheon bastard. Very interesting!

That part about the Sorcerer throwing Varys' junk in the fire directly relates to the scene where Stannis throws the leeches in the fire. I was worried they weren't going to include that scene but now it's all but guaranteed.

But Varys was in a mummers troupe and grew up poor .....it is never implied that he had any kind of kings blood or any regal genes....but who knows....Martin is never one to shy away from dramatic plot twists

One thing, we have absolutely no evidence that the religion of R'hllor was even existent in Valyria, and we don't know when it came to Essos.

There is some jazz in the Wiki about dragon/demise/Targs and fading of Red God power , but there are no references given, and I don't remember anything about it.

Archived