(No spoilers) Tywin's letter

I'm more than forced to agree... We don't even learn where she got her medical training from, or why she bothers mending soldiers (it looks like she's just doing it for charity, but knowing Westerosi 'customs', she's really putting herself at risk by entering a war zone). I know some explanations are possible, but the show so far hasn't given any...

Cat aside, she's pretty much the only woman in the camps. Like we haven't even seen a single silent sister or anything. Just this one random medic who randomly bumped into Robb.

Cat aside, she's pretty much the only woman in the camps. Like we haven't even seen a single silent sister or anything. Just this one random medic who randomly bumped into Robb.

Actually, in Garden of Bones you see her working on an amputation with a silent sister.

I'm not buying it. For example the Talisa scene with the two Lannisters portraying Talisa as the cutesy nice nurse, doesn't strike me as something that would play exactly that way if this theory was true. Also, perhaps not the best justification, but I'm just not reading that in any of the Oona Chapliin interviews.

Also

If she's a spy, why would she go to the Twins with Robb? If Lord Frey doesn't know that she's a spy, she would expect to get killed, and if Lord Frey DOES know that she's a spy it makes not sense for him to ally with Tywin knowing that Tywin deliberately send somebody to make the king break his vows to House Frey, thus insulting his house and family.

I'm more than forced to agree... We don't even learn where she got her medical training from, or why she bothers mending soldiers (it looks like she's just doing it for charity, but knowing Westerosi 'customs', she's really putting herself at risk by entering a war zone). I know some explanations are possible, but the show so far hasn't given any...

Actually the show did give an explanation. Her whole monologue in season 2 episode 8 was basically her explaining how she ended up sawing off limbs on a battlefield. She is doing for charity, and she is putting herself at risk, because she's that kind of person.

As he tells Tyrion in the books, some wars are won with words. Or letters. Whichever he said.

Talisa is a spy. I'm certain!

I'm with you. The story she told Robb about her brother drowning is too convienient and her accent doesn't sound like she's from across the narrow sea. The show has introduced characters who were from there, she doesn't resemble them at all, she's a spy.

I'm with you. The story she told Robb about her brother drowning is too convienient and her accent doesn't sound like she's from across the narrow sea. The show has introduced characters who were from there, she doesn't resemble them at all, she's a spy.

Can't she be lying about her backstory without being a spy, though?

Robb's in the middle of an army of nearly 20,000 men, with all sorts of retainers, a betrothal to a Frey, etc.. The odds on this one woman somehow managing to so wonderfully seduce him that he ends of breaking that vow is so incredibly unlikely that I can't imagine it was part of a plot. She's decent looking, but she's not presented as especially attractive on the level you'd expect to induce the breaking of vows.

Archived