Who Deserves to Rule Westeros?

Harrad

Well GRRM said alot of people will sit on the throne before the end, so i think this shows more is going to happen.

Tommen is the king right now, after him it will be Aegon

Stannis kills Aegon and takes the throne

Dany kills Stannis takes the throne

Dany learns of Jons parentage and marries Jon

Dany dies in childbirth, giving birth to The Stallion that mounts the world/The prince thats promised

Jon marries Sansa and Arya to keep them safe.

Sansa kills Jon with Littlefingers help, who had been banging Sansa, Jon snow knew nothing of the plot.

Arya kills Littlefinger and Sansa then she marries Jaqen

Arya and Jaqen adopt Dany and Jons baby and raise him to be a true killer, he destroys the white walkers and brings peace to Westeros.

I would love this :D

Imagine all the angry fans!

Yet, as of A Dance With Dragons, Tyrion has the confidence of Aegon, the rightful heir to the throne, which makes him the most likely Hand of the King should the son of Rhaegar claims his birth right.

Just like Barristan Selmy became Hand of the Queen after Daenerys's first solo flight with Drogo in this book.

There's no such thing as "rightful heir" I'm only putting money on Aegon because he's Varys' pawn

Varys serves the Realm and the Realm only: if Aegon were no good for it, he would backstab him like he did to Kevan Lannister (ironically, in Kevan's case, being good for the Realm wasn't good for the Realm

Varys serves the Realm and the Realm only: if Aegon were no good for it, he would backstab him like he did to Kevan Lannister (ironically, in Kevan's case, being good for the Realm wasn't good for the Realm

Makes sense: all the contenders are rubbish and Stannis scares me. Brainwave: I'm going to make my own contender :D

It's actually a pretty smart move, from the very beginning Varys creates his ideal puppet to sit on the throne so he'll be the ruler Westeros needs

Stannis is the one who should be ruling the Seven Kingdoms.

I think by the end of the series, someone, I am not sure who, will sit the Iron Throne, but it will be all for naught because the Kingdoms will fall back to the way they were and all be separate kingdoms.

I want the hero Jon Snow to get the throne, I believe a targaryen will be on the throne, and/but I think Dany deserves to be on the throne. She got the slaves to follow her..shes a true leader who did a smart move in promising freedom

Stannis has the claim if that is how you want to think about it, but to quote Varys, what is power? Power resides where people let it reside. Jofferey says he is king and the people believe it. Or they are to scared to act against him because the Lannisters have that power.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, Robert stole it from rhaegar. the targaryens stole it from someone else. So no-one has teh best claim.

The besst people to have on the throne would be tyrion, with Sansa as his queen. The brains and cunning of tyrion, with the compassion and diplomacy of Sansa

The Targaryen's made the Iron Throne and turned the 7 Kingdoms into 1. Aegon the Conqueror was the first to sit the Iron Throne and now that Robert Baretheon has left no trueborn heir's the throne should pass to Stannis. Be that as it may Stannis would be an awful king, either Aegon or Daenarys will sit the Iron Throne, neither is certain but it must be a Targaryen

The Targaryen's made the Iron Throne and turned the 7 Kingdoms into 1. Aegon the Conqueror was the first to sit the Iron Throne and now that Robert Baretheon has left no trueborn heir's the throne should pass to Stannis. Be that as it may Stannis would be an awful king, either Aegon or Daenarys will sit the Iron Throne, neither is certain but it must be a Targaryen

Why must it be a Targaryen? I think Daenarys would be an awful queen, I do not know enough about Aegon to make a decision yet, but Stanis is still the best candidate. My opinion of him has changed a little after reading ADWD, however, i don't see a better alternative. Not saying he would necessarily be a good king, just the best of the bunch.

The besst people to have on the throne would be tyrion, with Sansa as his queen. The brains and cunning of tyrion, with the compassion and diplomacy of Sansa

I don't think Tyrion is fit to be king, and Sansa as of right now is too naive to be queen, she is politically incompetent and wouldn’t have much to offer other than compassion. Tyrion would do well on the small council or as the hand… paired with a good king; i imagine they would do well together. I am not opposed to A Margaery and Tommen ruled Westeros. Marg is smart, she knows how to play the game… the Queen of thorns has tutored her. As an added bonus, she is on good terms with the Sansa, which could lead to amicable relations with the north. I could be wrong, but I do not think any of the remaining stark children have any aspiration of becoming king. Tommen is a kind child the polar opposite of his brother and with the right mentors Ser Loras and Jamie; he could shape up to be a good king.

Has anybody mentioned Myrcella? Don't you think she could be a good queen, with Tyrion as her Hand?

Anyway, the "best claim" is not the point... The only thing that matters is to have what it takes to win the game of thrones and rule the realm.

And what if Roose Bolton and Littlefinger would find some common interest and join forces to fight all the "good", rightful and deserving claimants? Don't you think they do have what it takes to win the game...?

I think it's a mix between Stannis and Danaerys. Obviously, Stannis, being the older brother of Robert, has more claim to the Iron Throne than Tommen. However, he doesn't make people love him like Renly did, and the people will be less willing to change religion for Stannis. Therefore, Stannis has a good claim to the Iron Throne, but he is not likely to have a very good reign. If the people of Westeros understood the danger of the wildlings and Stannis' part to stop them, they might be happier with seating him on the Iron Throne.

On the other hand, Danaerys is a Targaryen. She has dragons (which she can't control) and the ability to make people love her. However, she doesn't seem to want to move from Meereen, which is regrettable, because I believe that the people of Westeros would be more likely to seat her on the Iron Throne.

Basically, if Danaerys and Stannis were to marry, they would have an incredibly good claim to the Throne, and if their armies were to merge, they could possibly overcome the Lannister rule.

I want the hero Jon Snow to get the throne, I believe a targaryen will be on the throne, and/but I think Dany deserves to be on the throne. She got the slaves to follow her..shes a true leader who did a smart move in promising freedom

Haven't you seen in this book that she is going insane?

The Iron Throne belongs to Targaryens by right. Robert was a usurper and so is Stannis, imo.

Archived