Who Deserves to Rule Westeros?

Harrad

You will have to make a difference between who deserves to rule, and who has the best claim to rule Westeros.

The best claim has Daenaerys, as the Baratheon-line stole the throne and Dany is the last sucessor of the Targaeryen line. I believe Aemon ist fake.

Jon deserves to rule Westeros, as he obviousely is best fit to rule, and maybe will, if the theory R+L=J is true... but even then he'd be just a bastard however.

Stannis would be a harsh but just ruler. The realm is in a mess and it needs a soldier to unite it. When the peace arrives (if it ever arrives) then I don't know about Stannis then. Dany needs more experience and a couple more years in the east would do miracles for her. Aegon, smart boy, maybe fit for ruling but needs experience and of course we're going to have find out if he's fake or not! And what about team Sansa/LF? Sansa would be a good queen in the long run.

For now it has to be Stannis.

I don't like Stannis' way of ruling. It's very cold and he doesn't listen to anybody who advises him, other that the stupid voice in his head. There is a legit reason why he could be heir to the throne but I think Denaerys is more heir to the throne than Stannis (If you know what I'm trying to say).

I love how Denearys is thinking and ruling as it's what I would do if I was her but this no-slaves thing doesn't seem to work

Now, Stannis and Denaerys won't do it together, I mean Stannis' brother slew her brother and took the kingdoms away from her, and Stannis is really stuck-up that he won't accept.

If as you said GRRM said neither of them will win the throne, I am thinking that maybe Littlefinger will, I mean he got hold of the Eyre and he didn't have anything at first. Maybe his intelligence and the way he plays may win him the game of thrones.

If Stannis or mad Dany rule Westeros it might be bad (Dany's possible future child could be a good leader though). I think we can eliminate the Tyrells and Lannisters because they are power hungry bastards. Jon Snow deserves it because he is Rhaegar's son after all and he would be a good leader. Now, I think Shireen, Tommen, Myrcella or Sansa could be very good leaders and despite being incest-born T and M don't seem to be crazy like their mom (too bad they're gonna die :crying: ). So, Jon or Sansa or Shireen (I wonder if these 3 will end up fighting each other ;) )

While morally grey, Stannis is clearly seen as a villainous character, due to his association with the Red Woman and his blood magic.

Daenerys and Jon would be the best claimants by character.

You will have to make a difference between who deserves to rule, and who has the best claim to rule Westeros.

The best claim has Daenaerys, as the Baratheon-line stole the throne and Dany is the last sucessor of the Targaeryen line. I believe Aemon ist fake.

Jon deserves to rule Westeros, as he obviousely is best fit to rule, and maybe will, if the theory R+L=J is true... but even then he'd be just a bastard however.

A: The Baratheon line di not steal the throne - it was won in battle and was claimed by right of conquest. The same way the Targs did. Their lineage being Targ made it easier for some houses to bend the knee and swear allegiance.

B: If you believe the R + L = J than you most also believe that Jon is a legitimate heir. Remember, J & L were being guarded by the Kingsguard and the KG only has one duty and that is to guard the King.

If Stannis or mad Dany rule Westeros it might be bad (Dany's possible future child could be a good leader though). I think we can eliminate the Tyrells and Lannisters because they are power hungry bastards. Jon Snow deserves it because he is Rhaegar's son after all and he would be a good leader. Now, I think Shireen, Tommen, Myrcella or Sansa could be very good leaders and despite being incest-born T and M don't seem to be crazy like their mom (too bad they're gonna die :crying: ). So, Jon or Sansa or Shireen (I wonder if these 3 will end up fighting each other ;) )

I belive the North will rule itself and include the Riverlands under Bran. Jon will rule the South and Shireen will be given to the fire to ressurect Jon. Jon may marry Sansa.

I think in the end Stannis and Danaerys should come to an agreement after defeating the White Walkers and Stannis shoud rule.

I can see Stannis dying in the last battle against the Others and a Targaryen Jon/Dany would take the throne.

I would love to see Cersei and Jaime rule together with Tommen as their heir - but I know that's not going to happen. I'm just a lover of the Lannisters, and really believe that Jaime and Cersei belong together. Even though I hope that Jaime and Cersei end up ruling Casterly Rock together, I could never realistically see Westeros in their incapable hands.

For Westeros, I'm seriously rooting for Daenerys. What I would like her to do is burn the ugly iron chair with Drogon's flames and then let the Seven Kingdoms be independant states. Then we should have a council in King's Landing - with the Wardens of the Kingdoms + the Riverlands, where trade, alliances, marriages etc. can be arranged. With Daenerys sitting as a President or Prime Minister, so they have an unbiased voice to settle conflict between the Kingdoms.

Realistically looking at where the books are now, Cersei pretty much still has the power and if not executed for her crimes against the faith, will quickly resume being Queen Regent. I think that by the end of the books though Daenerys will have made an appearance in Westeros. Where not only will she become the Queen Regnant (Queen in her own right), but she will be 'Another Queen ... younger and more beautiful, to cast down everything you hold dear.' All I believe Cersei holds dear in her core is her claim to power over the Seven Kingdom, which will be abolished once Daenerys come along with her dragons. The only way this can change is if fAegon is actually Aegon VI, and he will become King of The Seven Kingdoms and then in true Targaryen fashion he will marry his Aunt Daenerys making her Queen Consort.

I really just think if the Iron Throne has to still be standing at the end of the novels, I think GRRM with just put the person with the best claim on there. Which even if R + L = J is true, that makes Jon a Blackfyre and a Snow, and with no alive parents to legitimize him I think his claim over Aegon will be lost.

Which even if R + L = J is true, that makes Jon a Blackfyre and a Snow, and with no alive parents to legitimize him I think his claim over Aegon will be lost.

Aegon might be fake as well.. and perhaps there's some secret evidence of who really are Jon's parents.

Aegon might be fake as well.. and perhaps there's some secret evidence of who really are Jon's parents.

That was just such a long theory, pretty much even if Aegon's fake and Jon is a Snow and a Blackfyre. Even with evidence, it only seem that a highborn parent can legitimize a bastard after getting the King to approve. (it's in a Jaime POV chapter, but I cannot find which one. Where Tommen has to sign a warrant that allows Roose Boltom to legitimize Ramsay as his hier.) With Jon being a sworn brother of the Night Watch, and no one to put in that warrant for him - as it will overrule both Daenerys' and fAegon's claims.

I could see Jon marrying Daenerys and them having children if Aegon is a fake and Jon is proved to be Rhaegar and Lynna's child.

I don't like Stannis' way of ruling. It's very cold and he doesn't listen to anybody who advises him, other that the stupid voice in his head.

:worried:

Stannis is one of the best at listening to his advisers when it comes to people in leadership positions, and he frequently incorporates the advice given to his benefit.

Davos, Melisandre and Jon are a testament to that. One's a lowborn, former criminal that most lords wouldn't give a second thought. Stannis raises him to increasingly important positions, makes sure to hear his opinion whenever he's about to embark on something significant, and encourages him to speak the truth even when he knows he won't want to hear it (while at the same time mocking his many yes men, whom he recognizes as of little value). Melisandre's a foreigner with a foreign religion, but he nonetheless takes her into his council and remains open to her warnings, and as a result is aware of the threat the Others pose and is working to prevent it. Jon frequently clashes with Stannis during his time at the Wall, and the two of them never exactly like each other, but Stannis recognizes the worth of Jon's advice and incorporates it into his own designs, and did rather well for it.

Archived