Who Deserves to Rule Westeros?

Harrad

Actually when I first saw the topic I didn't understand the word "deserves" from blood but from attitude, character etc...

So, even if he is not Rhaegar and Lyanna's kid (which I believe he is) I think John Snow is the most deserved person to rule.

He started his journey as a bastard in Winterfell with no power, he joined NW on his own will, he made Wildlings trust himself and he became one of them, then he came back to NW and made them believe he worked as a spy among the wildlings. He defended the watch against wildings. He became LC of the Watch by people’s choice. After that he took decisions that any leader would avoid (which I believe the most correct decision any leader have taken) and he gathered important support in NW.

While doing these nobody helped him. Not his father, not his uncle, not his blood etc... Also his personality changed in a good way. I think he has the right ratio between humanity vs cruelty for ruling. He is a good fighter and he has power to convince others to fight for him.

Lastly I don’t believe that his story is ended and if GRRM kills him it would be a big mistake.

• 2 weeks later...

I think that Stannis has a good claim and that he'd make a good yet very stern ruler but people wouldn't have much love for him. In fact, I think they'd hate him. He's a great character but not a very likeable one. Also, the people of Westeros have just suffered through the quick but cruel reign of Joffrey. They deserve a good king, a king who understands their needs, a king who knows what it's like to be, say, an outcast, to be poor, to be hungry etc. Stannis doesn't really fit that description.

Don't see Jaime ruling; I think it's very likely that he's the Valonqar, redeems himself by killing Cersei, and dying either in the process or shortly afterward. I really hope I'm wrong because he's my favourite character but I don't see him surviving.

Dany does have a good claim and my guess is that she'll end up on the Iron Throne, alongside Jon Snow, with Tyrion as the Hand of the King. I could live with this scenario except that it has Jon in it. I never liked him and never will; yet, I'm convinced that he'll survive the attack in ADWD, that the Rhaegar/Lyanna-theory will turn out to be true and that Jon will, like it or not, become King of the Seven Kingdoms alongside Dany. I can already hear him complain about how he doesn't want to do that and that he doesn't want to bear that burden and that he wants to stay in the Watch because that's what he chose and because he doesn't want to break his vows again. Something like that.

• 3 weeks later...

I think that Stannis has a good claim and that he'd make a good yet very stern ruler but people wouldn't have much love for him. In fact, I think they'd hate him. He's a great character but not a very likeable one. Also, the people of Westeros have just suffered through the quick but cruel reign of Joffrey. They deserve a good king, a king who understands their needs, a king who knows what it's like to be, say, an outcast, to be poor, to be hungry etc. Stannis doesn't really fit that description.

Don't see Jaime ruling; I think it's very likely that he's the Valonqar, redeems himself by killing Cersei, and dying either in the process or shortly afterward. I really hope I'm wrong because he's my favourite character but I don't see him surviving.

Dany does have a good claim and my guess is that she'll end up on the Iron Throne, alongside Jon Snow, with Tyrion as the Hand of the King. I could live with this scenario except that it has Jon in it. I never liked him and never will; yet, I'm convinced that he'll survive the attack in ADWD, that the Rhaegar/Lyanna-theory will turn out to be true and that Jon will, like it or not, become King of the Seven Kingdoms alongside Dany. I can already hear him complain about how he doesn't want to do that and that he doesn't want to bear that burden and that he wants to stay in the Watch because that's what he chose and because he doesn't want to break his vows again. Something like that.

I just don't see how we can be five books in and people are still convinced GRR Martin is going to just drag it on a little for two more books to pull of their happy little ending. How many people have you hoped would save the day so far, only to end up seeing their head on a spike or exchanged for a wolfs head?

If there's one thing I'm certain of it is that what you want to happen, wont happen. GRR Martin has promised us a bittersweet ending. And a D&J ending wouldn't taste bitter in your mouth. Dany wont ever meet Jon, Jon is not Targaryen and wont ascend the throne. That's the bitter, the sweet is that the Others are defeated again and Winter comes to an end.

R+L=Edric Dayne

Jon is the bastard son of Benjen Stark and Ashara Dayne, conceived at Harrenhal.

Ned brings Edric Dayne and Dawn from the Tower of Joy to Starfall, after promising Lyanna to keep him safe.

Edric Dayne is swapped for Jon Snow, who Ned promise to bring up as his bastard.

Lyanna's son is now safely hidden, where he will go unnoticed.

Ashara Dayne throws herself from the tower, griefstricken by having her son taken from her.

Dawn = Lightbringer

Azor Ahai was a Dayne.

Jon is a descendant of Azor Ahai.

The fallen star is beneath Winterfell

Ramsay/Roose attempts to make a lightbringer sword of their own and temper it in fake Arya's heart

Jon tempers his lightbringer sword in real Aryas heart

Jon defeats the Great Other

Jon learns that Coldhands is Azor Ahai

Jon becomes the next Coldhands for Bran

Edric Dayne and Dany hooks up to produce more Targ incest babies between Auntie & Nephew

The story is brought full circle

• 3 months later...

Well,

Jon is reanimated and the Crows will not accept him.

Jon heads to Winterfell.

Bran sees Jon, the Crow dies.

Bran orders the Children to follow him.

They make their way to the Wall with Coldhands and company. (Jojen may survive)

Jojen's kinsmen meet Bran and company at the Wall. Coldhands.....

Arya is sent to King's Landing to kill the Abomination.

Bran sees her through the heart tree at KL and whispers to her.

Jaime and the Hound arrive in KL

Arya kills Gregorstien.

In the ensuing choas, the Hound kills Cersei.

Arya Jaime and the Hound head North with both pieces of Ice

Nymeria leaps on Arya and the facelessperon becomes a wolf girl again.

Jon, Bran and Arya meet at Winterfell. Ice is reforged.

The Hound and Jaime head off to find Brienne and Sansa, with directions from Bran.

Rickon and Whatsername have been hiding in Winterfell, and were picking off Ramsay Bolton's men.

The Blackfish and his men join them.

With Bran's seeing powers, the Stark wolves and Arya'a abilities, the Starks and the Northmen sweep down on the Twins and eradicate the Freys.

Edmure Tully and his Frey bride are spared.

The Starks claim the Crossing and pull down the towers.

The Starks and the Northmen take Riverrun and install The Blackfish.

Bran stays with the Blackfish and Children at Riverrrun until Winterfell can be rebuilt.

The Starks take the Neck.

WIthout a strong Lannister, the Starks take Lannisport.

The Hound gathers the warriors of the cyrstal (or whatever) to him.

And how Tyrion, Dany, Edric Dayne, Little Finger, Sansa, Stoneheart, Samwell, Stannis, Mel, Patch Face, the Pack of Wizards, The Sand Snakes, The Dragons, the schemeing Maesters, and scattered Iron Men, true and false Targs, and the rest wind it all up is beyond me.

If R+L=J is true then I would say Jon. Because he is one of the few characters in westeros who doesn't want the throne nor power and he is a good person but is known for making terrible desisions, but I bieleve that's just because he has a short time to choose... But I choose Denearys. Stannis is cool but lacks temperament.

Well, if we're talking about who should reign after King Robert Baratheon, then I think Stannis is the rightful ruler of the Seven Kingdoms. But the TRUE ruler of the Seven Kingdoms, in my opinion should be Daenerys. She'd be loved by millions, and has all the rights in the world to rule. I don't believe this Young Griff kid is actually a Targaryen.

Archived