Who Deserves to Rule Westeros?

Harrad

Dont laugh at me. Tyrion.

Why? Because he has the wits and knowledge to keep a realm together. He is the most underappreciated person in westeros IMHO. And the most intelligent.

There are characters in the books who care only for their 'rights' as Lords and rulers and couldn't give a shit about the common folk, Tyrion is one of them. Too be fair almost every high born character in the books comes across as a bit of a prick, some more than others.

Anyway Stannis would make the best ruler, he does actually care about how the kingdom is run. The one thing that would hypothetically concern me is the religious angle, would he try to impose his own on an unwilling population?

Tywin would have made a great ruler, he was good with money and he would have crushed anyone who dared challenged his rule. So economic prosperity and none of that war business.

No one has the divine right to rule a Kingdom, however , I see Jon Snow becoming the new King beyond the wall,

Stannis is the only one that has a claim to it, and the only one that's worthy of being King.

Actually Daenaerys or Aegon, if he is not an imposter have the right to be fair! Stannis will not rule IMO , I reckon a Stark will come to the fore!! Anyones guess really lol

• 2 weeks later...

There are characters in the books who care only for their 'rights' as Lords and rulers and couldn't give a shit about the common folk, Tyrion is one of them. Too be fair almost every high born character in the books comes across as a bit of a prick, some more than others.

I'm not sure there is much in the way of evidence for that is there? He hardly goes around flaying the locals or burning folks out, like some that could be mentioned. Being as he isn't lord of very much at al,l when does Tyrion actually have contact with his 'common folk'? At KL when he's acting Hand he's a lot more sympathetic to their plight than the likes of Cersei, it seems to me. This wouldn't be another case of just not liking the character would it?

• 2 weeks later...

Anyway Stannis would make the best ruler, he does actually care about how the kingdom is run. The one thing that would hypothetically concern me is the religious angle, would he try to impose his own on an unwilling population?

Tywin would have made a great ruler, he was good with money and he would have crushed anyone who dared challenged his rule. So economic prosperity and none of that war business.

The only reason tywin would make a great ruler is because he only cares about his bloodline. The Lannisters. He aligns himself with anyone who would help his family. Also his big army and deep pockets would not hurt his cause as well. He is insensitive to the common folks. He is a male version of Cerscei who does not entertain petty beefs. He sees the big picture of everything.

Tyrion, as someone said in ADWD book would be the great ruler of Westeros, not Jamie.

I'm on my third time re-read of ASoIAF, and it is soooo surprising to me that there are so many people on this thread that not only thinks an usurper's brother deserves to be king but actually WANTS him to be king. I'll definitely grant that Stannis is a capable commander during war time besides during the attempted sack at King's Landing, which is a huuuuge blow to his chances at the Iron Throne.

But forget the question of who SHOULD be King... Its all messed up anyways since only 12 years ago there was an usurper who didn't deserve it but fought to win it so if you support Stannis you really shouldn't be using the word "deserve" or "right(s)"... I think it's pretty unfair for anyone to not side with the Targs as far as a question of who SHOULD be ruling if you want to play the right of succession game/deserves to because of a historical argument.

It's even MORE insane that so many people on this thread seemingly WANT Stannis to be king.

In AGoT, you don't see much of Stannis and really the only reason the reader has any sort of tie to him is through our love of Dear Ole Ned...which, let's be honest, Ned makes idiotic decision after idiotic decision as soon as he leaves Winterfell (as do pretty much all Starks as their brains seem to somehow melt as they go South...excluding Aria as she is turning into Batman and most likely will return North again at some point).

Plus, consider this...Ned and Little Finger's discussion at night when Ned tells LF he knows the identity of the lannister children then leads Ned to tell LF that he is going to make Stannis king...LF tries to tell him that this would be a horrible decision for some pretty correct facts (plus it would obviously be bad for LF's own selfish plans), but then realizes that Ned is a total moron when it comes to politics and then basically lies to him about the gold cloaks.

Until then, Ned was a pretty useful tool for LF to use, but if Ned just was going to turn it over to a man that LF couldn't use there's really no need for Ned anymore and he can be betrayed at that point.

But, I digress on why Stannis is such a douche and should not be liked or rooted for by anyone....

For some more facts from the text, Stannis fans can go ahead and check these out:

1) The limp dick wanted to outlaw brothels and drinking - a real man of the people and I'm sure would get the commoners vote for king after that initiative was put on the table...

2) His brothers, personal bannermen, the River Lords, and almost anyone in contact with him generally can't stand him and wouldn't want him to be king...I mean I would probably feel the same way if I had to constantly hear him grinding his teeth when making decisions.

3) In a ACoK's prologue and from Maester Cressen's point of view, we REALLY see what a jealous beotch Stannis really is who because he's never been good enough somehow thinks hits finally his time to shine...He even makes Maester Cressen put on Patch Face's crown because his annoying wife first said so? Ok thanks, bully...

4) He's a freaking kin slayer...Kin slayers and people who don't observe guest rites get a really bad ending.

So, in summary, Stannis ruling and the WW's winning would pretty much have the same result for the world of Westeros - everyone walking around pissed off and pretty much as good as dead.

Who should be ruling at the end?...The series is called "A Song of Ice and Fire", the writer a self-proclaimed "romantic", and GRRM even further saying (and here's a summary for you) this story is basically about a family getting back its power...hmmm...Jon meet Dani, Dani meet Jon.

I'm on my third time re-read of ASoIAF, and it is soooo surprising to me that there are so many people on this thread that not only thinks an usurper's brother deserves to be king but actually WANTS him to be king. I'll definitely grant that Stannis is a capable commander during war time besides during the attempted sack at King's Landing, which is a huuuuge blow to his chances at the Iron Throne.

But forget the question of who SHOULD be King... Its all messed up anyways since only 12 years ago there was an usurper who didn't deserve it but fought to win it so if you support Stannis you really shouldn't be using the word "deserve" or "right(s)"... I think it's pretty unfair for anyone to not side with the Targs as far as a question of who SHOULD be ruling if you want to play the right of succession game/deserves to because of a historical argument.

It's even MORE insane that so many people on this thread seemingly WANT Stannis to be king.

In AGoT, you don't see much of Stannis and really the only reason the reader has any sort of tie to him is through our love of Dear Ole Ned...which, let's be honest, Ned makes idiotic decision after idiotic decision as soon as he leaves Winterfell (as do pretty much all Starks as their brains seem to somehow melt as they go South...excluding Aria as she is turning into Batman and most likely will return North again at some point).

Plus, consider this...Ned and Little Finger's discussion at night when Ned tells LF he knows the identity of the lannister children then leads Ned to tell LF that he is going to make Stannis king...LF tries to tell him that this would be a horrible decision for some pretty correct facts (plus it would obviously be bad for LF's own selfish plans), but then realizes that Ned is a total moron when it comes to politics and then basically lies to him about the gold cloaks.

Until then, Ned was a pretty useful tool for LF to use, but if Ned just was going to turn it over to a man that LF couldn't use there's really no need for Ned anymore and he can be betrayed at that point.

But, I digress on why Stannis is such a douche and should not be liked or rooted for by anyone....

For some more facts from the text, Stannis fans can go ahead and check these out:

1) The limp dick wanted to outlaw brothels and drinking - a real man of the people and I'm sure would get the commoners vote for king after that initiative was put on the table...

2) His brothers, personal bannermen, the River Lords, and almost anyone in contact with him generally can't stand him and wouldn't want him to be king...I mean I would probably feel the same way if I had to constantly hear him grinding his teeth when making decisions.

3) In a ACoK's prologue and from Maester Cressen's point of view, we REALLY see what a jealous beotch Stannis really is who because he's never been good enough somehow thinks hits finally his time to shine...He even makes Maester Cressen put on Patch Face's crown because his annoying wife first said so? Ok thanks, bully...

4) He's a freaking kin slayer...Kin slayers and people who don't observe guest rites get a really bad ending.

So, in summary, Stannis ruling and the WW's winning would pretty much have the same result for the world of Westeros - everyone walking around pissed off and pretty much as good as dead.

Who should be ruling at the end?...The series is called "A Song of Ice and Fire", the writer a self-proclaimed "romantic", and GRRM even further saying (and here's a summary for you) this story is basically about a family getting back its power...hmmm...Jon meet Dani, Dani meet Jon.

Targaryens usurped 6 thrones.

Targaryens usurped 6 thrones.

True...It would be awesome if it went back that way where there wasn't one ruler but many. I can't see that happening if dragons are alive, but maybe they will be gone by the end of the series although I doubt GRRM would bring them back after a long absence to just get rid of them again.

The main point was why so many people were all about Stannis?? The Targs usurped thrones because they had dragons, Bob did because he basically had 4 of the 7 families (5 if you count the Lannisters at the end)...There's no way Stannis is going to be able to with the scattered remnants of the North who are only helping him because of their hate of the Boltons/Freys.

True...It would be awesome if it went back that way where there wasn't one ruler but many. I can't see that happening if dragons are alive, but maybe they will be gone by the end of the series although I doubt GRRM would bring them back after a long absence to just get rid of them again.

The main point was why so many people were all about Stannis?? The Targs usurped thrones because they had dragons, Bob did because he basically had 4 of the 7 families (5 if you count the Lannisters at the end)...There's no way Stannis is going to be able to with the scattered remnants of the North who are only helping him because of their hate of the Boltons/Freys.

Having dragons is one thing. Using them as mount and going to War is another.

Stannis. He is the true King by all laws of men. He's probably the best person to have it at this point in time.

Why, some people makes a very valid point hinting that Jon Snow might not be Ned's but the child of Rhaegar and Lyanna. Jon's claim to the Iron Throne could be stronger than Daenarys'. Stannis is Robert's heir by all laws of men but Robert was an usurper. Jon could very well claim the throne.

Jon being Targaryan kind could also result in him being Azor Azai.

And since he "killed the boy and let the man be grown", he seems the more worthy. Daenarys rule like a child - a wise child but a child yet.

Having dragons is one thing. Using them as mount and going to War is another

Dani has already mounted Drogon and the other two have already been described as being large now and have killed men and animals...I think it's a safe assumption that they are going to be used as war machines with us as readers finding out who get to be the other two riders.

GRRM has even said that in hindsight he left Dani too long at Myrene with the dragons...

Dani has already mounted Drogon and the other two have already been described as being large now and have killed men and animals...I think it's a safe assumption that they are going to be used as war machines with us as readers finding out who get to be the other two riders.

GRRM has even said that in hindsight he left Dani too long at Myrene with the dragons...

The Princess and The Queen: Is not imposssible to kill a dragon using the enviroment (the dragon who fell in the ocean) or kill the rider. Hard but not impossible. And you remember the the fact they had no skinchanger, one could at least try to skinchange the rider (causing a fall) or the dragon itself, or an eagle to take the rider off.

The last man standing.... Tyrion.

A Game of Thrones Chapter 5 - Jon:

"I don't even know who my mother was," Jon said.

" Some woman, no doubt. Most of them are." He favored Jon with a rueful grin. "Remember this, boy. All dwarfs may be bastards, yet not all bastards need be dwarfs." And with that he turned an sauntered back into the feast, whistling a tune. When he opened the door, the light from within threw his shadow clear across the yard, and for just a moment Tyrion Lannister stood tall as a king.

AGOT Chapter 21 - Tyrion

"Oh, I think that Lord Tyrion is quite a large man," Maester Aemon said from the far end of the table. He spoke softly, yet the high officers of the Night's Watch all fell quiet, the better to hear what the ancient had to say. "I think he is a giant come among us, here at the end of the world."

Archived