Varys and Ros/QoT [Book Spoilers]

It will all still work the same. The only difference is, you now know more details of the reasoning. Varys tells the Tyrells about LFs plans so they can stop him. Peter tells the Lannisters of Varys and the Tyrells plans in order to keep Sansa in Kings Landing. He then goes to the Eyrie and uses Dontos to communicate an escape with Sansa. Once she escapes, he will have been gone for months at the Eyrie.

The only part they really added was Varys knowledge of the original plan, but Varys has his own plans as well. Causing a war between Kings Landing and the Eyrie may hinder his plans to back the Targaryens.

Doesn't Varys disappear at the same time as Sansa? Or roughly at least.

Also, why would the QoT help the Lannisters find Sansa?

It's all good in my head just now. Who knows though?

No, Varys disappears after he frees Tyrion and facilitates Tywin's murder. He's openly around during Tyrion's trial.

Keeping in mind that Varys' actual interest is instability on the Iron Throne to facilitate the return of the Targaryen claimants, he's much happier with a missing Sansa that could be recovered (or not) at a time of his choosing. If that keeps Littlefinger's anti-Lannister schemes active as well, so much the better.

It will all still work the same. The only difference is, you now know more details of the reasoning. Varys tells the Tyrells about LFs plans so they can stop him. Peter tells the Lannisters of Varys and the Tyrells plans in order to keep Sansa in Kings Landing. He then goes to the Eyrie and uses Dontos to communicate an escape with Sansa. Once she escapes, he will have been gone for months at the Eyrie.

The only part they really added was Varys knowledge of the original plan, but Varys has his own plans as well. Causing a war between Kings Landing and the Eyrie may hinder his plans to back the Targaryens.

By "hinder" do you mean "facilitate?"

There will be less suspicion that LF has Sansa if he is gone from the city long before the PW and her disappearance. In the book he'd been gone for a while and was waiting on a boat for her to be brought to him.

Varys and QoT assume both their plan and LFs has been foiled when Sansa is married to Tyron. Makes sense that they wouldn't suspect LF still has her after he's been gone for so long from the city

So I've been lurking these forums a monthish now, so hopefully I don't sound too much the fool in my thoughts.

(Done on an iPad, apologies for grammar)

Regarding Littlefinger, for some reason I think he has a partial alliance with the Tyrells, as he helped bring them to KL early on. He seems, to me, be a man of patience almost as great as Varys. I think before he's left he's set up the PW with the QoT, considering she's the one that puts Joff's death into motion. However, this doesn't necessarily mean that the QoT knows his later plan to remove Sansa the same night.

When it comes to Ros either she's being baited, or she will be a triple agent and take over Dontos role by the time of the PW. Now either way I think he wants to leak information to Varys to set Sansa in motion as a piece of the game, as her role somewhat downgraded with the entrance of Marg, and only has significance after the RW. With Sansa getting married off, people will then assume her claim, though later on the lannisters weasel their own way to manipulate a claim for the Boltons with fake Arya.

In essence, I think that LF's ultimate plan was always to get her out during the PW during the chaos, as it's enough chaos to put major pieces of the game into chaos as well as lowering their guard on say Sansa. This all boils down to my assumption that QoT&LF conspired to end Joff. This also means that Varys is out of the loop, but I don't think that it hurts his plans all too much considering his motions after and by the end of Tyrions trial.

Let me know of any issues there might be, as its my first time here and I don't tend to construct theories on stuff terribly often. (And hi btw, I've enjoyed reading thoughts of people since I started glancing across this forum)

• 2 months later...

I agree the QoT probably was unaware of Sansa's quick departure after the PW, her only agenda was Margerys safety. I am caught off guard by LF telling Sansa about the QoT and her involvement in the kingslaying. Wonder how much of what LF tells Sansa is true.

Archived