Daenerys will destroy Westeros... my fan theory as to the series resolution

Athenais

So here is my little fan theory about where I think the story is going.

Firstly, I think a lot of people are invested in the idea of Daenerys and John Snow somehow teaming up and eradicating the others. I think that may have been GRRMs original plan, but I will be shocked if he ends up sticking to it. I think his story has gotten a bit out of his control, and his original plans have clearly been shifted more than once. The trajectory I think that Daenerys' story in particular is on, is not one of saving Westeros, but one of intentionally decimating it.

I believe that we know enough about Dany to predict her future behaviour, especially in the context of what her reaction to Westeros will be. I imagine that she will arrive, and pull a Meereen on the place (conquer it fairly easily, get herself on the iron throne, and than hate it so hard). We know how she feels about slavery, and I think she has internalized a romantic notion that everybody in Westeros is free (something that the novels have gone out of their way to illustrate is not actually the case). She will be furious when she sees how the small folk are essentially slaves, moreso because she is currently operating under the assumption that her future kingdom is some kind anti-slavery paradise.

We also know she has little patient for the squabbling of noble families, and she will have absolutely no investment in any of the noble houses of Westeros. The only feelings she can reasonably have for any of them are towards the houses who rebelled against her family (so not nice feelings). With the possible exception of the Martells, she is unlikely to care any more about what the nobility wants in Westeros than she was invested in the wants of the nobility of Meereen.

Furthermore, she gave an inch to the Meereenese nobles, and look where it got her. I think if anything, her experience in Essos has made her even less likely to have any patience for the Westerosi ruling elite.

We also know that Dany has no end game. She knows she is barren, and so her motivation for retaking the Iron Throne is bereft of any notion of building a family legacy. With the Joan of Arc complex which is only escalating at this point, she is becoming less like Aegon the Conquorer and more like Melisandre, she does not wish to build an empire as much as she wants to scourge the world of what she perceives as evil.

And make no mistake, she is going to think Westeros is full of evil. Providing she ever makes it across the narrow sea, she is not going to like what she finds in the home she has a “right to”.

So I think she is going to try and kill everybody. She is going to get fed up, and than it will become beyond questioning that The Others have returned, and are massing an army just north of the wall. Everybody will panic and look to her and her dragons, and say “help us! What are we going to do?”, and than Dany will say “I know what needs to be done”.

And than she will ride her dragons north, and blast down the wall. And the Others will kill pretty much everybody.

Alternately, she will try to do this and either be convinced not to or stopped somehow (I think depending on how things go with the Stark children, they may be the ones who somehow stop her) but I am fairly certain that at some point near the end, the greatest peril Westeros will face will be one angry, world weary and zealous 16 year old Targaryen.

Thoughts?

Ah more Dany is "crazy and vengeful" stuff.

To be honest Aegon will be on the Throne by the time she gets there and then the fight will be between them.

Yeah, and by the time she defeats (F)Aegon The Others might have crossed The Wall or she'll have some kind of warning of The Others attacking.

I'm on board with the 'Dany is an antagonist' part. She's going to be surrounded by the worst advisors, leading the worst armies, fighting against a probably Aegon-united south.

But just deciding to go Bane on Westeros? I doubt she's going to give up what she believes belongs to her because she's too 'moral' or some such.

You guys really think Aegon is going to end up on the throne? I would be surprised if he survives the sixth book. The poor kid doesn't have a chance... him winning would be way too good for Westeros (and apparently GRRM hates it when things work out generally alright for the place).

I really think she is going to fight her way onto the throne and than have enough of it almost immediately.

As to the op, i think that there is a chance that she will become more "evil" but i don't know if it is to you're degree.

Thats the thing, I don't think by the time it happens it will seem all that evil. Not any more evil that destroying the slaver cities anyways. I am kind of already there... fed up with Westeros I mean lol.

She is in a pretty bad situation. She has no allies in westeros - the last possibility was Dorne which she lost when Quentyn got himself burned. They Tyrells already hold the iron throne so they probably wont be helping her - Aegon might but there has been a lot of foreshadowing about a second dance of dragons so we can conclude that even he'll end up fighting her, The North remembers the mad king and I doubt they'll be up for helping his daughter.

So if she is dead set on gaining the iron throne and uniting the 7 kingdoms she'll have to kill a lot of people - and westeros being in it's weakened state with an upcoming invasion of others probably won't be able to take it.

With his brilliant tactical mind, the most powerful warg/green seer known to us, and good old fashioned steel.

Why would the most powerful warg/greenseer help Stannis?? Stannis could not be bothered to help the Ned or the Young Wolf when they needed it - why should the Starks now help the man?? On top of that he(or his crazy withch) is busy burning their gods - hardly incentive to join up with Stannis.

IMO - he'll end up dead at the hands of the great northern conspiracy.

Why would the most powerful warg/greenseer help Stannis?? Stannis could not be bothered to help the Ned or the Young Wolf when they needed it - why should the Starks now help the man?? On top of that he(or his crazy withch) is busy burning their gods - hardly incentive to join up with Stannis.

IMO - he'll end up dead at the hands of the great northern conspiracy.

Nonsense. Bran is likely to see the justice and morality of stannis' cause and want to kill dragons(or at least prevent dany from using them.) he is far more likely to be sympathetic to stannis whom is father wanted for king and who has the support if Jon. Also how was stannis supposed to help Ned?

And he did help Robb by killing renly and attacking kl, it's no his fault Robb could not properly command his subordinates resulting in a tywin victory and Robb's head on a wolf.

In the winter, the lone wolf dies(or gets absolutely screwed by lannisters, in this case) but the pack survives. That is the most basic of lessons. An independent north on its own has absolutely no chance of facing the others and surviving. They lost about 17k men in the south, if they turn on stannis they are like to win(so long as its before those sellswords show up) but it will bleed them even more.

This guy knows whats up. Seriously I firmly believe Stannis is the greatest living general in Westeros at the conclusion of ADWD.

I agree with most of your post. However, a bit of what he did or the ideas that he had in aDwD, came by way of Jon's help. Don't worry, i'm pro Stannis and want him on the Throne.

Archived