Daenerys will destroy Westeros... my fan theory as to the series resolution

Athenais

Whenever i hear about all these dany turning evil at the end, it just sounds too much like frodo turning on sam in the end of LOTR. I think it would just be a gimmicky "twist" if that happened to her at the end.

What i think will actually happen, is that all of westeros is in disaray with all the wars. All Aegon is doing is making it worse by brining dorne into the fight. Dany is going to come and unite it all and then we will see what happens with the others. I find a sacrafice of dany at the end to save the world more proabable than her turning evil.

Well said, but I think the source for that tale reaching the North has to be Davos, who was a witness. Or, much less likely Melisandre or Stannis himself, but I can't see either of them revealing something that they both should be profoundly ashamed of.

True, Davos is a possibility, but so far I just have a hard time imagining why he'd talk. Clearly this is something that would strain Stannis's relations with the north, and Davos is even more loyal to Stannis than E-Ro -- if such a thing is possible. I suppose GRRM could work something out if he wanted to, but I lack the imagination to determine what that might be.

The only scenario I can envision involving Mel would be this: She comes to believe that Jon, not Stannis, is AAR, and so she tries to convince him of this. He is reluctant, for good reason. He trusts her little enough as it is, and accepting the mantle of AAR could put him in conflict with Stannis. In a desperate attempt to waylay his misgivings, she confesses that Stannis tried to murder his brother with magic. Of course, if she did this it would implicate her, and Jon might kill her himself for that. (Nissa Nissa? :rofl: )

Still, doesn't seem too likely to me. I'll go with Bran.

That'll be an interesting scene to read and I don't think the northmen are going to think it didn't have any effect - Blood sacrifice was a regular practice in the north till pretty recently, they probably believe in some magical power of blood.

Agreed, I think that if the story got out, plenty of people would believe that the magic was real. When I said it didn't have any effect, I was referring to knowledge that is possessed by readers rather than in-story characters.

That being said, I bet there are certain individuals who would be skeptical of the magic itself and focus more on the intent. Jon, for instance. In any case, whether people believe in the magic or not, their reaction will be about the same.

As usual, people are blowing the whole "OMG STANNIS USED LEECHES TO KILL ROBB" thing way out of proportion. For starts, Robbs death had been being planned by Tywin Lannister, Roose Bolton and Walder Frey as far back as ACoK. Why the hell would they ever find out? The only witnesses of it were Stannis, Mel and Davos, all of whom are too smart to actually risk mentioning it to the Northmen...actually believing that will make any kind of difference at all is just grasping at straws.

Stannis is going to use The North to help him take the Iron Throne. Patchface foretold that he would use Manderlys fleet at some point later in the books. He'll probably get the Riverlands and Vale on his side as well.

Yes, I believe I understand. Nothing bad will ever happen to Stannis again, ever.

Don't believe at all Dany will end destroying Westeros

- she will learn the full truth about her father's madness and brother's actions far before reaching Westeros (she is half way to currently, and will likely learn what is missing the next time she sees Barristan or the first she meets Tyrion)

- if Marwyn reach her, she will learn about the real enemies of dragons, and that Robert's rebellion was orchestrated by them

- she will have learned to live in reality and won't repeat the errors she made at Astrapor / Mereen

- she will have spent her adult life working with people of dubious morality, sellswords, renegade lords etc.... under her orders, she has no reason to be shocked when she'll discover most Westeros lords are no better, nor to become their pawn

- I see absolutely no prophecy about dragons breaking the wall or helping the others, I see lot of propheties about the promised prince *saving* the world using some power related with fire, very probably being her or someone of her dynasty (eventually she'll have to sacrifice herself and won't even end in power)

Whenever i hear about all these dany turning evil at the end, it just sounds too much like frodo turning on sam in the end of LOTR.

You do know that only happened in the movies right?

I'm not sure about it, but stating Dany is going to win the IT and defeat the others without that costing her anything..... well, if I want to keep my little sister happy, I'll let her watch my little pony.

- if Marwyn reach her, she will learn about the real enemies of dragons, and that Robert's rebellion was orchestrated by them

Are you suggesting that the Maesters, in some grand conspiracy, orchestrated Robert's Rebellion. I thought I knew all the theories, but I have not heard of this one, could you elaborate?

You do know that only happened in the movies right?

I'm not sure about it, but stating Dany is going to win the IT and defeat the others without that costing her anything..... well, if I want to keep my little sister happy, I'll let her watch my little pony.

never read the LOTR books but i was refering to the movie yes

Clearly you guys didnt actually get what I am saying. I think she will knock the wall down, to unite everybody against them and shake things up. I think she will realize that Westeros is beyond fixing, it needs to be rebuilt and I think thats how she will do it.

I dont think she is going to "go crazy" and "kill everybody". I think by the time it comes to that, it will actually seem like the best thing to do.

This is a terrible theory.

"She's going to try and kill everybody.". Seriously?

Honestly, I always thought the reason all the Stark kids end up either dead or assumed dead was because when Dany returns, all the families of the usurper dogs will die. All the Lannisters, all the Baratheons, all the Aryns, and all the Starks. But what's this? All the Starks are already dead, ok will never mind then, I'll just ride my dragons up to the wall and die under 40 feet of snow while battling the others.

But at this point, I don't even know if Dany will return to Westeros, possibly most of the North know about one living Stark or another, and the Lannisters, Arryns, and Baratheons don't have many living members left.

This is a terrible theory.

"She's going to try and kill everybody.". Seriously?

Hardly - She has no allies in westeros, no friends and even the family she does have is going to end up fighting her - she'll do a lot of killing before ending up on the iron throne. With the others coming there is a good chance her invasion could weaken westeros to the brink of destruction. Also she is the daughter of a guy who was ready to nuke(in medieval terms) an entire city just so that an usurper won't get to rule it. Danny has been showing some faint signs of that same madness - which might become more predominant after her being possibly a prisoner of Jhaqo's Khalasar ( not a popular theory - but Jhaqo could very well take her captive and the captivity might have the same effect on her that the Duskendale Defiance had on Aerys)

Hardly - She has no allies in westeros, no friends and even the family she does have is going to end up fighting her - she'll do a lot of killing before ending up on the iron throne. With the others coming there is a good chance her invasion could weaken westeros to the brink of destruction. Also she is the daughter of a guy who was ready to nuke(in medieval terms) an entire city just so that an usurper won't get to rule it. Danny has been showing some faint signs of that same madness - which might become more predominant after her being possibly a prisoner of Jhaqo's Khalasar ( not a popular theory - but Jhaqo could very well take her captive and the captivity might have the same effect on her that the Duskendale Defiance had on Aerys)

She does.

I agree. I also like the last part very much but Aerys was kind of sane before

DD when Dany was never sane.

From book 1 she has shown sights of madness and arrogance now she is in a whole new level: she is Aerys mas, delusional psychotic pyromaniac

Well, at least she couldn't possibly be any more delusional than this post. I get that you don't like her, but ffs, this just isn't in the text.

Well, at least she couldn't possibly be any more delusional than this post. I get that you don't like her, but ffs, this just isn't in the text.

what isn't in the text? That she "sees" Quaithe? That she is pyromaniac? Or that she is psychotic with all those prophecies? That she closes her eyes and ears to the truth and refuse to listen and learn?

Archived