Daenerys will destroy Westeros... my fan theory as to the series resolution

Athenais

House Greyjoy.

Anyway, I also believe that the Tyrells will join Dany eventually.

Then she would have to cut House Greyjoy loose. Since the Ironborn currently have Tyrell vassals as their targets of reaving and raping through the Reach.

In the winter, the lone wolf dies(or gets absolutely screwed by lannisters, in this case) but the pack survives. That is the most basic of lessons. An independent north on its own has absolutely no chance of facing the others and surviving. They lost about 17k men in the south, if they turn on stannis they are like to win(so long as its before those sellswords show up) but it will bleed them even more.

Yeah, cause the south is SO united, and have SO many mans in the back up. heh. And of course, how can 10.000 men that know the terrain defeat 1000 southerners that are dying of cold, and some sellswords that will froze their asses the moment they arrive. Stannis is better starting to try some black clothes, cause that's the only way I see him keeping his head.

Never understood how it is so accepted that the Others are evil, but the dragons are not.

Maybe because one reanimates the corpses of the dead, spreads mortal cold and ice and looks poised to destroy and consume the world of the living. They craft weapons, devise battle plans, and show no mercy.

And the other eats sheep (one possible exception), and generally behaves with no more cruelty or malice then any other predatory animal.

Others do not make a habit of letting humans who see them survive. Plenty of people have lived in close proximity to the dragons and not even been threatened, let alone hurt or killed by them.

And the other eats sheep (one possible exception), and generally behaves with no more cruelty or malice then any other predatory animal.

Others do not make a habit of letting humans who see them survive. Plenty of people have lived in close proximity to the dragons and not even been threatened, let alone hurt or killed by them.

Have you seen Harrenhal lately?

I can also see Dany going nuts if one of her dragons leaves her. "Dragons are not slaves", but if one goes to someone because of the horn or chooses a new master of its own accord I don't think she will take that well. Drogon is hers, but I can see Viserion flying off to Jon or Rhaegal to Aegon or Victarion. Dance With Dragons there...

I agree with you that she wouldn't be happy, but on the other hand, in that situation what the hell is she supposed to do? Again, I seem to be the one person of the opinion that if it comes down to the wire and there's nowhere for her, she has to either "deal with it" or go insane, she'll choose to deal. Or kill herself. She's considered that before, during the bleakest moments before she figured out how to survive among the Dothraki.

And I do think she'd kill herself if she spotted she was becoming a monster. Remember how upset she was when Drogon (allegedly) killed ONE child. Just one. No way would she raze smallfolk and execute entire families. It'd be against everything she values.

Anyway, I don't think she'll fight one of her own "children." Yes Drogon is the biggest, but for her to kill one of her own dragons would break her heart into pieces.

Edit: that said, if it was a choice between killing her dragon or KNOWING he was going to fall into the hands of an enemy... that'd be a hard one...

and Davos is even more loyal to Stannis than E-Ro -- if such a thing is possible.

ehhhhh, im not so sure. I would say at most our love for Stannis is equal, no way davos loves him more brah.

I'm sure Aegon's camp will accuse her of laying waste to Westeros once the Dance of the Dragon's war between them starts. Interestingly, I could see the people in Aegon's camp who think he is legitimate accusing Dany of being a Usurper for fighting him! Dany being called Usurper, wouldn't that be funny? :D

But I actually think the seeds have been planted for the Dornish (meaning Aegon's side) to start the Dance of the Dragons war, not Dany. That's what Quentyn's death was about imo. The Dornish sent their Prince to her, and he wound up getting killed by a Dragon. Those notoriously hot-tempered and prideful Dornish won't be too happy about this now will they? So while Aegon's camp (a very large portion of the South imo) will certainly portray Dany as the villain here, I think it will be their side that actually instigates the whole mess.

Those notoriously hot-tempered and prideful Dornish won't be too happy about this now will they?

probably not, but HOW unhappy they'll be probably depends on which story they hear.

If they're told "Daenerys disappeared and Quentyn died while trying to steal a dragon from her dragonpit," they'll probably judge things differently then if they are told, "Quentyn offered her Dorne's alliance and she laughed in his face and fed him to her dragon."

Maybe because one reanimates the corpses of the dead, spreads mortal cold and ice and looks poised to destroy and consume the world of the living. They craft weapons, devise battle plans, and show no mercy.

Wow, my mistake. Didn't realize Aegon conquered the seven kingdoms by eating all of Westeros' sheep.

Nonsense. Bran is likely to see the justice and morality of stannis' cause and want to kill dragons(or at least prevent dany from using them.) he is far more likely to be sympathetic to stannis whom is father wanted for king and who has the support if Jon. Also how was stannis supposed to help Ned?

Bran's 9 years old. I don't think he really cares about who's King.

I'm sure Aegon's camp will accuse her of laying waste to Westeros once the Dance of the Dragon's war between them starts. Interestingly, I could see the people in Aegon's camp who think he is legitimate accusing Dany of being a Usurper for fighting him! Dany being called Usurper, wouldn't that be funny? :D

Question on this... not being snarky just generally curious. How do people estimate there could possibly be time in two more novels for another war? The War of the Five Kings developed in book one and is still being fought, the war with the others has been developing for five books and the battle of Mereen has been brewing through two novels without conclusion. I can not possibly imagine how Dany is supposed to tie up Mereen (or untie...it is a knot) travel across the world to Westeros, pick a fight with her (f)nephew, fight a war and then have any possible bearing in whatever happens to the Others plot. I know speculation is fun but does anyone seriously believe there is enough plot left for this?

Edit: Also from everything we know of Dany does noone else believe even the possibility she may have a family member left in the world will bring her excitement and joy?

Question on this... not being snarky just generally curious. How do people estimate there could possibly be time in two more novels for another war? The War of the Five Kings developed in book one and is still being fought, the war with the others has been developing for five books and the battle of Mereen has been brewing through two novels without conclusion. I can not possibly imagine how Dany is supposed to tie up Mereen (or untie...it is a knot) travel across the world to Westeros, pick a fight with her (f)nephew, fight a war and then have any possible bearing in whatever happens to the Others plot. I know speculation is fun but does anyone seriously believe there is enough plot left for this?

Edit: Also from everything we know of Dany does noone else believe even the possibility she may have a family member left in the world will bring her excitement and joy?

GRRM confirmed in an older interview that there would be a second Dance of the Dragons war

Link

November 22, 2003

Concerning the Dance of the Dragons

Hi, short question. Will we find out more about the Dance of the Dragons in future books?

The first dance or the second?

The second will be the subject of a book. The first will be mentioned from time to time, I'm sure.

Plus there was some very blatant foreshadowing for it in a recently released TWOW spoiler chapter, so it's definitely happening. And I would take GRRM's estimate of only 2 more books with a grain of salt....the man is absolutely terrible at predicting such things. My guess is 3 more books at a minimum to wrap this story up.

But yes, I do think Dany would like the idea that Aegon is real and that she is not the only Targ left. But I think Quentyn's death, though not her fault, will tragically set in motion a series of events that leads to war between Dany and Dornish-allied Aegon.

That's a major reason why I don't believe GRRM will finish this in 7 books. After finishing ASOS, he said the 4th book would focus on Dany's return to Westeros, and that there'd be 2 more books after that (link). Now he won't even say Dany will reach Westeros in the 6th of 7 books. Is he really going to cram her entire Westeros arc into 1 book? If so, then I imagine the 2nd Dance of Dragons will last about as long as it takes for Drogon to fly to King's Landing and roast fAegon.

Also from everything we know of Dany does noone else believe even the possibility she may have a family member left in the world will bring her excitement and joy?

I agree, but I think she'll realize that fAegon is the mummer's dragon, one of the "lies" she must slay.

She could always have the Ironborn reave and pillage the Westerlands instead, getting them off the Tyrells' backs.

Sure, but the destruction is already underway, and she's a long way away. Not like she can just call up Euron and tell him he needs to stop or her alliance with him will collapse.

Archived