The Rundown of the Dance of Dragons 2.0

Fire Eater

These posts are outstanding. I don´t agree with a lot of things, but i do recognize the hard work.

I do have a mayor disagreement. I think Aegon having a dragon is a must for it to be called "Dance of dragon 2.0". We do have a confirmation that there will be another dance of dragons. Most of us agree the dance will be mostly between Dany and Aegon. But if Aegon doesn´t have dragons, there isn´t much he can do against Dany. And the war wouldn´t be worthy of being called a Dance. If a civil war between “symbolic” dragons was enough to be classified as a “Dance of Dragons”, then all the Blackfyre rebellions would be dances. Still GRRM clearly talks of only two dance of dragons.

We do have some foreshadowing about this. But TPatQ is quite clear:

History calls the struggle between King Aegon II and his sister Rhaenyra the Dance of the Dragons, but only at Tumbleton did the dragons ever truly dance. Tessarion and Seasmoke were young dragons, nimbler in the air than their older brothers had been. Time and time again they rushed one another, only to have one or the other veer away at the last instant. Soaring like eagles, stooping like hawks, they circled, snapping and roaring, spitting fire, but never closing. Once the Blue Queen vanished into a bank of cloud, only to reappear an instant later, diving on Seasmoke from behind to scorch her tail with a burst of cobalt flame. Meanwhile, Seasmoke rolled and banked and looped. One instant he would be below his foe, and suddenly he would twist in the sky and come around behind her. Higher and higher the two dragons flew, as hundreds watched from the roofs of Tumbleton. One such said afterward that the flight of Tessarion and Seasmoke seemed more mating dance than battle. Perhaps it was.

whether new dragons must appear, or someone steals one or two dragons from dany, i don´t know. But i do think, some one else is going to control dragons.

I think several POVs in the same place does not necessarily mean that some of them will have to die. Originally almost all of the POVs were at the same place and later at the Wall, we had Jon, Sam and Mel at the same time. It made possible of many important revelations.

Having said that, I agree that Barristan will not be able to make it to Westeros. In his absence, Yohn Royce can assume a similar role for Dany. His knowledge about the Targaryen family cannot equal that of Barristan's but he remembers a great deal of past events as he was present in almost all of the Tourneys that we know of. Maybe he leaves his title to his son Andar and join the Queensguard of Dany.

These posts are outstanding. I don´t agree with a lot of things, but i do recognize the hard work.

I do have a mayor disagreement. I think Aegon having a dragon is a must for it to be called "Dance of dragon 2.0". We do have a confirmation that there will be another dance of dragons. Most of us agree the dance will be mostly between Dany and Aegon. But if Aegon doesn´t have dragons, there isn´t much he can do against Dany. And the war wouldn´t be worthy of being called a Dance. If a civil war between “symbolic” dragons was enough to be classified as a “Dance of Dragons”, then all the Blackfyre rebellions would be dances.

All the Blackfyre rebellions were between two male claimants while the Dance of Dragons was between a male claimant and a female claimant, and dancing usually requires two partners of the opposite sex. There is much Aegon can do against Dany as he still has a large army, experienced and disciplined commanders, a large navy and the re-armed Faith. Dany's dragons also are still very young, and their effectiveness is more limited.

Archived