The Rundown of the Dance of Dragons 2.0

Fire Eater

I'm I the only one who thinks a Targ won't end up on the throne??

When the dance ensues I think both Dany and Aegon will end up dead.

I don't even care if the Iron Throne exists at the end of the series. Who ends up king or queen never was the point anyway. The White Walkers are coming to destroy all living things, and everything everyone has been doing has been building up who is going to stop them, how, where, and with what weapons and allies.

Right now my money would be on Dany winning the Dance and bringing her dragons to burn some Weights, but honestly, I think that'd be way too straightforward for GRRM. So I'm just gonna wait and speculate.

The one issue I have with the DoD 2.0 is Dany having all 3 dragons on her side. Even if Aegon has an army, it'll be a total whitewashing because once the army flees from the dragon fire, Aegon is as good as dead. The 'dance' may last a few hours at most in that case.

However it was confirmed in some SSM or interview (I've given up looking, I read it somewhere but can't find it :frown5: ) that a person can bond with/control 1 dragon. Dany has Drogon, and unless Viserion and Rhaegal bond with someone on Dany's side, its entirely possible we see a literal dragon v dragon in the DoD 2.0.

Also there was Tyrion noting the weakness of a dragon - the eyes, nowhere else. I find it curious for Martin to drop that in, and it's entirely possible that's put into practice soon, and one of the dragons (likely V or R) is taken out.

Dany won't let a false pretender anywhere near her dragons. Aegon won't have dragons, but he'll have the larger army and good commanders like Connington and Tarly. Aegon's army is made up of the GC which has disciplined soldiers. Even if his army breaks and runs, they won't abandon Aegon.

Great post. I think that you should include in the OP the thing about Sam killing Euron as well, since that might be a major factor in the Iron Born losing if they see their king killed.

Thank you Fire Eater. :) This post has convinced me of the second Dance of Dragons, where before I did not believe that it would occur at all. The refrences you found were surprising and some seemed very difficult to find, IMO. This is a brilliant post :)

Yet in the Dance of Dragons, Oldtown backed Aegon, GRRM put that there for a reason. We don't know how well the Tyrells treated their bannermen, so I don't know how we can know if their treatment of their bannermen was "great". Calling something "silly" is not a good counterargument by the way.

Tarly will turn on Mace and that will only be the beginning. The Redwynes will not stand with the Tyrells and I suspect that they have been working with the Dornish as well. Wether they support Aegon or Dany is another question in itself.

After that came a savory snake stew, chunks of seven different sorts of snake slow-simmered in dragon peppers and blood oranges and a dash of venom to give it good bite.

All Dornishmen were snakes, and the Martells were the worst of them.

I think we will see seven members of the Martell family die in the series, with the snakes described as simmered in dragon peppers to hint at the reasons for their demise. Quentyn is already dead. When a weak Doran hears about what happened Quentyn, it will kill him. Arianne will perish in the second Dance of Dragons.

Half of the Sand Snakes will accompany Arianne to the grave. Oberyn's daughters Obara, Tyene and Nymeria are on the list of those who will die in the Dance of Dragon 2.

The seventh could be Elia Sand, who is named for a dead woman and is akin to the KoLT, Lyanna, who is also dead. I'm reluctant to name Sarella as one since she is the only one of the Sand Snakes who seems to be using her brain, and she isn't involved with House Martell's political dealings.

Why wouldn't Oberyn be one of the seven?

Why wouldn't Oberyn be one of the seven?

I have considered that, and Oberyn could be one of the seven snakes. I wonder if there will be a certain irony in Doran's words: "Go to your girls, Ellaria. I swear to you, no harm will come to them." I think it will be poor Elia Sand if it comes to that, possibly from trying to drive a lance down a dragon's throat.

Tarly will turn on Mace and that will only be the beginning. The Redwynes will not stand with the Tyrells and I suspect that they have been working with the Dornish as well. Wether they support Aegon or Dany is another question in itself.

Redwynes and Tyrells are kin. Olenna is a Redwyne so I don't think the Redwynes would fuck the Tyrells over.

Redwynes and Tyrells are kin. Olenna is a Redwyne so I don't think the Redwynes would fuck the Tyrells over.

The Redwynes have had their seat, the Arbor, sacked with KL hardly lifting a finger to deal with the Ironmen. By aiding Aegon, they wouldn't be fighting unseat the Tyrells from HG but Tommen from KL. The Tyrells may be kin by both blood and marriage, but what is it worth supporting their cause when it results in your lands being invaded by Ironmen? When it comes to lords, the safety of their lands comes first, and when the royal government fails to perform its basic function of providing security, then it won't be hard to support another claimant who does provide security against threats the lords' lands.

I would like add something about Quaithe's directions to Dany;

"To go North you must go south, To reach the west you must go east, To go forward you must go back and to touch the light you must pass beneath the shadow"

As we know the landing in the Vale, can be considered East and thus she has reached the west, Dany is set up to fight the others, after she lands in the vale, she will go south to KL, confront Aegon and defeat whoever is in KL, then take ships and go North to land in White Harbor, and from there to the Wall. So this fulfills to go North you must go south.

Now I know this conflicts with the Dream/Vision she saw about facing an army armored in Ice on the Trident, however it doesn't necessarily have to be Dany's first engagement with the others, she will go to the wall, there has to be a breach in the wall so that the others can pass and come south of the wall, because the runes of the First Men protect the wall magically, that is why we haven't seen any dead bodies turn into wights south of the wall, moving on the forces at the wall will retreat and again engage the others at the Trident.

Now I know i have not mentioned Jon because i cant place him where exactly he will be, perhaps in the lands of the always winter with a force of NW rangers, or riding one of Dany's dragons. Also i think most of the forces in the north and at the wall will be united to fight the others, because later the situation will be dire and they will need to work together.

The Redwynes have had their seat, the Arbor, sacked with KL hardly lifting a finger to deal with the Ironmen. By aiding Aegon, they wouldn't be fighting unseat the Tyrells from HG but Tommen from KL. The Tyrells may be kin by both blood and marriage, but what is it worth supporting their cause when it results in your lands being invaded by Ironmen? When it comes to lords, the safety of their lands comes first, and when the royal government fails to perform its basic function of providing security, then it won't be hard to support another claimant who does provide security against threats the lords' lands.

I don't think they sacked the Arbor. The Ironborn destroyed the remaining part of the Redwyne fleet there but that was to clear the way to Oldtown not to sack the Arbor itself. The Redwynes will not turn on the Tyrells right away. The Ironborn first have to get a massive victory and than the Tyrells have to botch Margaery's trial up. As soon as Margaery looses her trial they are free to turn to Faegon, just like most other Reach Lords. Not that the Redwynes are going to be important anyway, the Ironborns are going to destroy the remaining part of their fleet anyway.

I don't think they sacked the Arbor. The Ironborn destroyed the remaining part of the Redwyne fleet there but that was to clear the way to Oldtown not to sack the Arbor itself. The Redwynes will not turn on the Tyrells right away. The Ironborn first have to get a massive victory and than the Tyrells have to botch Margaery's trial up. As soon as Margaery looses her trial they are free to turn to Faegon, just like most other Reach Lords. Not that the Redwynes are going to be important anyway, the Ironborns are going to destroy the remaining part of their fleet anyway.

the ironmen had sacked Rymasport and taken Vinetown and Starfish Harbor for their own

the ironmen had sacked Rymasport and taken Vinetown and Starfish Harbor for their own

Hmmm, I thought that those were towns on the Mainland when I first read it. But you are right they are probably located on the Island itself. But that doesn't mean that the Ironborn took the entire Island. They Ironborn occupy these ports, but I don't think that they have taken the entire Island.

Archived