The Rundown of the Dance of Dragons 2.0

Fire Eater

Hmmm, I thought that those were towns on the Mainland when I first read it. But you are right they are probably located on the Island itself. But that doesn't mean that the Ironborn took the entire Island. They Ironborn occupy these ports, but I don't think that they have taken the entire Island.

But still, the Redwynes' lands have been attacked, and KL dragged its feet in dealing with the Ironborn. The damage is done to the Lannisters' credibility in their ability to protect the Redwynes' lands.

Other Reach lords:

"Even after a century some of us still have friends in the Reach."

The Peakes of Starpike and other former Blackfyre supporters in the Reach will flock to Aegon. Tarly will also join Aegon partly for the slights Mace gave him. First by hogging all the credit for the Battle of Ashford, and then by giving Brightwater Keep to his son, Garlan when Tarly's wife was second in line for the castle. Given Tarly's attitude regarding his sons, he may prefer a king like Aegon who fights his own battles over plump, little Tommen who likes to play with his kittens. Another reason, coould be his admiration for Connington.

Very nicely theorised. :) Love the Tyrion on Jon Snow's father's seat as well meaning Dragonstone.

I strongly agree with the above and that Randyll Tarly will switch side to the more martial king. Sam's thoughts on it are also very illustrative. I imagine we might see some of the action from Sam's perspective as well, which will be really interesting since Sam has learnt a thing or two at the Wall.

I haven't given too much thought about most of your conclusions but I have given a lot of you thought about your assumption of a Dorne Golden Company alliance. I think that there has been a secret alliance with Doran, Illyrio, and Varys that has existed for quite a while. Basically here is my theory broken down into its subparts:

1. Originally Oberyn and Willem Darry consent to a future marriage with Viserys and Arianne.

2. Doran being the cautious guy he is, keeps this arrangement secret even from Viserys until he's convinced that Viserys can come up with his own army to try and retake King's Landing.

3. He probably also has some hesitation to hitching their wagons back up with the Targaryens esp. since his Aerys basically held his sister hostage during Robert's Rebellion and Rhaegar disrespected his sister in public by crowning Lyanna during the Harrenhall tournament.

4. It probably doesn't help matters that Viserys is laughed out of every free city in Essos and the Golden Company flat out refuses to back him.

5. At some point Doran gets in league with the Archon of Tyrosh. Arianne was to become the Archon's cupbearer where she is supposed to meet her future betrothed.

6. The meeting doesn't happen. Doran blames it on his wife, but I suspect that he was provided a better alternative.

7. Approximately 10 years before the start of the AGOT, Varys and Illyrio unveil "Aegon" to Jon Connington.

8. Around this time, Mellario allegedly leaves Doran to return to her home city of Norvos. The alleged reason for her leaving is she's upset that Quentyn is sent to foster with the Yronwoods. So she then leaves her infant son, Tristayne behind and leaves Aero behind as well? The story really doesn't make a lot of sense.

9. Arianne reveals that when she is fourteen her father, Doran, left Dorne because he was summoned by his wife Mellario. I think that this is the meeting with Illyrio, Varys, and possibly the Archon of Tyrosh where they reveal "Aegon" to Doran in an attempt to arrange a new marriage proposal for Arianne.

10. While it's possible that they convince Doran that "Aegon" is his nephew, I highly doubt that this is the case. The problem with that story is you would have to completely be willing to believe Varys that he snuck Aegon out of King's Landing. I doubt that Doran would risk his kingdom on the word of Varys.

11. However, if Aegon is a Blackfyre descendant on the female side (see other threads regarding why Aegon is a Blackfyre)then according to Dornish law, he would be the rightful king of Westeros, and not because he is the descendant of Daemon Blackfyre, but because he would be the descendant of Daeana Targaryen.

12. Daena was the eldest of three sisters. Her brothers, Daeron the Young Dragon and Baelor the Blessed died without heirs. Under Dornish law the line goes through the oldest child with heirs whether that person be male or female.

13. When Daemon Blackfyre was legitimized, Dorne should have backed him under their own laws, but they didn't, they backed Daeron the good, because of the marriage of Daeron to the Myriah Martell, and the marriage of Daeron's sister Daenaerys, to Prince Maron Martell. (It was this latter marriage that probably drove Daemon to rebellion since he and Daenaerys were said to be in love).

14. My guess is that this decision may have been a stain on the Martell family, and Doran in backing "Aegon" the Blackfyre may be a way to set things straight. It probably also helps that the Golden Company decides to back "Aegon".

15. Mellario becomes Septa Lemore to help tutor her future son in law. I think they want to make sure he doesn't end up a creep like Viserys since they plan on marrying Arrianne to him.

16. Illyrio and Varys need the backing of Dorne both for the added military might and the fact that Doran would be the most convincing person to vouch for "Aegon" and claim that "Aegon" is his nephew thus the rightful claimant to the throne.

17. Illyrio and Varys use Viserys and Daenaerys to sucker Khal Drogo into invading King's Landing. Assuming Robert is stupid enough to meet the Khal outside the walls of King's Landing, they are counting on the Dothraki's to sack King's Landing, kill the Baratheons, kill Cersei and her brood. The Golden Company and Dorne sweep into King's Landing to retake it, kill Viserys, and then reveal Aegon under the fiction that he is Rhaegar's son, marry him to Arianne, and reclaim their position of power.

18. Note that at Drogo's manse in Pentos, where he is first introduced to Dany, the Archon's brother is present at this invitation only party hosted by Illyrio (also present is a very fat red priest, hmmm who could that be?). My guess is that the Archon's brother is present both as an agent of the Archon and as an agent for Doran.

19. Viserys death and Dany's dragons probably did a lot to throw this plan into complete chaos. There was probably a decision that Dany, her army and her dragons could take the place of the Dothraki horde in this scheme.

20. Now comes the multiple attempts to lure Dany into Westeros.

21. My guess is Doran expected that the Golden Company would land in Westeros along with Dany, and her troops.

22. I also believe that Connington was told that when they landed in Westeros they would have the support of Dorne.

23. Go back to Connington's last chapter in ADWD, he is surprised that Dorne has not already joined with his forces before he sends his letter to Doran. His letter is an attempt to assure Doran that he is there with Doran's nephew (and hurry the bleep up).

24. Doran, is playing coy about his knowledge of who "Aegon" really is. I think Doran is holding his forces back because he expected a much larger invasion force to include Dany and her dragons.

Now I do think that this alliance is in a very perilous state. Doran has basically stated in the books that he is not going to risk the lives of his people without a very good chance of victory. I think he is holding his forces back because of the fact that the Golden Company struck without waiting to join with Dany's forces. Perhaps if Aegon takes Storm's End that will give some impetus for Doran to commit his forces.

Also, I can't recall if you mentioned this but the stone beast breathing shadow flame (disease) from a high tower burning, sure seems to imply that Connington (stricken with greyscale) may find his way to the Hightower.

If Varys and Illyrio had known about Doran's plans, they would have acted differently, and vice versa. Quentyn would never have been sent to Meereen as suitor if Doran had known that his nephew was also trying to marry Daenerys.

As to Targaryen loyalists in the Reach:

My money is still more on Mathis Rowan than on Randyll Tarly. Rowan was the one who looked really pissed when the murder of Rhaegar's children was discussed in ASoS. And since he went with Mace Tyrell to Storm's End but did not return with him into the city, we can deduce that he is in charge of the skeleton crew of Tyrell men who keep Stannis garrison trapped in Storm's End. Since we already know that the Golden Company is going to take Storm's End, it's a good guess that Mathis Rowan will be one of the first major Lords of the Reach to join King Aegon VI. And Rowan is among the most powerful bannermen of House Tyrell, surely on the same level as House Redwyne. Whereas the Tarlys does not seem to be as strong, nor does Lord Randyll like somebody who has real principles. He swapped Renly for Joffrey easily enough, and he is now at the pinnacle of power, Master of Laws in King's Landing in the middle of a Tyrell army. I don't think he has the balls or the political acumen to betray his liege lord and queen while being in the grasp of their power. If Mace and Margaery start to make mistakes - and if he himself is beaten in the field by Jon Connington - he may start to think about defecting to Aegon. But right now the risk to betray Mace and Margaery is way too big...

The Reach (and Storm-)lords who are going to declare for Aegon in the very near future should be the ones who are not exactly near to King's Landing right now. If Doran declares for Aegon, the Hightowers will follow soon enough. They are already severely threatened by Euron, and they cannot possibly fight the Dornishmen and the Ironborn at the same time. Doran most likely knows which Reach lords are Targaryen loyalists, and he should also know who resents the current administration of Highgarden.

The army in the Boneway may eventually join the Golden Company at Storm's End, and the army in the Prince's Pass could invade the Reach and attack and conquer Highgarden, while the Tyrells are occupied elsewhere.

If Varys and Illyrio had known about Doran's plans, they would have acted differently, and vice versa. Quentyn would never have been sent to Meereen as suitor if Doran had known that his nephew was also trying to marry Daenerys.

I've thought about that issue. That's why I think Viserys death and the loss of the Dothraki's pretty much put their plan into turmoil. The introduction of Dany's dragons and her subsequent army was a last minute substitute.

I think that there are two explanations for multiple "suitors" to Dany. One is multiple redundancy. Just like they had to concoct a plan to get the Dothraki's to invade Westeros, they now have to get a plan together to motivate an increasingly sedentary Dany into leaving Mereen and going into Westeros.

We know one of their agents (or at least former agent) is with her urging her on in Mormont. Then they maneuver Barristan Selmy who also has a motivation to get Dany to take the Iron Throne. Illyrio in the meantime sends her three ships to at least get her back to Pentos.

But instead of Pentos, she goes to Astapor. She obtains an army and then takes control of Mereen. At this point I think Illyrio and Varys (and maybe still Doran) see Dany and her army now as a substitute for their original plan with the Dothraki Horde.

Dany gets her visit from Xaro, giving her ships and urging her to leave Mereen and go to Westeros. It would not surprise me if Xaro, is in league with Illyrio, but I'm not completely sure.

Regardless of whether the above is true or not. At this stage in the game, Dany now has her army and her dragons but is not showing a willingness to invade Westeros.

Now the question is just how badly frayed is the Dorne/Illyrio conspiracy? If it is still in place, then I think that the multiple suitors of Quentyn and Aegon could just be a multiple redundancy plan to convince Dany into getting into Westeros. Just like the original plan was to kill Viserys once they take King's Landing, I think that this plan may be to remove Dany once they get their objective. Thus neither Quentyn nor Aegon or actually real suitors. Dany does seem a little too headstrong for Illyrio and Varys to be able to control (heck they can't even completely control Aegon). Plus, I really think that they covet the dragons for themselves.

Now the other possibility is that Dany and her dragons could be causing the Doran/Illyrio alliance to come apart. They are both coveting Dany and may have decided to (without telling each other) to scrap the original plan and hitch their wagon to Daenerys. Another reason why Doran has withheld his forces from joining with Aegon's.

Post-Dance of Dragons 2.0

Field of Fire: Dany Version

Near four thousand men had burned that day, among them King Mern of the Reach.

During Aegon's Conquest, combined force of Reach men and Westermen marched against Aegon. The fields had burned with King Mern Gardener and all his sons killed in battle. King Loren was captured, and later released. I think a combined Lannister-Tyrell host will meet Dany in battle with Mace Tyrell leading the Reach men and Jaime Lannister leading the Westermen. Mace Tyrell and his son Garlan will die in battle.

Jaime OTOH will be captured. He will be brought before Dany, and since she is heir to her father's secrets, he will reveal the reason for killing her father. Tyrion will vouch for him given that he learned from the pyromancers that there are hidden caches of wildfire underneath KL from her father's reign. Tyrion will release Jaime at night, and help him escape to repay Jaime for helping Tyrion escape with his life. That will be the last time they ever see each other, and they have one last moment together as brothers.

Crackpot:

King Loren escaped, and lived long enough to surrender, pledge his fealty to the Targaryens, and beget a son

Jaime may consummate his relationship with Brienne, and she may have give birth to son by Jaime likely after he dies.

Lancelot, Jaime's influence, had an illegitimate son with Elaine, Galahad. Galahad was given his father's name, and Merlin prophesied that Galahad would surpass his father in valor. Galahad becomes a knight at the court of King Arthur, Jon's influence, where King Arthur proclaims him the greatest knight ever after accomplishing a few feats. Brienne may name the boy Jaime, and possibly one day join the KG for Arthur's parallel, Jon. Jaime Jr. may even surpass his father, in a way redeeming Jaime and surpassing him as a member of the KG, possibly being compared to the likes of Ser Ryam Redwyne and Prince Aemon the Dragonknight in being one of the greatest knights of his day.

The Fall of Casterly Rock:

Tyrion is carried to Illyrio in a wine barrel; a shout out to The Hobbit where Bilbo and the dwarves escape from captivity using wine barrels. Tyrion's story has some parallels to that of the dwarf, Thorin Oakenshield. Thorin Oakenshield is the rightful lord of Erebor, a fortress carved from stone in a mountain which contains an enormous horde of gold that had been seized by a dragon, and he is on a quest to reclaim his seat. Tyrion is the rightful lord of Casterly Rock, a fortress carved from a great stone hill with an enormous reserve of gold, only the situation is reversed in that he will be using a dragon (Dany is a red dragon like Smaug) or dragons to reclaim his rightful seat.

His charge of the drains of CR may come into play in taking the fortress. He will then have the lords of the Westerlands swear fealty to him as their liege lord and to Dany as their queen.

Razing of Harrenhal 2: The Twins, from Black Harren to Black Walder

After the Red Wedding 2.0 at Riverrun where Lord Walder Frey is tortured and killed along with whatever Freys present there, a civil war will erupt in the Twins between now Lord Edwyn Frey and his brother, Black Walder. Lame Lothar Frey will manipulate things behind the scenes, he may even be behind Black Walder and Edwyn fighting each other. It will come down to one faction occupying a castle on one side of the Green Fork and the other faction occupying the castle on the other side of the Green Fork. Frey blood will be spilled at the hands of other Freys.

I'd like to thank Capon Breath for helping me find this one:
Rorge won the blood stained surcoat with its proud Lannister and Frey quarterings. The arrows had punched holes through lions & towers alike

Rorge was missing a nose like another character, Tyrion. Tyrion will give his own house a beating, and he may give the Freys their just desserts as well. He had Allar Deem thrown overboard for killing a child that Cersei ordered dead, and I think he would have the Freys suffer for the RW. He may have Dany bring her forces to the Twins. Edwyn may die by the time Dany arrives as Edwyn himself is not a puissant warrior as shown when Lord Piper challenged him to a duel, and Black Walder may be the new Lord of the Twins.

Black Harren had a bad reputation as a mean and cruel ruler of the riverlands. Black Walder has a dark reputation and has proven to be mean and cruel, such as suggesting that Jeyne Westerling be murdered so Robb would be free to marry a Frey. Cersei may name the Freys as liege lords of the riverlands after LF dies. Dany and Tyrion will come down to the Twins, and partly in an attempt to win support and partly out of a sense of justice, Dany will have her dragons roast the Twins like Aegon did Harrenhal.

Battle of the Trident Rematch:

Does Lord Stannis propose to defend us from snarks and dragons as well?

That night she dreamt that she was Rhaegar, riding to the Trident. But she was mounted on a dragon, not a horse. When she saw the Usurper's rebel host across the river they were armored all in ice, but she bathed them in dragonfire and they melted away like dew and turned the Trident into a torrent.

"I said nothing of need," LordTywin replied . . . "The men of the winterlands are made of iron and ice, and even my boldest knights fear to face them."

Aegon was about to head his forces for Dorne until King Torrhen Stark leads his northern host south in Aegon's rear. Aegon deals with King Torrhen who bends the knee to Aegon, and Aegon ends up never taking Dorne. Dany is about to head for KL, and reclaim her family's throne until she hears Stannis is coming south bringing a host of Northmen. Stannis's sigil is an altered sigil of House Baratheon, which was the sigil of the Usurper, Robert. Dany and Stannis's forces will meet in battle at the Trident.

"The Old Man of the River is a lesser god," said Garin. "He was born from Mother River too, and fought the Crab King to win dominion over all who dwell beneath the flowing waters."

“Under the sea the mermen feast on starfish soup, and all the serving men are crabs,” Patchface proclaimed as they went. “I know, I know, oh, oh, oh.”

There’s three kinds of crabs in there. Red crabs and spider crabs and conquerors. - Lord Borrell ADwD.

Seems that crabs are here equivalent to kings. Red crab is Stannis, spider crab is Aegon and conqueror is most probably Dany.

“Asha, my two tall sons fed the crabs of Fair Isle."

Stannis commanded the Battle at Fair Isle, and with Ice Turtle's quote above; that's two references to Stannis as a crab. Tyrion could be the Old Man of the River as he journeys on the Rhoyne, and is pulled out from the river, inferred he was reborn from the river; as well as having come across a giant turtle that Yandry and Ysilla claim is the Old Man of the River. Tyrion will lead Dany's forces against Stannis in battle, and Dany's side will win but:

Tyrion's Death

Two of the herons raised their heads as the Shy Maid drifted away from the bank

Sansa's merlin brought down three ducks while Margaery's peregrine took a heron in full flight

they [herons] all took to wing like they'd seen a dragon . . Cletus nocked an arrow to his string and brought one down. Tasted like duck, but not so greasy

He moved the catapult again, closed his hand around Tyrion's alabaster dragon, removed it from the board.

Margaery has three royal husbands, the three ducks brought down symbolizes the deaths of all three of Margaery's husbands. Ducks come to serve as a symbol of kings. Aegon has Duck, and Queen Selyse's entourage is referred to as ducklings. The two herons in the first quote refer to Hands of the King, Connington and Tyrion, close to kings, being second in command, but without all the pomp that goes with it.

Tyrion's white dragon is removed from the board. The only white dragon I can think of is Viserion, and I think there is a chance Tyrion might ride him using the dragon horn, although I am completely unsure if that is possible for someone without Valyrian blood. I think the last three quotes possibly foreshadow Tyrion being killed while he is riding on Viserion in full flight, possibly by a projectile launched at Viserion's wing. I think Viserion might survive, albeit with a broken wing, but Tyrion won't survive the fall. I think it will be a catapult's lucky shot commanded by Davos, who lost four of his eldest sons in the BoBW to Tyrions wildfire and boom chain, and so Davos will be getting a form of vengeance. Usually we are all for our POV heroes getting their revenge, but GRRM will pull a fast one on us with one character we love getting his revenge on another character we love.

Dany Heads North

The smoke and ash clouded his eyes, and in the sky he saw a great winged snaked whose roar was a river of flame.

I think Dany will come to WF, as she will head North when the Northmen continue fighting her after Stannis died in battle. It will be because they don't want someone like her as queen given her acquired bad reputation which will probably get worse after the second Dance of Dragons and her executions of the archmaesters, and decide they would rather have Stark King in the North.

After the death of Tyrion, possibly her husband, Dany will be enraged and want to teach the Northmen what it means to "wake the dragon" possibly by killing their KitN, Rickon. It will all come full circle. Rickon is now orphaned having lost both his parents and his eldest brother died in war, and then he has his enemy coming to get him who is angered by the loss of her spouse, paralleling Dany's situation before Darry escaped with her from Dragonstone from Robert, who was angered by the supposed kidnapping and rape of his betrothed, Lyanna.

I think it might be a reference to Dune. The Emperor commands the Sardaukar, considered the most elite soldiers in the universe with one in three surviving training. Paul Atreides has the native Fremen of Arrakis successfully fight the Emperor's troops thanks to the harsh climate of Arrakis and the toughness it gave them. Dany's Unsullied are considered the most elite infantry force in the world, with one in three surviving training, and the harsh climate of the North, especially in winter, will inhibit her Unsullied, and the Northmen will be able to combat more effectively given that they are used to harsh conditions of the North.

She'll [Osha] come back to Winterfell with us . . . and live or die by the truths she gives us.

Dany will become what she hated, the Usurper, who dispossessed a child like her of her home and throne and now she is trying to do the same to Rickon. I think Osha will die defending Rickon, and when Rickon comes over crying over Osha's corpse, Dany may be surprised that Rickon is only five years-old.

It will look bleak for the Starks at this point as it as come down to two queens competing for the IT: Dany and Cersei. Cersei will likely want to emulate her father and go "Rains of Castamere" on the Starks while Dany is clearly no friend to them at this point. The Northmen want a Stark as their king while Dany wants a Targaryen. This is when Jon appears, offering a compromise to both sides.

Battle of the Trident 2.0:

First of all an excellent post Fire Eater, I found it interesting, I can see the events happening as you have suggested in Field of Fire 2.0, The Fall of Castely Rock and Razing of Harrenhal 2.0, however it's your theory about Stannis and the battle of Trident 2.0 that I cannot foresee, Stannis priority is not just to win the IT but also defend the realm from the others, I simply cannot imagine Stannis marching south of the Neck, he will stay in the North so as to stay close to the wall so he can reach it, as need be, moreover as of aDwD winter has already started, in the first half of the book tWoW we will see Stannis win the North to his cause, in the second half it might focus on the wall and others. Stannis might not engage Danenerys because he will be focused on the wall and beyond as well, also Dany has a lot of journey to accomplish, from Vaes Dothrak to Maereen to Westeros and then the Dance of Dragons 2.0, when Dany has dealt with all the problems that lie before her, the others might have started attacking the wall and Stannis and the Northners will be invested in fighting them along with Jon and the NW or Jon might be ranging in the Lands of always Winter.

Dany Heads North

I also think this will not happen exactly the way you have suggested, mostly because the series will end at winterfell, we will see the starks united and together back in winterfell where they belong, Bran might return to BR or stay in the winterfell godswood as he is becoming a tree, he will give up his claim so as his brother Rickon can inherit winterfell, also I am basing this on my beliefs of the wolf theme GRRM has depicted in the starks, you might have read the Ice and Fire Animal project, there is also Ser Barristan, he has respect for the Starks despite them being enemies to the Targaryens under Aerys II, there is still time for Ser Barristan to tell the truth to Dany, Dany has been avoiding this but I think afterwards when she returns from Vaes Dothrak, she could very well seek the truth about her father from Ser Barristan. Jon will also play a role in smoothing relations between Starks and Dany, I do not think it will come to swords between Dany and the Northmen because Jon is concerned for the realm and he is a son of Eddard Stark first even if he learns of his parentage.

That being said, I do not discount your theory totally, it is still is possible scenario as you have suggested, however I am leaning towards Stannis remaining at the wall till the end (he might die there fighting the others), the Starks restored in the North, and Dany making common cause with the Usurper's dogs to defend the realm. They will have to retreat to the Trident at some point because of a breach in the wall, they will make their last stand on the Trident, while Dany and perhaps one or two other dragon riders will unleash their dragons on the others.

Again a very good post, enjoyed reading it :thumbsup:

snip

Thanks for the compliment. As for Stannis, he is moving South, and he is concerned with matters at hand and the Wall is a long way away from Moat Cailin and WF where he will be. If he defeats Dany in battle then it will come down to just him and Cersei with Dany's army and dragons. Stannis's historical parallel to the War of the Roses, Richard III, died in battle against the Lancastrian faction, which is the War of the Roses historical parallel to House Targaryen.

I don't think Dany will get to see Barristan again as Victarion kills him in his attempt to kill Dany's husband, Hizdahr.

He would give half his teeth for the chance to try his axe against the Kingslayer or the Knight of Flowers.

Jaime and Loras are both members of the KG, Victarion will fight Barristan

[quote“It’s like Baelor Breakspear and Prince Maekar, the hammer and the anvil. We have them! We have them!”]

Given that Maekar ended up eventually killing Baelor Breakspear, this comparison might not presage positive future relations between Barristan and Victarion.

I doubt that Dance of Dragons 2.0 will closely resemble the Conquest. And pretty much anyone in the game on the anti-Dany sinde will be wary to risk another Field of Fire. Meaning that they'll try to avoid her dragons, or get them assassinated before they can be used in battle against them. The Citadel may have already assassins to Meereen. Aegon's faction may also try to steal one of her dragons to help Aegon's cause (this could work if either Viserion or Rhaegal end up in Westeros long before Daenerys herself - perhaps through the Ironborn?).

My guess is that Jaime will join Aegon's Kingsguard in TWoW. I'm not sure if KingTommen/Cersei's faction is going to surivive TWoW as an independent power. If Jaime publicly reveals the twincest, Cersei and her children will lose everything, and the Tyrells won't be able to cling to the Iron Throne. That way, the rift between the two Targaryen pretenders will be mirrored in the rift between the two Lannister brothers. Jaime will fight for Aegon, and Tyrion for Daenerys.

Post-Dance of Dragons 2.0

snip

OK, as always, you show a great deal of analytical thinking and I can imagine all of this happening. I have problems with several things

1. The biggest issue for me is Stannis here. I don`t believe he will survive that long, or that he`ll be in some great power. I believe that after is revealed Jon`s true parentage, Stannis surrounded by Northerners who would die for Starks, will bend his knee to Stark/Targaryen king.

2. Another big issue is Sansa. We talked about this and I understand your view, but I am not sure about it. I believe that after being passive with other Queens, Sansa will be match to Dany. With development of her warg abilities, Sansa may even be dangerous for Dany, so I think Dany will look at her as equal. Before Dany arrives, I think Sansa will deal with LF, so by the time Dany comes, she will be Lady protector of the Vale. She and Dany may even agree on terms: Dany gives her freedom from Tyrion, and Sansa gives her knights of the Vale. It`s basically win/win situation, and I`d like to see the two of them together. It would be interesting

3. I think that there are bigger chances that Field of Fire actually happens between Aegon and Lannister/Tyrell. I don`t think Dany will be involved there. And as for battle of Trident, I would say Dany(or Jon, but I think he`ll bring peace, rather than war) and her allies vs Aegon. They are almost evenly matched, so it would be great battle.

All in all, you are doing great job, Fire Eater. I have to say that in the sea of wild speculations, this thread is actually quite refreshment. Well done indeed.

I doubt that Dance of Dragons 2.0 will closely resemble the Conquest. And pretty much anyone in the game on the anti-Dany sinde will be wary to risk another Field of Fire. Meaning that they'll try to avoid her dragons, or get them assassinated before they can be used in battle against them. The Citadel may have already assassins to Meereen. Aegon's faction may also try to steal one of her dragons to help Aegon's cause (this could work if either Viserion or Rhaegal end up in Westeros long before Daenerys herself - perhaps through the Ironborn?).

My guess is that Jaime will join Aegon's Kingsguard in TWoW. I'm not sure if KingTommen/Cersei's faction is going to surivive TWoW as an independent power. If Jaime publicly reveals the twincest, Cersei and her children will lose everything, and the Tyrells won't be able to cling to the Iron Throne. That way, the rift between the two Targaryen pretenders will be mirrored in the rift between the two Lannister brothers. Jaime will fight for Aegon, and Tyrion for Daenerys.

To the one, the Ironborn won't bring Viserion to Westeros as Victarion means to marry Dany and through her have a claim to the IT and have all her dragons. As for risking another FIeld of Fire, they can't just stand around and not do something about her, eventually Lannister and Tyrell forces will have move to stop Dany. I don't think Jaime will join Aegon's side since it would mean abandoning his family, and I don't think anyone would allow the Kingslayer anywhere near Aegon without recalling how Jaime earned that name in the first place.

OK, as always, you show a great deal of analytical thinking and I can imagine all of this happening. I have problems with several things

1. The biggest issue for me is Stannis here. I don`t believe he will survive that long, or that he`ll be in some great power. I believe that after is revealed Jon`s true parentage, Stannis surrounded by Northerners who would die for Starks, will bend his knee to Stark/Targaryen king.

2. Another big issue is Sansa. We talked about this and I understand your view, but I am not sure about it. I believe that after being passive with other Queens, Sansa will be match to Dany. With development of her warg abilities, Sansa may even be dangerous for Dany, so I think Dany will look at her as equal. Before Dany arrives, I think Sansa will deal with LF, so by the time Dany comes, she will be Lady protector of the Vale. She and Dany may even agree on terms: Dany gives her freedom from Tyrion, and Sansa gives her knights of the Vale. It`s basically win/win situation, and I`d like to see the two of them together. It would be interesting

3. I think that there are bigger chances that Field of Fire actually happens between Aegon and Lannister/Tyrell. I don`t think Dany will be involved there. And as for battle of Trident, I would say Dany(or Jon, but I think he`ll bring peace, rather than war) and her allies vs Aegon. They are almost evenly matched, so it would be great battle.

All in all, you are doing great job, Fire Eater. I have to say that in the sea of wild speculations, this thread is actually quite refreshment. Well done indeed.

1. You're forgetting this is Stannis we're talking about. He wouldn't yield to the Tyrells during the siege of SE, and he won't yield to anyone as king other than himself. He believes he is the divinely picked ruler of the Seven Kingdoms.

2. I think Sansa will be gone form the Vale by the time Dany arrives. The kinds of opportunities you mentioned are usually missed in ASOIAF.

3. Aegon doesn't have any dragons so how can he create a Field of Fire? Aegon is in the South and Dany will start from the Vale, the Trident is out of their way to be a location for a battle.

To the one, the Ironborn won't bring Viserion to Westeros as Victarion means to marry Dany and through her have a claim to the IT and have all her dragons. As for risking another FIeld of Fire, they can't just stand around and not do something about her, eventually Lannister and Tyrell forces will have move to stop Dany. I don't think Jaime will join Aegon's side since it would mean abandoning his family, and I don't think anyone would allow the Kingslayer anywhere near Aegon without recalling how Jaime earned that name in the first place.

1. You're forgetting this is Stannis we're talking about. He wouldn't yield to the Tyrells during the siege of SE, and he won't yield to anyone as king other than himself. He believes he is the divinely picked ruler of the Seven Kingdoms.

2. I think Sansa will be gone form the Vale by the time Dany arrives. The kinds of opportunities you mentioned are usually missed in ASOIAF.

3. Aegon doesn't have any dragons so how can he create a Field of Fire? Aegon is in the South and Dany will start from the Vale, the Trident is out of their way to be a location for a battle.

1. I think Stannis will have more than enough reasons to bend his knee.

a. He will be outnumbered

b. He will find out Jon is Targaryen which makes him no King, perhaps in his eyes.

c. When Melisandre finds out, Jon is Targaryen, she will abandon Stannis, and that will most likely break him.

d. Jon wouldn`t hurt Stannis or his family, so he wouldn`t have reason to go into war with Jon. heck, Jon might offer him the position of Hand to calm him.

2. Let us agree to disagree here. I see your point and I can see GRRM going that way, it`s just that I think I am right about this.

3. Touche about that, but I don`t see the reason why everything has to go just like it did before. The Field of Fire was a battle that brought Reach and Westerlands into King`s peace, so I would assume Aegon winning Lannister/Tyrell alliance and creating of them his new allies for the future confrontation.

Also, I think that Dany will go Vale - North - Riverlands, meaning, that she will come to Westeros from the east (Vale), to win the South, she will go North.

Fire Eater, please give me some hope about Rickon, please!

Also, do you think that the cold will have some effect in the dragons?

What Bran and BR can/will do in this whole war?

1. I'm not saying Rickon is doomed, but that his situation will look dire for a while in the last book to keep us on edge, before Jon shows up.

2. Jaehaerys I and Queen Alysanne brought their dragons to the North without any recorded problems. But I think any blizzards will hinder them, and leave them grounded like Meraxes in the Last Storm.

3. I think BR knows what he has to do, reveal Jon's heritage to him, and Jon will take care of the rest. I think he may have foreseen what will happen along with his death.

Dany's Journey to Westeros

There are dangers at sea as well. Corsairs and pirates hunt the southern route

Only three days past I showed these same Unsullied to a corsair king who hopes to buy them all

A new corsair king had risen in the Basilisk Isles and raided Tall Trees Town

I think the corsair king is Gerion Lannister, Tyrion's long-lost uncle. Tyrion will bump into him when he crosses the Narrow Sea back to Westeros. Gerion will join his nephew, and be named as Dany's Master of Ships. Gerion may be able to match against the Redwyne Fleet when his own pirate fleet is supplemented with the Iron Fleet. Gerion is a pirate, and has plenty of years of naval combat experience.

north of Valyria the sea is demon-haunted

Next you will be offering me a suit of magic armor and a palace in Valyria

I'd sooner have a palace in Valyria

but the greatsword, Brightroar, had been lost when the second King Tommen carried it back to Valyria on his fool's quest. He had never returned, nor had Uncle Gery

I think Dany will fly to the ruins of Valyria with Tyrion, and find a palace along with some other things, like possibly Brightroar akin to Thorin Oakenshield finding the Elven blade, Orcrist or "goblin cleaver". Tommen is the second Lannister to sit the IT (just an expression he never really sat on it), so the second King Tommen has appeared, that means Gerion and Brightroar will too.

The next storm could sink or scatter us

I think Dany will stop in Lys to have her ships take on supplies. She will come upon Edric Storm who is there with his guardians according to the AFfC Appendix. Tyrion will persuade her to legitimize him, and make him her puppet Lord of Storm's End. It will be an interesting meeting with Edric worshiping his father while Dany demonizes him.

a kraken could pull us under

ASOS; Arya - "Have it your way. Three dragons...when you put us ashore safe on the north bank.";

2 pages later - During the ferry's passage: A tangle of roots and limbs poked up out of the water as it came, like the reaching arms of a great kraken.

Arya will stowaway on one of Dany's ships back to Westeros, and her ship will be attacked by a kraken.

Can anyone make out what this could foreshadow?

The Winged Knight was Ser Artys Arryn. Legend said that he had driven the First Men from the Vale and flown to the top of the Giant's Lance on a huge falcon to slay the Griffin King.

The griffin is a reference to Connington or his king, Aegon,, and it could be that he is killed in the second Dance of Dragons. Any other ideas?

Very nice post. 1 question, I own the maps in the world of ice and fire it seems more like slavers bay is aligned east with the stepstones and dorne more than the vale and storm lands. the storm lands and the vale are north of kL. while Dorne and the stepstones lie south of kl and west of Dany in a staright path. This being the case do you feel that this might disrupt your whole invasion theory?

Very nice post. 1 question, I own the maps in the world of ice and fire it seems more like slavers bay is aligned east with the stepstones and dorne more than the vale and storm lands. the storm lands and the vale are north of kL. while Dorne and the stepstones lie south of kl and west of Dany in a staright path. This being the case do you feel that this might disrupt your whole invasion theory?

Thank you and no, because what I found fits with the clues more than geography. Dany would have done better to land in the Vale, but that ship has sailed. If Dorne sides with Aegon over his supposed identity then she would be surrounded in enemy territory, plus Dorne has been known to have a coast not friendly to marine assaults. The political and military implications matter more than geography.

Archived