[Book Spoilers] Last Scene of the Episode

crazibouncer

I think the last scene will be the epilogue from ASoS.

It will either take the scene directly or change it around a bit, I just think that seeing unCat will be a huge WTF for fans.

What scene do you think would best fit as the final scene of seasons 3?

Season 1 = Dany's dragons being born

Season 2 = White Walkers

Season 3 = ??? You decide

What would be my ideal ending is Dany liberating Yunkai, and riding through the mass of freedmen, calling her Mysha, and essentially falling to their feet in gratitude. That's a nice, uplifting moment to end the season on.

THEN, we see, perhaps through the eyes of Nymeria, the body of a lady floating and reaching a riverbank, where it's recovered by two figures. The two men's faces remain offscreen, and unclear. Thoros then performs the sacrifice, and we see Cat's eyes suddenly jerk open. Cut to black. Don't show her rotting flesh, don't show the scars on her face, just show a close-up of her eyes opening. That should be enough to keep viewers talking until next season rolls about. Besides, it would be far more effective to show her resurrection on screen, rather than through exposition. It would also fit in with the episode's title, as a mother is revived, now seeking only vengeance.

THEN, we see, perhaps through the eyes of Nymeria, the body of a lady floating and reaching a riverbank, where it's recovered by two figures. The two men's faces remain offscreen, and unclear. Thoros then performs the sacrifice, and we see Cat's eyes suddenly jerk open. Cut to black. Don't show her rotting flesh, don't show the scars on her face, just show a close-up of her eyes opening. That should be enough to keep viewers talking until next season rolls about. Besides, it would be far more effective to show her resurrection on screen, rather than through exposition. It would also fit in with the episode's title, as a mother is revived, now seeking only vengeance.

Immense ending, and the only one I can think of that would be fitting with the supernatural series finale trend and the episode theme. The main argument I've seen against this is that it's too early for the reveal, but it would be perfect to have that as a running interest through season 4. They did the same with the Dragons S1 & Others S2 - massive taste of them in the finale then hardly any screen time the following season. UnCat can be in the background for a while for S4.

There have been no filming spoilers to that effect, and it runs counter to any sensible pacing, so it would have to be considered very unlikely.

We're already halfway to the RW at the end of episode two. I don't agree that it wouldn't be "sensible" pacing to have it in season three but lack of spoilers might be a pretty good source to go on...

We're already halfway to the RW at the end of episode two. I don't agree that it wouldn't be "sensible" pacing to have it in season three but lack of spoilers might be a pretty good source to go on...

I think the Red Wedding should take almost a full episode. Whereas the PW should take maybe half. Really, when you think about it, not that much really happens in the PW but I don't think they could do it justice within that one episode gap.

I think the season should end the way 'Steel and Snow' ends: with Jon Snow returning to the wall after Summer saves him from the wildlings. I think it would be awesome if, after Summer has dispatched with the wildlings and maybe Ygritte has run off into the forest (or they could decide to kill her off early), Jon looks into the direwolf's eyes and says incredulously: 'Summer?' Then we see Jon from Summer's perspective, and then suddenly Bran wakes up, panting heavily. This would be good because it would show that Bran's dreams are actually happening and that he's actually morphing into Summer and doing real things. I feel that this would be a big enough cliffhanger to tide viewers over until next season. I know it's not really a huge, supernatural reveal like the previous two seasons have had, but, having just seen the Red Wedding, I think it would satisfy most people. It's also a preview of Bran's upcoming importance in the first part of book 5. All other endings seem to me to not really fit. I think Catelyn's revival should be the ending to next season, because to give it away already would be a bit premature; we have to remember that there's not much choice for climax material at the end of next season either, besides the deaths of Lysa and Tywin, and deaths don't really work as endings to seasons. and I don't think that Dany basking in cries of 'Mhysa' is climactic enough. If anyone disagrees, feel free to reply.

Jon looks into the direwolf's eyes and says incredulously: 'Summer?' Then we see Jon from Summer's perspective, and then suddenly Bran wakes up, panting heavily. This would be good because it would show that Bran's dreams are actually happening and that he's actually morphing into Summer and doing real things.

I think this would be an amazing scene, because it's such a Pro-Stark feel-good thing especially after the RW , but I still think Cat will be the season finale, just for the shock.

I think if they wait with that it would seem like too much time has passed... With Beric and Thoros being such prominent characters this season it makes sense to put it all together in the end.

I think this would be an amazing scene, because it's such a Pro-Stark feel-good thing especially after the RW , but I still think Cat will be the season finale, just for the shock.

I think if they wait with that it would seem like too much time has passed... With Beric and Thoros being such prominent characters this season it makes sense to put it all together in the end.

I agree that that would be awesome and is very likely; my main objection to that is that I can't think how they would end next season. Also, yeah, my theory would create a pro-stark feel and maybe alleviate some of the Red Wedding pain.

Maybe they will make it just like in the books, from the POV of someone running through the forrest who is captured by the BWB and also throwing in the response of Lem to Merrett Frey's pleading for his life saying he has kids and Lem replies "The Young Wolf will not have any" and when he says he didnt know of the RW, Lem asks someone in the dark if he is one of the Freys at the wedding, and the we see a glimpse of Lady Stoneheart approving his hanging, it will be awesome, also before this scene they could bring in the scene where Summer saves Jon, to bring the epicness of the episode to a whole new level and to leave some hope for the fans regarding the Starks.

While Pinkie Baelish's scene description is awesome, I think it's too soon from the RW. I think it would be cool to leave it till S4, maybe make a couple of statements that Beric is finally dead and the Brotherhood has been taken over by a woman (don't need to say LS) and are killing Freys etc. Then have a Frey cross paths with her finally, revealing she was Cat. It might be obvious idk lol

I'll be happy either way!

Hmmm... At the first mention of a scene in which Cat is reanimated, showing nothing but the opening of her eyes, I can't help but imagine LOST. It started with eyes opening, and ended with the same eyes closing. For me, in this instance, that image would be a cheap shot, a regurgitation of something many viewers would be familiar with. (Also: Breaking Dawn Pt1, anyone? I, for one, would hate to see the climax belittled like that.)

Given the the title, I would imagine Dany will feature heavily, but imo LS would make a much more intriguing epilogue for the viewers. I just hope if that's the route taken, its handled with due care and attention.

Archived