[Book Spoilers] Last Scene of the Episode

crazibouncer

The White Raven was sent from the citadel. Did you not understand the epilogue to ADWD?

Seems in the show they have a 'white raven' arriving at KL start of season 2, not in the books, but even tho it's explained what it means not body takes much account of it. Tho Varys may have.

In the books that is at the smack dab end of ADwD and Varys is involved, but GRRM leaves us hanging in mid air.

Seems in the show they have a 'white raven' arriving at KL start of season 2, not in the books, but even tho it's explained what it means not body takes much account of it. Tho Varys may have.

In the books that is at the smack dab end of ADwD and Varys is involved, but GRRM leaves us hanging in mid air.

It's snowing in King's Landing, and the white raven means winter has come. this is not a cliffhanger people!

It's snowing in King's Landing, and the white raven means winter has come. this is not a cliffhanger people!

Well Winds of Winter of the name of the 6th novel, that tells us something, ... it sure will be interesting to know what the Others are up to when George gets this novel out!

I don't think they're ready to have her presence be known, is the thing. It's only been one episode since she died. The viewers need more time to adjust to the idea that she's dead at all, since she was such a hugely important character. Narratively, they're still dealing with the immediate fallout of the Red Wedding. It's just too soon for LS to show up.

I don't think its as hard to adjust to her death as many think. Last scene of the episode, her throat was ripped open. Unless they were paying very, very, very close attention to Beric talk about his death, viewers are going to see her as completely dead. You just don't survive a throat slashing. The week in-between episodes would've been enough time in my opinion, but I'm sure the effect will be greater at the end of S4 when her pale corpse shows up.

• 4 weeks later...

The white raven in Season 2 marks the end of summer and the beginning of autumn. A white raven arrives in Dragonstone at the beginning of ACOK to mark the beginning of autumn. The raven at the end of ADWD marks the end of autumn and the beginning of winter.

• 1 month later...

Archived