[Book Spoilers] Last Scene of the Episode

crazibouncer

Oooohhh a fade to black would be great! I don't think a tv show has ever done that correct?

None that I've seen. I think that would be kind of cool. If it doesn't happen at the end, I'd definitely at least wait to see if they do something like that.

Un-Cat HAS to be the final scene for many of the reasons already talked about AND..

To wrap up the Beric story line. Viewers would forget about Beric & his resurrections come season 4 and D&D would have to waste time RE-introduce Beric to fit the themes of Season 4.

Bring in Stoneheart to shock post-RW viewers when they are @ their height of depression, and Berics story arc can bow out in one season.

What would be my ideal ending is Dany liberating Yunkai, and riding through the mass of freedmen, calling her Mysha, and essentially falling to their feet in gratitude. That's a nice, uplifting moment to end the season on.

I know there was more to this post, but I pretty much figured this would be the ending of ep 10

I know there was more to this post, but I pretty much figured this would be the ending of ep 10

A good penultimate scene, but it isn't quite cliffhanger-ish enough for a final scene. Also, it doesn't fit in with the series' supernatural reveal theme for episode endings. My bet for the final scene would be either Lady Stoneheart's resurrection (probably the most likely) or Bran passing through the Nightfort gate. The talking weirwood face and Sam saying his vows to epic music, culminating in a beautiful shot of beyond the wall from through the gate... would be satisfactory at the least. But I think probably LS.

A good penultimate scene, but it isn't quite cliffhanger-ish enough for a final scene. Also, it doesn't fit in with the series' supernatural reveal theme for episode endings. My bet for the final scene would be either Lady Stoneheart's resurrection (probably the most likely) or Bran passing through the Nightfort gate. The talking weirwood face and Sam saying his vows to epic music, culminating in a beautiful shot of beyond the wall from through the gate... would be satisfactory at the least. But I think probably LS.

I think its way to early to bring in Lady StoneHeart, I would be pretty disappointed if they did that the very next episode after Cats death. the more likely option of the supernatural or fantasy type scenes to end on would be Sam bringing Bran down and through the Weirwood pass under the Wall, I don't think we will actually have ColdHands just yet either, but Sam and Gilly will set us up for him, and most likely tell Bran that CH wants them to bring him to the other side of the Wall to meet him. it might end with us seeing the giant elk or just with the Weirwood opening its mouth to let them through... (which would be awweeessoommee!!!) :)

I just posted in the other thread about the Black Gate at the Nighfort and how they will pull it off on tv. It's the most fantastical and cartoony thing in the books, and if they have a big talking wooden door whose mouth you enter to pass to the other side of the wall, it might just be goofy. how do you think they will pull this off on the show?

I think its way to early to bring in Lady StoneHeart, I would be pretty disappointed if they did that the very next episode after Cats death. the more likely option of the supernatural or fantasy type scenes to end on would be Sam bringing Bran down and through the Weirwood pass under the Wall, I don't think we will actually have ColdHands just yet either, but Sam and Gilly will set us up for him, and most likely tell Bran that CH wants them to bring him to the other side of the Wall to meet him. it might end with us seeing the giant elk or just with the Weirwood opening its mouth to let them through... (which would be awweeessoommee!!!) :)

I would like this, don't get me wrong... but unless we actually saw CH I would feel like this finale would just fall short of the past two... It would be like Dany walking into fire, it burning out to reveal her with her clothes burned off with three dragons climbing all over her. Then, Samwell seeing an army of undead and WW headed towards the fist of the first, then Bran meeting Sam and walking through a tree because somebody unknown wants to see him? I've honestly thought that they would end this season with LS since before I even joined this site, but I could see them not. I just hope that if they go the Bran route for the last scene, we at least get to see CH.

It is quite sure the Black Door will be the conclusion of the Bran and Sam arcs, but I really doubt it will be the last scene of the season... It could be, but my bet is still on Lady Stoneheart.

I'm of the same opinion as most of you. The season will likely end with Catelyn's resurrection, Mhysa, or Bran and co. passing through the gate (in which case, this would probably be the first time we see Coldhands). I think Mhysa would be too similar season 1's ending, and the gate may not be enough of an "oh shit" moment. LS is probably the best option, since it would be in keeping with previous endings' supernatural motif and provide closure to Beric's story line, as others have stated.

I don't think we're going to see an actual Coldhands this season, especially not as one of the last scenes of the finale. They'll save the hiring of someone for that role for next season. We might see a shadowy figure on a horse, or we may just see Bran and co pass through the door.

I'd say the end of the finale will feature news of Balon's death, Jon at Castle Black struggling with news of Robb's death while preparing for the wildling assault, and Bran passing beneath the Wall. Those can be in any order. Then we get Dany and the slaves calling her Mhysa. Big dramatic moment. Everybody assumes it's the last scene. And then... Cat found and brought back. Fade to black.

I used to think this too, but wouldn't the actual resurrection be more climatic than her just hanging freys next season? A shot of her opening her eyes would keep viewers talking, I almost feel like if they did the reveal next season people would have forgotten about her. If Ned had actually survived, don't you think it would have had a bigger if they showed that he was alive in episode 10, while the tragedy is still fresh, than if ned suddenly bursts into the Red Wedding long after everyone has excepted that he's dead? Stoneheart reveal a season and a half after she dies would just feel like a forced plot device to keep a character alive.

Another thing is, if they pet-sematary Cat in the last episode, what is she going to do for the whole of next season and the one after that? In the books LS's fate is still up in the air, so they can't end her arc too early.

I'm quite sure many people will, in season 4, refer to a bunch of outlaws lead by a stone-cold lady hanging Frey and Lannister in the Riverlands... the audience will put two and two together.

Another thing is, if they pet-sematary Cat in the last episode, what is she going to do for the whole of next season and the one after that? In the books LS's fate is still up in the air, so they can't end her arc too early.

Well D&D has shown to move around storylines, I feel that if they Uncat in episode 10, you will see Uncat in season 4.

Archived