Actors from the board who would like to be casted. (no spoilers)

A Bear covered in Fluff

I have read a few different cast threads as well as posts elsewhere about fellow forum goers who are actors or have had acting training and experience who are interested in joining the cast of GoT. (My roommate being one of them).

How would one go about contacting the casting crew and auditioning? I do know that several of the current roles have had video auditions and some were put up on youtube. But if you wanted to find out the casting calls for a particular role, how can you access that information?

Figured I was not the only one who's questioned this but I did not see a topic on this matter in this subforum. (Sorry if this is a repeated thread)

How would one go about contacting the casting crew and auditioning? I do know that several of the current roles have had video auditions and some were put up on youtube. But if you wanted to find out the casting calls for a particular role, how can you access that information?

I'm one of the guys who made my own audition video and then put it on YouTube (before I saw George say in an interview that doing that was a bad idea).

Where are you based? I think it's pretty unlikely you'd get cast unless you're based in the UK, or famous. Castings are put on the website, Spotlight, and then your agent would need to submit you for the relevant role.

I'm an actor who would love to audition for this. I am personally improving my profile to suit this type of series. Taking horse riding lessons/stage+weapon combat training etc

It's useful stuff to have, but this has been my drive to do it.

Sadly i have yet to get myself some professional credit to really make myself appealing to the likes of Nina Gold. I would presume she follows similar rules to that of Hubbard casting, which is that the better agent you have, the more likely they will remember you (Dan Hubbard's words)

I'd love to audition for one of the characters, but the only one i think i would have suited would be Ramsey (in looks and character), but i guess that wasn't meant to be.

Heck i'd love to be an extra in this.

Btw, jayuk83, saw your audition video and was really impressed, hope someone in the production team do see it :)

• 4 weeks later...

I'm an actor who would love to audition for this. I am personally improving my profile to suit this type of series. Taking horse riding lessons/stage+weapon combat training etc

It's useful stuff to have, but this has been my drive to do it.

Sadly i have yet to get myself some professional credit to really make myself appealing to the likes of Nina Gold. I would presume she follows similar rules to that of Hubbard casting, which is that the better agent you have, the more likely they will remember you (Dan Hubbard's words)

I'd love to audition for one of the characters, but the only one i think i would have suited would be Ramsey (in looks and character), but i guess that wasn't meant to be.

Heck i'd love to be an extra in this.

Btw, jayuk83, saw your audition video and was really impressed, hope someone in the production team do see it :)

Sorry, only just seen this. Yeah, it really is about how good your agent is. The industry is such a catch22. People say "oh, look, they're giving new talent like Kit Harington a chance", etc, but it's still only because of who he's represented by. It's such a tough process.

Thanks - appreciate the kind words. I just want somebody involved to see it!

• 3 weeks later...

i a an aspiring actress but with no work i have no show reel with no show reel i am not gonna get a decent agent (i also have no money whatsoever) and with no agent im probably not gonna get any work.

but it's been a dream of mine for awhile now that if they ever cast Mya Stone, i'd love to do it. I LOOK like her, and im sure quite a few people in the vale in the show had welshy accent and well...im welsh, haha.

it is but a sweet summer dream

i a an aspiring actress but with no work i have no show reel with no show reel i am not gonna get a decent agent (i also have no money whatsoever) and with no agent im probably not gonna get any work.

but it's been a dream of mine for awhile now that if they ever cast Mya Stone, i'd love to do it. I LOOK like her, and im sure quite a few people in the vale in the show had welshy accent and well...im welsh, haha.

it is but a sweet summer dream

If you get an agent, my experience is that you don't have to pay them, until they get you a job. They only sign you when you start getting stuff, but even still, you're not paying for them. Look for agents like this, they are out there. I used to have one.

You have a good chance though! The closest I get to Game of Thrones is Boardwalk Empire extras. And that time I met Emilia Clarke when she was doing a show in New York.

Archived