Everyones Favorite of the 5?

Sherlockian

I haven't read affc and adwd yet but Ithink it's the best of the first three books because of a lot of reasons:

1 You are introdused into Jaime's pov and Iloved that because Icould see everything from his side and then he was a very

I haven't read affc and adwd yet but Ithink it's the best of the first three books because of a lot of reasons:

1 You are introdused into Jaime's pov and Iloved that because Icould see everything from his side and then he was a very good character, even one of my favorite characters.

2 There are a lot of changes with the statuses of the characters and kings. This was also in the first two books, but in this one even more.

3 There is so much change in which king rules what area and which person is lord of an area.

This changes a lot more than in the first tao books and I like that a lot.

4 A lot of important characters die (I don't mean exactly for the story but mighty people. --> There are a lot of characters that get more or less power than in the beginning of the book and as I allready told Ilike these changes.

I know these reasons are all a bit of the same.

There may be other reasons, but these are the first I can think of.

so far ASOS- moved everyone's story arc further alot of cool fights etc. then things slow down in AFFC which didn't have any of my fav characters in it, ADWD is slow too... I'm hoping that the pace will pick up in WOW. (It'll have to, if Martin is going to finish the series with ADOS)

Yeah I would have to agree with the posters above. It really has to do with the pacing and the revelations you receive as you progress through the book. A lot of ground is covered in this book and it seems like everything is racing towards the tipping point. After the wild ride that is ASoS it's pretty jarring to hit AFFC and chug along at a snail's pace.

Haven't read affc or adwd yet, but so far I'm on asos. There is so much going on, both mentally and story progression. There is this hopeless, melancholic feel to everything near the end, which I liked.

ASOS is (arguably, of course), the most exciting and has some of the most satisfying resolutions of any of the five books thus far. The first three books were originally envisioned as just one book, so a lot of things that had been building up since day one finally get resolved here.

Though on further reading I might be leaning to Dance as my favorite. The first three are the most interesting on the first read but the last two are an inscrutable wealth of intrigue and secrets upon rereads.

• 2 months later...

Archived