Targaryens are Inflammable

Dr. Pepper

It's no question that Targaryens are inflammable. The text has proven this, the author has explicitly confirmed this. This thread isn't meant to argue whether the text and the author are wrong about the abilities of various characters or houses. This thread is meant for those who agree that Targaryens are indeed inflammable. Here is some supplemental reading in case of confusion.

What do you think the point is in introducing House Targaryen as incombustible? Why would Martin include characters like Dany and Egg who claim fire retardant capabilities only to have characters like Dany, Egg, Aerion, Rhaenyra and others be proven as inflammable?

I have written my response to this in another thread, but I am curious to see what sorts of ideas others may have.

Dany is inert.

It was clearly missing in this chemical analysis, and there, at last I have finally provided the final proof, that will end, once and for all the Targ combustion confusion.

I feel achieved. It's time for a beer. :cheers:

Trollolololol.

Btdubbs: Aren't flammable and inflammable actually synonyms? As in, "able to be set on fire"?

Inflammable means the opposite of incombustible. Yes.

Do you have an idea on why House Targaryen believes themselves incombustible when they are in fact inflammable?

Inflammable means the opposite of incombustible. Yes.

Do you have an idea on why House Targaryen believes themselves incombustible when they are in fact inflammable?

I think the phrase you are looking for is "to hoist with one's own petard."

Agreed. Her love of taking hot baths is one expression of her high tolerance for heat. Is it possible the reason she's fireproof is because she's waterlogged?

And she spents a lot of time in mediterrane climate. The gal has herself carried around a hot city by sweating freedmen without breaking a sweat herself, that's even more proof.

Agreed. Her love of taking hot baths is one expression of her high tolerance for heat. Is it possible the reason she's fireproof is because she's waterlogged?

This is an interesting premise to consider. But I think we can rule out the idea of waterlogging due to Jon. He's both ice and fire, and yet he's still been burnt. His ice side couldn't protect him from that.

I'd argue against trying to find a greater purpose for it. It's like asking why the Lannisters claim to always pay their debts when they demonstrably do not. The best explanation is probably that the author needed to establish how truly delusional Viserys was.

This is an interesting premise to consider. But I think we can rule out the idea of waterlogging due to Jon. He's both ice and fire, and yet he's still been burnt. His ice side couldn't protect him from that.

False.

Ice can be set on fire. As demonstrated here... http://www.instructables.com/id/Flammable-Ice/

I think that proves definitively that Jon and Dany are King and Queen of the universe.

BTW, when did you realize or realise Dany was inflammable?

Btdubbs: Aren't flammable and inflammable actually synonyms? As in, "able to be set on fire"?

Check the O.E.D. if unflammable or aflammable are words because that could eliminate a lot of the confusion re. references to Dany's inflammability.

Archived