Targaryens are Inflammable

Dr. Pepper

False.

Ice can be set on fire. As demonstrated here... http://www.instructa.../Flammable-Ice/

you know that is literally just a reaction in which water in the form of ice is a cosmetic choice rather than necessary to the reaction?

it requires the water to melt and react with the calcium carbide

so you just proved that a reaction needs a reactant to continue

stay tuned for basic algebra folks

you know that is literally just a reaction in which water in the form of ice is a cosmetic choice rather than necessary to the reaction?

it requires the water to melt and react with the calcium carbide

so you just proved that a reaction needs a reactant to continue

stay tuned for basic algebra folks

(It's a joke inside a joke thread)

Stayed tuned for basic sarcasm folks! ;)

BTW, when did you realize or realise Dany was inflammable?

I started wondering around the time Dany thought that fire could not kill a dragon as Viserys lay dying of molten metal. The pyre fooled me for a bit, but then in the Red Waste when she had to cover her naked scalp with the lion's pelt to protect it from the elements, and when she couldn't stand to drink scalding water they found, and when she rejoiced at finding cool shade in Vaes Tolorro...well that lead to me thinking she was in fact inflammable. Of course, ADWD was one long resource of all the ways Dany was not resistant to heat or fire.

Dr. P, you are the greatest troll of all time...

Wtf? This isn't a troll thread. Serious question and only Faint has bothered to respond in kind.

I suppose one must be stupid in order to garner serious responses in their threads.

not one.

man, she didn't even break a god damn sweat

(she was just burning on the inside)

and she sat there, consumed with

for the rest of the evening

eta: in retrospect i should have linked blue oyster cult, not dolly parton

Wtf? This isn't a troll thread. Serious question and only Faint has bothered to respond in kind.

I suppose one must be stupid in order to garner serious responses in their threads.

hey, I responded seriously. It's not my fault you chose to dismiss the evidence in favor of your habitual wishcasting.

This is an interesting premise to consider. But I think we can rule out the idea of waterlogging due to Jon. He's both ice and fire, and yet he's still been burnt. His ice side couldn't protect him from that.

Well, according your research, the fact that Jon was burned proves he's a Targ since they're inflammable. The fact that Dany is fireproof definitively proves that she's not actually a Targ in light of your compilation. Do you think she could be Ashara Dayne's child with Brandon Stark? Barristan did say she reminds him of Ashara.

and she sat there, consumed with

for the rest of the evening

eta: in retrospect i should have linked blue oyster cult, not dolly parton

You mean that time Dany sings

to Daario? and all of Westeros cringes?

(btw. what happend to Ero?)

Maybe my favorite post on this forum. (sorry that post in the Ser Pounce thread, you got bumped)

At the same time, sorry OP. I don't mean to support the grammar police I just love grammar based humor. I happen to be an engineer in RL and you would not believe how many Principle Engineer business cards there are out there. LOL! Maybe they should read some of our morality threads on this board.

To try to respond seriously to your question, my opinion is that the degree of fire immunity corresponds to their "Targaryen-ness." So Viserys being killed by molten gold in a way shows how "un-Targaryen" he is (as Dany herself thinks). This applies to Quentyn as well.

But Targs aren't always fire-resistant (as the burns on Dany's hands in aDwD suggest and as you point out in your OP) so it is somewhat ambiguous. I would postulate that the ability to become fire resistant under certain specific circumstances (such as hatching dragons) is an indication of Targaryen-ness.

hey, I responded seriously. It's not my fault you chose to dismiss the evidence in favor of your habitual wishcasting.

Well, according your research, the fact that Jon was burned proves he's a Targ since they're inflammable. The fact that Dany is fireproof definitively proves that she's not actually a Targ in light of your compilation. Do you think she could be Ashara Dayne's child with Brandon Stark? Barristan did say she reminds him of Ashara.

jfc, can't you ever let me have anything?!?

(btw. what happend to Ero?)

Shhh. If we don't talk about it, it won't be true.

Shhh. If we don't talk about it, it won't be true.

well...after poking at each other for a few days, we just recently became friends :(

I encourage this thread though! keep it alive! The thermodynamics of Danaerys Stormborn must live ON!!

If Jon weighs as much as a Duck, he must be a Targ.

Archived