[Book Spoilers] EP305 Discussion

Ran

Another great episode. Loved the bath scene. So well done. Nikolaj is such a great actor. Loved the Hound/Beric fight and Arya's scene was so heartbreaking. Watching Charles Dance chomping the scenery to bits was quite impressive as well!. The ending was creepy as hell. Loved that little nod to us book fans. :D

Great episode, probably the best writing for the season (besides GRRM's episode). Shireen didn't look monstrous enough - you could tell she was a cute girl with face makeup on, but that's a minor nitpick. Loras sex scene was unexpected but makes sense for the plotline truncation. Ending was brilliant - great way to send a shiver down tv audience spines.

Shireen did not look nearly as depressed/sickly as I expected she would. The greyscale looked nasty, but Shireen seemed cheerful. Didn't really pay attention to book Shireen, but I feel so sorry for the TV version. Dragonstone is no place for a child like that...

And Maisie Williams is the best actress on the show. Quite easily, actually. I'm a grown ass man and her scene with Thoros and Beric was getting to me.

Good episode, though. Not quite like last week's bombastic episode, but still very solid.

I agree. Also, Melisandre's absence has provided a nice opportunity for some fleshing out of Stannis and his family. I loved Dillane's awkwardness around both Selyse and Shireen. Hopefully we will see more of this!

Incredible episode. It topped last week, and I was worried for some type of letdown. Every piece of the puzzle was immaculately placed. So many great performances. For all the worry over Stannis, we finally got some real meat on the bones. With Selyse and Shireen in the picture, and Mel out of the picture, we finally get to see glimpses of the real Stannis -- just like in the books.

And, the song! The song! Oh, oh, oh!

This episode was fabulous. I actually teared up a few times - when Arya told Gendry she'd be his family, when Jaime told the story about how he came to kill Mad King Aerys, I even felt bad when the Karstarks killed the Lannisters children. Shireen was so good, the greyscale wasn't exactly how I imagined but well done nonetheless and Selyse was creeptastic. I loved how Shireen ran and hugged Stannis and he didn't quite know what to do. I'm in the 'Talisa is a spy' camp, and Robb just handed her his plans. The final scene where Tyrion is told that he's to marry Sansa and that Cersei has to remarry as well was NAILED. This episode was amazing. Bryan Cogman is just great. I loved how Shireen started to teach Davos how to read!

I'm a little bummed with Selyse's normal looking appearance. I was looking forward to seeing those Florent ears and mustache. I appreciate a good 'stache.

Her baby collection gave the viewers a look into just how delusional and gone she really is. We book readers know that already.

Man they really made Selyse batshit insane on the show. I don't really mind, but damn.

That duel was fantastic. Really gives me hope that they can do justice to the Mountain/Viper duel next season. Definitely the best fight choreography this show has given us so far.

Yes! Bath scene was very striking and delivered well

The fight between the Hound and Beric in the opening, one of the best duels in the entire series.

Shireen now teaching Davos to read is more touching than the books, great positive change for TV.

Wasn't crazy about the way they set up Jon and Ygritte's love scene, although the scene was epic. I just really liked the story about the cave and how it felt like they really were far away from everyone else. This version wasn't quite as romantic.

Thoros, Arya, and Beric scene was really awesome too. I love the casual manner of Thoros speaking on resurrecting Beric.