[Book Spoilers] EP305 Discussion

Ran

Varys' little birds.

That's what I thought. Just someone in the world saw all the Karstarks rush off. Karstark being executed is kind of a big deal. I am sure lots of Ravens went out.

I don't think there is anything nefarious about Robb's wife. I think they just thought it would be more interesting and less complicated for her to be a foreigner with no real back story.

Littlefinger’s little smile after Cersei mentioned that she’d like him to be better at keeping an eye on the Tyrells than at finding Arya was more evidence to me, at least, that he did recognize her at Harrenhal.

IIRC that question was answered an episode or so ago - definitively.

So, can anyone direct me to the episode discussion?

No, the incest isn't the reason for his ambition, true. Though it is the primary force behind his plan. Without it, the plan simply doesn't work. Her incest/bastards were the primary reason for Ned, Stannis, Renly and John Arryn to take the actions that they did.

Renly didn't rebel because he believed that Joffrey was the son of Jaime. He rebelled because he thought that, despite Joffrey being the son of Robert, he was a monster.

Really? Because I thought that she was pretty much exactly as she was in the books during this episode.

She barely made an appearance at all, except to stand in the background looking sad. The show is treating her like a background character.

If you lost your children in a war or any other way you would go crazy as well , probably would try the revenge , keeping some awkward stuff home and etc.

Dont say that someone is insane or crazy just because after so much pain they had no other choice but to give up from the normal life ....

The moral of the story

Dont sex your sister or you get a child like Joffrey , start wars and stuff .....

I didn't quite catch that bit in the episode where Tywin told Cersei she's going to marry Loras instead. So, is Loras the heir to Highgarden in the show? If yes then I am upset because I've always wanted to, if not meet, but hear something about Willas (and with Willas is Garlan). Tywin should've also proposed that Cersei also consider marrying Oberyn Martell because, idk, don't you think it's about time they set up the appearance of the Martells since the Royal Wedding is fast approaching?

Loras is the only Tyrell son on the TV show, he rocks Renly's armor, and he isn't in the Kingsguard so he can inherit. They mention Dorne when sending off Myrcella. I think they will probably start up again a lot with the planning of Joffrey's wedding, but I don't think they have cast any of the Martell's so we wont see them until next season. I assume that also means Joffrey will make it to next season.

Loved this episode. Bryan Cogman did fantastic writing.

Bringing the character Shireen from the book to TV... that little actress nailed it. I loved her interaction with Davos. I like the actor who is playing Davos..does a fine job.

The credits where she sings Patchface's prophecy..excellent touch.

Queen Selyse is a zealot and bat crazy..so the fetus in jars is one way of exposing it I guess. I also think like others that the fetus may be used instead of leaches later. :ack:

Loved the bath scene with Brienne and Jaimie.

Grey Worm and explaining the reason behind the names..perfect.

Barristan and Jorah..great exchange and I think it might set up exposure of Jorah to Dany.

Arya and Gendry made me cry. The hound and Beric..just that whole scene ..was so well done.

This entire episode was really well done.

If I had one bit of complaint it is the Rob scenes. I never understood why they had Rob laugh last episode when Edmure is trying to shoot the arrow. Its his grandfather's funeral and his Mother is upset..just seemed out of character for Rob to laugh then. Again this episode with Rob...oh well its TV not the books.

If I had one bit of complaint it is the Rob scenes. I never understood why they had Rob laugh last episode when Edmure is trying to shoot the arrow. Its his grandfather's funeral and his Mother is upset..just seemed out of character for Rob to laugh then. Again this episode with Rob...oh well its TV not the books.

I rather like Edmure as the family bonehead. Blackfish was nicer about it in the books too. Maybe a guy thing. Not canon but I liked it. Brains skipped a generation in that family.

Renly didn't rebel because he believed that Joffrey was the son of Jaime. He rebelled because he thought that, despite Joffrey being the son of Robert, he was a monster.

She barely made an appearance at all, except to stand in the background looking sad. The show is treating her like a background character.

She's a wet blanket throughout the book. I have to make sure I have my Zoloft on when I read her POV. She can be in the background looking sad and be totally true to the book. IMHO of course! YMMV

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: You're killing me. Someone should create a thread about that in the "Sansa is the worst person in Westeros" style.

There is one;

http://ifcatelynlove...now.tumblr.com/

I liked the discussion, I'll admit that I may ship Jaime and Cersei more than I should.

ETA: Or did you mean a thread about what caused the war?

Edited by Valonqar_

There is one;

I liked the discussion, I'll admit that I may ship Jaime and Cersei more than I should.

Yeah! Also there's this http://tumblrofthrones.tumblr.com/post/47452026335/souberbielle-if-catelyn-had-loved-jon-snow

There is one;

Yeah, but those are blogs, I mean a thread, like this one, which I love, but with Catelyn instead of Sansa.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/30326-sansa-is-the-worst-person-in-westeros/

Yeah, I really enjoyed the discusion, and as bad, odd, and unlikely as it sounds, the more I talk about Cersei, the more I like her. I'm starting to understand her.

Also, a thread about who started the war would be very interesting, too.

You mean this episode is. She had two lengthy monologues in episodes 2 and 3, she's hardly a background character.

Yes, but one of those monologues was extremely out of character. And in this episode she did just stand in the back, while half of her book lines were given to Talisa, which happens every other episode, so it's really starting to annoy me. Talisa has gotten all Cat's best characteristics, like advocating for peace, for example.

Yeah, I really enjoyed the discusion, and as bad, odd, and unlikely as it sounds, the more I talk about Cersei, the more I like her. I'm starting to understand her.

Also, a thread about who started the war would be very interesting, too.

Yes! To both of those. I used to love Cersei, then after reading AFFC I hated her. Now I think I love her again thanks to this amazing forum.

Yes, but one of those monologues was extremely out of character. And in this episode she did just stand in the back, while half of her book lines were given to Talisa, which happens every other episode, so it's really starting to annoy me. Talisa has gotten all Cat's best characteristics, like advocating for peace, for example.

Not going to get into that argument over that monologue again. What other episode apart from this one did Talisa get Cat's lines? As far as I can tell, just this one. Peacefulness is the only characteristic that Talisa could possibly have gotten. Anyway, her and Talisa both advocated the same thing this episode, so I'm not entirely sure what your talking about.

Hey guys. It's been a while since I posted. But..

Loved the episode. I need to rewatch bc I missed a few things like most of the dialogue between Koran and selmy.

I thought there were a few give aways here though. One being for people who think patchface is a blackfyre. Since they wrote him out I don't think that will be the case.

But the way that thoros resurrected beric seemed like a big deal to mean. I mean we know that they can be resurrected, but didnt know the process or what was needed. Since it happens instantly when the red priest just goes to the body and whispers the prayer... It seemed very possible and even more likely to me that this is what Mel will do with Jon.