[Book Spoilers] EP305 Discussion

Ran

Btw who else thinks Blackfish looked like a fuckin badass when he slugged Karstark for his snarky remark towards Robb? Whether it's on tv or in the books Blackfish remains a total boss!

Fuck yeah, I think that was one of my favorite things about the episode. Right hook outta nowhere.

Great episode!

Brienne and Jaime's bath scene went down perfectly! Great acting on both their parts, especially Nikolaj!

Arya/Hound/Beric

Tywin/Cersei/Tyrion. Tywin is one scary man!

Shireen (the blonde thing only bugs me slightly, but sweet child, great actor, love that they're combining her with Patches and Plyo... I was looking forward to Patches, but I understand the whole budget thing!)

And I loved we got a bit of Dany! She wasn't in the previews for this ep, so seeing her was a pleasant surprise! And Grey Worm!

loved it!

Fuck yeah, I think that was one of my favorite things about the episode. Right hook outta nowhere.

I seriously just keep watching that scene over and over, love the mean mug look Blackfish gives gives Karstark right after he socks him. Haha classic Blackfish.

What about when Ned tells Varys to stop the assassination in front of Selmny just after robert died. was it mentioned then?

Barristan is not privy to who the informants are in the show. He only hears of the assassination plot.

--------------

I loved the Robb & Catlyn scenes. Cat is looking more and more like

un-meow

and Robb's no-mercy execution has shades of Joffrey.

Edited by Vegeta_Greyjoy

I wonder if they are going to keep in the plot about Varys sending barristan to her, and if so that means he knows that varys knows who received that letter, and may have asked him and selmy is just playing coy for now

I'm not sure if that's how it will go down, but there is obvious tension brewing between Barristan and Jorah and I think Barristan knows something that will come out in an argument towards the end of the season.

A good, if not great, episode.

Favorite scenes:

1. Tywin & kids - lots of family resentments running rampant here. Cersei is so smug it's ridiculous, thinking she's one-upped Tyrion and proved her worth in Daddy's eyes, when Daddy orders her to become a broodmare again, this time for Margaery Tyrell's gay little brother. Tywin cracks the familial whip. Sorrow for Sansa in store.

2. Dragonstone - the most we've got into Stannis' character that I can remember. He meanders around as if he's vaguely searching for connubial affection from Selyse (whose passion is for Rh'lorr, not Stannis) and paternal affection from little Shireen (who is the only person I think we've seen give Stannis a hug without proceeding to have wild, shadow-making sex). It's so sad because Stannis doesn't seem to have the least idea of how to connect with either his wife or child. Shireen wants to love her father, but Stannis can't even bring himself to hug her back; and her only visible toy was made by Davos, rather than given by Stannis. And may I say that the young actress playing Shireen does an outstanding job, portraying an intelligent, good-natured and very lonely child.

3. The Hound/Beric duel, with Beric's sword blazing, and Arya herself on fire with a passion for vengeance that is denied. The fight looked very real and rather scary. The Arya/Gendry moments were very well done, thanks to Maisie Williams, who continues to prove herself a fine actress.

4. Dany & her Unsullied. I liked the interaction between the Mother of Dragons and 'Grey Worm'.

Major points for the omission of Ros! Major Faults for Loras jumping into bed with the cute squire rather than mourning Renly for at least awhile longer; and wouldn't you think his granny would have told him to keep quiet about the future hoped-for marriage to the supposed Winterfell heiress?

The problem is also that her parent´s do both have dark hair. I think I already said that in this thread, but I think it might be some greyscale-related discoloration.

that could be, but i wish they would clarify at some point. but just because genetics and hair color regarding the baratheon family ahs been, umm, a major plot point

I feel now I am finally convinced that they've made Talisa into a spy. Firstly, it replaces the betrayal of Jeyne's mother in the books, and shifts the betrayal to Talisa. Same result, more heart break.

And, of course, Robb will understand his betrayal at the red wedding, right before Bolton sticks the dagger in. Yes, she will attend with him, and when he reaches for her, crossbow bolt in his back, she will stand just behind Bolton, somber look on her face, and watch him get killed as he stares at her in all his heartbroken hotness. In fact, if Talisa IS NOT a spy, I will be really disappointed!!

I also think this Talisa reveal will also take the place of the Shae betrayal. I do think Shae will be forced to speak at the trial, but against her wishes. I believe they will set up the Shae storyline to be a sort of tragic misunderstanding. She really cared for Tyrion, but was set up, blackmailed and threatened. When Tyrion finds her, she tries to explain, but Tyrion, in his rage, won't believe her.. then it's all... "hands of cold are always cold... but a woman's hands are warm..."

Edited by Moon-Pale Maiden

Are you for real? This is just assuming things. Ygritte even says, after saving Jon from Rattleshirt, something like "now we're even". What do you think she was referring to, if not that he had not killed her?

It seems Darth has lost his thinking cap/helmet. Quite annoying and I have to thank you for doing what I didn't feel like doing.

Ygritte KNOWS Jon missed her on purpose. She repeated taunts him, saying he can't kill her.

Edited by BlueDragon

I feel now I am finally convinced that they've made Talisa into a spy. Firstly, it replaces the betrayal of Jeyne's mother in the books, and shifts the betrayal to Talisa. Same result, more heart break.

And, of course, Robb will understand his betrayal at the red wedding, right before Bolton sticks the dagger in. Yes, she will attend with him, and when he reaches for her, crossbow bolt in his back, she will stand just behind Bolton, somber look on her face, and watch him get killed as he stares at her in all his heartbroken hotness. In fact, if Talisa IS NOT a spy, I will be really disappointed!!

I also think this Talisa reveal will also take the place of the Shae betrayal. I do think Shae will be forced to speak at the trial, but against her wishes. I believe they will set up the Shae storyline to be a sort of tragic misunderstanding. She really cared for Tyrion, but was set up, blackmailed and threatened. When Tyrion finds her, she tries to explain, but Tyrion, in his rage, won't believe her.. then it's all... "hands of cold are always cold... but a woman's hands are warm..."

Just out of curiosity what evidence/scenes in the tv series have lead you to suspect she's a spy? I just want to know because i'm starting to suspect the same thing and I wanna see if ppl are getting the same outlook on certain scenes involving her that I am.

Hated the Loras scene and hate that they have changed him into some whore. Hate that they did away with Willas.

Hate there's no Patchface. It isn't as creepy. Fetus jars were stupid.

Do non-readers remember Selmy sitting in on the small council and knowing about Jorah?

Edited by WillWork4NinjaPowers

Can't believe how much of this thread was wasted on the twincest causing the war. We all know LF and Varys are the driving forces of conspiracy in the realm. Do you really think that if the twincest wouldn't have happened, LF wouldn't have found another way to manipulate the 7 Kingdoms into civil war - or, at the very least, so that he could rise in position? LF is driven and ambitious enough to have found a way.

Just out of curiosity what evidence/scenes in the tv series have lead you to suspect she's a spy? I just want to know because i'm starting to suspect the same thing and I wanna see if ppl are getting the same outlook on certain scenes involving her that I am.

I wish I would have thought of it myself, but someone here linked a really cool video that pieces it all together. Until I saw the video, I was just taking everything at face value. See what you think after watching it and report back...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsTVnZm9hFg

Am now gleefully looking forward to what should be the upcoming Cersei - Loras - Margaery plot to have Joffrey appoint Loras to the KG. This will then: Neatly foil one aspect of Tywin's plot, stop Cersei getting married off again (at least this time) and free Loras to keep on grieving for Renly, avoid a sham marriage, and keep on following his own sexual preferences.

Gods, I hope not. I don't want the producers to take a side on Shae being in Tywin's bed.

Hated the Loras scene and hate that they have changed him into some whore. Hate that they did away with Willas.

Hate there's no Patchface. It isn't as creepy. Fetus jars were stupid.

Do non-readers remember Selmy sitting in on the small council and knowing about Jorah?

Yes, actually.. isn't this how Jorah is outed? He was there, correct? So, he lied to Jorah about knowing?

Edited by Moon-Pale Maiden