Ran

What was wrong with Stannis's daughter(her face)? I feel like it said something in the book, but I must not have found it relevant if it did.

Just curious what do you mean by Edrik? I remember Edrick Storm at Storm's End.

She had Greyscale as a child. Never mentioned in the show so I wonder what non-readers thought of it.

Not sure if I should spoiler the last one but might as well

He just found it funny since they cut the character out completely but still managed to chuck in a little inside joke for us book readers. Funnily enough this could also be true for Edric Dayne, who is yet to be seen in the series.

Edited by Darkstar For King

She had Greyscale as a child. Never mentioned in the show so I wonder what non-readers thought of it.

I had no idea what was wrong with her face, and it was fairly disturbing to see, so I had to look her up in the Ice and Fire Wiki.

He just found it funny since they cut the character out completely but still managed to chuck in a little inside joke for us book readers. Funnily enough this could also be true for Edric Dayne, who is yet to be seen in the series.

Gotcha thanks.

I know I am a little late to comment on this episode, but in my defense it was Easter Week :cool4: .

So this episode was one of the better ones for me, cause of character development for every one.

To start of from the beginning.

The Hound and Beric Dondarrion - The fight was great, firey sword awesome, I thought the Hound would die, but yet again I was surprised (this is why I love it), And just like that Beric was dead. :stunned: And by the simple words of a priest he is alive. :stunned: They turned me in to believer. So the Lord of the Light is not to be messed around with. I tought that was just aahh, like all religions but The Night is Dark and Ful of Terrores. He has been risen six times, The Lord must really love him. And by this time I knew this is going to be great ep.

Arya - I am really sorry for her. She is full of anger and pain, and she is just a girl. So sad. I feel for her and I feel with her. I understand everything she is going trought, it is not easy. She needs someone to be dead, anybody she hates. She was very hurt when Gendry said that he is staying and letting her go. "I will be your family" "You will be M'Lady." It put tears in my eyes. If the circumstances were diferent she would need a hug from her mother but from this point she needs to learn to how to manage her anger and aim streight. As much as I hate what she is going throught I like it cause for me she is the stronges Stark of all. And I am very interested in her story and how it will go from now. I think Brothers can teach her a lot.

Stannis - This episode were full of storytelling and I love it.I knew he had a wife and a daughter but I didnt expect this. This ep surprised me in so many ways. Maybe for those who read the books this was the chill ep, but for me it was enlightenment, I found out so many things that had been puzzeling me. So Stannis is feeling guilt couse he is soft when it comes to redheads, he is trying to apologize and his wife is giving him blesings, and keeping their sons in jars. That was disturbing but then again life can make you crazy. I can see why is the way he is, without a smile. His story is moving, he too is in grief, and that is why his face is in constant pain. That is what had bothered me about him from the start and now I know. His little girl is so sweet. She is a true child full of life and love. I see him as the king of the North now.

Jon Snow - Every ep with him brings smile to my face :blushing:. And this one gave me :drool:. Ok now to the story. I truly believe that he is loyal to the Crows, because if he is not I would be so disappointed... He is the only one innocent, loyal, brave, ... Oh, I can go on and on and on. He is for me from the start the best character. He got all the good ones. No sins at all. I can not finde a bad bone in him. How will he be crushed is yet to be seen, but crushing him will be a hard job to do. We have seen him not obeying the vows, but then who can blame him. :drool: sorry. He has to be the one who will do good always.

Rob - Ok, he is one of my favourite characters, but now he is just doing stupid mistakes one after another. Karstark killed some Lannister boys. So! They were kids, but then killing kids in a war is ok. They were Lannisters. I understand the Karstark wanted to kill them, maybe it is not moral or a good chioce but understandable it is. What is not understandable is Rob killing Karstark. The Lannisters killed your father, they are keeping your sisters,you are in war with them. Hey!!!! And you cut of his head. You should give him a medal. losing half of his army. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Rob need same good spanking. Pride is a sin no matter who you are. I do not like proud people they are very vain. And what does he do next more stupid, stupid, stupid thing he call a guythat he stabbed in the back and think he will come runing to him with a smile, you think wrong., dude. You just lost the war, and he was winning. Stupid!

Littlefinger - This guy gives me the creeps. The game he is playing is devious, but he knows how to play. giving Sansa one more chance to come with him. And Sansa, oh teenage girls in love are blind as bats. The best thing for Sansa knowing the end of this ep was to go with him and save her self, but like I said blind as a bet. But Littlefinger knows his game and goes down with a bang.

Dany - Involving Dany in to a story even douhshe isnt paticipating is so magnificently written. The two men are fighting over who is going to be her first man, so viciously atacking eachother, and yet showing her respect on a high level. If she isnt the Queen I dont know who is. And in a scene where she is participating she is so strong, brave, honest and caring that is breathtaking. I love scenes with her.

Jamie - It takes more than "My name is Jamie." to lift my confidance in him. I dont trust him a beat. Myabe he was honest and truthfull in his confession, but I do not believe he is changed at all. Every time he has a chance he will say his father name and he thinks he will get a pass, cause his dad will pay any money for him. So arogant and selfish. He is all adore me, love me. Boo hoo! Grab up a sword and fight!

The Lannisters - This finale blow me of like the last one, and this is why I dont know wich one is better. Papa Lannister is the Man. He is the Dude not to be messed around with. I take my hat down. I knew that Tyron is going to marry Sansa but to be put to him like that I was blown away. There is not arguaging with Papa, his eyes will burn you. Cerasi couldnt get the smile of her face while her father were saying "I will not let the Tyrells take the key to the north right in front of our noses." "Sansa is the key to the north?"Oh, Cerasi what a fool you are. Bang! "You will marry Loras!" "No, I wont!" "Oh yes you will!". And there it is the smile is gone. Papa knows something that no one knows, and has a great wining strategy. He thinks he is the Winner. His crush has to be big and painful.

In aditional this is how I see the positions now. the North is falling apart. Robb is lost, Stannis is broken, and the Riders men fleeing towords the wall and The Watch are small, and with the Army of whitwalkers and zombies they have to find a new Leader to take comande of fallen North. An I only see Stannis to be the one to take over the North. And tel Lannisters are trying to take controle over The Seven Kingdoms, and are on the right track. And Dany taking the South bit by bit.

Cheers

Edited by ma_liky

Hey what did Gendry mean when he said "I wouldn't be your family, but you would be my lady", he said something like that, did he mean that he would always be lesser or what?

That's what I got out of it. But really Gendry is a highborn bastard himself, he just doesn't know it.

I loved the episode, but I am confused about the Sansa/Loras, Cercei/Loras marriage arrangements. Wasn't one of the agreements for the Tyrell/Lannister alliance to have Loras be part of the king's gaurd? And they can't have wives, right? Or am I confusing that with the books?

What was wrong with Stannis's daughter(her face)? I feel like it said something in the book, but I must not have found it relevant if it did.

Just curious what do you mean by Edrik? I remember Edrick Storm at Storm's End.

And yet another NO SPOILER thread that mentions someting from the books.