How would you rate episode 305?

Ran

How would you rate episode 305?  

700 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the episode on a scale of 1 to 10

They've made Arya a little soft and Maise had a little trouble with the material. Beric was awesome. Jaime and Brienne was great. I even liked Selyse, but where's the stache.

And, that Patchface song at the end sung by Shereen was erie.

First ten of the season. Didn't have a huge "Dracarys" like moment, but it flowed great and scenes just feel so much stronger when they are verbatim from the book. The Jon/Ygritte scene was good, although I feel it would have been much stronger if they'd spent more time on them in the first four episodes. And to be honest, I wasn't totally absorbed by the Kingslayer's acting nor the directing in the bath scene.

"And Now His Watch is Ended" had a really terrific finale, and the Old Bear's death, but if you look at what came before closely, it wasn't that far above an average episode. It was elevated by the finish. This episode is good through and through (except for the character assassination of Loras Tyrell, grr), and in my opinion it's the best episode of the season to date, so I've given it a 9.

Edited by Ran

They've made Arya a little soft and Maise had a little trouble with the material. Beric was awesome. Jaime and Brienne was great. I even liked Selyse, but where's the stache.

And, that Patchface song at the end sung by Shereen was erie.

I thought Maisie was brilliant in the scene with Beric & Thoros

And yeah, Shireen singing over the credits was very creepy, loved it.

I loved the Davos and Shireen scenes.

Bathtub scene was memorable, but I'm looking forward to watch it again (I could' get all the dialogue)

Lord's kiss and Hound VS Beric were great too.

And the Cersei-Loras marriage was very surprising to me, I like that book readers like us still get surprises.

Great episode. Since episode 3, the show has really hit its stride. Lots of great scenes in this one. The Hound's fight was excellent, and pretty much everything to do with the Brotherhood was awesome. Speaking of which, Maisie Williams was fan-fucking-tastic this episode. All her scenes were great, especially the one with Thoros and Beric around the fire.

Jon and Ygritte's scene was sexy as fuuuu. Then you had Robb and co. having some serious shit going down. Karstark's execution was a great scene, filmed and acted. Now, the bath scene. FUCKING AMAZING. NCW and Gwendoline Christie owned that scene, especially NCW.

Great closing scene as well. Solid 9.

10. Wow...I think I liked this episode even more than last week.

Seriously, I have almost no complaints. Even Robb's storyline was all kinds of awesome and comes off like it was in the book. I'm glad they kept in the "Hang him last so he can watch the others" line. Loved Blackfish punching Karstark too. Nice to see some of Cat's political iniative and try to talk Robb into keeping Karstark as a hostage.

Jaime/Brienne was fantastic and NCW was riveting relating the story. Good touch with Brienne yelling out Kingslayer. We get to see a little of creepy Roose Bolton and creepier Qyburn.

The battle between the Hound and Beric was fantastic. I liked Arya attempting to go after Hound...that's the Pyscho Arya we know and love. Liked Sandor's line about the God liking him more than the butcher's boy. Loved the scene with Gendry.

-It might have been more background stuff but I liked the converstaion with Jorah and Barristan a lot.

-Wow...I can see why Stannis doesn't go near his wife. The fetus thing really freaked me out. Shireen was great and that kid's singing voice is terrific. Typical Stannis...say the absolute wrong thing to your daughter because you're too damn honest. I liked the Davos/Shireen stuff and her being the one to teach him how to read.

-The only thing I didn't like was Ser Loras shacking up with another guy. I have no problem with that kind of stuff at all. My only problem is that it's out of character for Loras to want to be with anyone else other than Renly. That's how strong is love was for him.

-Enjoyed the Olenna/Tyrion scene but that final scene between him, Tywin, and Cersei was fantastic. Especially him bringing up his previous marriage.

Edited by Darth Pipes

"And Now His Watch is Ended" had a really terrific finale, and the Old Bear's death, but if you look at what came before closely, it wasn't that far above an average episode. It was elevated by the finish. This episode is good through and through (except for the character assassination of Loras Tyrell, grr), and in my opinion it's the best episode of the season to date, so I've given it a 9.

I agree, Loras would never betray Renly's memory is such a way.