How would you rate episode 305?

Ran

How would you rate episode 305?  

700 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the episode on a scale of 1 to 10

Stannis is so adorable when he's playing daddy. I wish he were my father :P

Great episode, with the best pacing since season 1 IMHO, but it didn't have many climatic moments, so I gave it an 8. Pretty good for a mid-season episode.

I thought this was a great episode and gave it a 9.

1) Maise was wonderful as Arya and we see the first romantic/affection struggle between Gendry and Arya...with her really not understanding her feelings and him having a better grip on the situation.

2) Selyse was creepy and those fetuses were disgusting, but the whole thing effective. I wonder why they are making Stannis and his situation so bizarre? Stannis is very different in the HBO series.

3) I loved Shireen and her friendship with Davos. I wonder how Davos is going to get in good standing with Stannis again. Will the HOB series have Stannis coming to the aid of the north? Don't see how.

4) Bath scene was great. I thought it was great when Brienne stood up.

5) Last scene with Tywin was amazing.

This episode followed story lines from the book better even though characters were changed (Loras instead of Willis, etc...).

I will watch it again about 4 times this week as I seem to be doing each week.....

Superb episode. Not my favorite, but I couldn't find any flaws so I gave it a 10.

- Hound vs. Beric was absolutely epic. Best fight scene in the show thus far by a mile.

- Crazy Selyse scene was great. Loved seeing Stannis express remorse for his infidelity with Mel, Selyse's deluded encouragement of it and Stan's incredulous reaction & general awkwardness around her. Very well done and the best Stannis scene since he and Davos on the ship in 2.08.

- Shireen's Patchface song was a nice nod to bookreaders. Loved the scene with her and Davos in the dungeon too.

- Jaime/Brienne was powerful and again wonderfully executed.

- Speaking of executed, the entire Karstark subplot resolution was deftly handled, although I thought it might have fit better as the end scene.

- Tywin/Tyrion/Cersei was just fucking brilliant.

This show is humming on all cylinders right now.

Loved this episode. I gave it a 9 simply because I don't give 10s easily. We got lots of the back story from Jaime, Shireen, and Barristan. So many great moments. I wonder how the unsullied will feel about Tyrion's and Sansa's marriage?

Probably the same as us. Oh that's so cruel! But actually maybe it's no so bad given the other alternatives lol.

Probably the same as us. Oh that's so cruel! But actually maybe it's no so bad given the other alternatives lol.

Plus Tyrion is much more handsome on the show rather than in the books. I think the uproar will be more about Sansa's age, even though that was how things were done in the Dark Ages.

Strong 9

They really hit their stride with this one. This is what they have been building up to.

Nailed just about every fact and scene.

Under the sea

The Queen of Thorns handed T his hat. He has finally found a match for his intellect and maybe, appetites.

Edited by Ser Graymax

8 and half. Would have been a 9 but we didnt really need that Dany scene. At least not right now. Needs more Jon!

Anyway, i did love it. Bath Scene. AGH! <33333333333333333333333 I loved it so freaking much!

Also Shireen should be Queen of all everything. Shes too cute for words! Awwwww!

I knew this season would be amazing, but I couldn't have guessed just how. Outside of Davos's little visitor, which, to be honest, was ok, but my god, they must hate Stannis, this episode was perfect. By the time ep. 9 rolls around, everyone will be foaming at the mouth.

TEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Despite the diminishing of Loras's character and the dead babies (that was a WTF moment)

Pleasantly surprised at seeing Yunkai on the map, as well as Grey Worm.

The fight between the Hound and Beric was excellent, but the highlight was Jaime's story and how it ended "My name is Jaime"

Edited by Corvinus

It was a very solid 8 for me. Gave the book fans many of our favorite scenes, cheers to the biggest bookfan on the set, Bryan Cogman. And while I'd love to get into everything I loved about this episode (for instance the total "D'awwww!" moment I had when Shireen is with Davos) but I'm too overwhelmed by the trailer for episode 6! Seven hells does the next episode look intense! I did a pretty severe Macaulay Culkin while watching it. Man. This season is really starting to feel pretty damn good!

I gave it a 9. It was a very strong episode. Loved Jon/Ygritte, Robb & Karstark, Grey Worm, Tywin & kids, Shireen & Davos, all of the BWB scenes, and of course Jaime & Brienne.

The reason I took off a point is because of the portrayal of Ser Loras. I know some characters on TV can be very different from their book counterparts, but I feel like the rewriting of his a little more homophobic than GRRM's version. Loras of the books was so faithful and truly in love with Renly. I personally think it would have been more tasteful to depict that kind of relationship rather than have a man that will sleep with anything with a p**** just because he's gay.